Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

AL

Jun 3, 2019

This was an amazing course that really helped me with my medical writing skills and understanding how making things clear for all audiences can help in spreading scientific knowledge across the world.

IA

Aug 25, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

876 - 900 of 2,145 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Adriana

Apr 13, 2018

This course has improved my way of organise and write my papers. It is really easy to follow and practical. I will highly recommend it!!

By Serafín S F P

Feb 17, 2021

Learning to write is more complex than it looks like. Thanks to Dr. Kristin Sainani we can improve this ability so crucial in sciences.

By Ian L B M

Aug 17, 2020

Simply amazing. I learned so much from Dr. Sainani in those short 8 weeks. I feel more confident in my writing now than when I started.

By Ting C L

Jul 19, 2020

I am a resident doctor and this course is particularly helpful for doctors pursuing a research career! Love it and highly recommend it!

By Christy M

Great course for young scientists! The course taught me on how to write effectively, how to start writing, and how to get it published.

By Kristine C

Great course for those who have difficulty writing scientific manuscripts. I learned a lot in this course and enjoyed at the same time!

By Hritika

Sep 27, 2019

Really very helpful course!! I am glad I took the course! It has immensely helped me in putting my thoughts forward in a better manner!

By Tsinatkeab T H

Jun 17, 2018

It was such an amazing course and I learned a lot. I particularly enjoyed how clear the presentations were and all the cool interviews.

By Pablo T C

Mar 19, 2018

Thank you very much to Dr. Sainani and collaborators for this great course about the science writing process and style. Really helpful.

By Monica E G

Oct 25, 2017

The course is excellent. The lectures are very engaging and the explanations extremely clear. Thanks you very much, Professor Sainani !

By Catherine H

May 29, 2021

Very well structured course. The tips given are very useful. Now everytime when I write, I try to apply what I learned in this course!

By Mohanad E

Jan 8, 2021

This course taught me alot. It was a great experience and it was superfun! Dr. Kristin Sainani was really good, fun and so informative

By AYUSHI B

Nov 22, 2020

The course was very informative, interesting and interactive (through questions in between videos). Learned a lot. Loved it. Thank you

By Motaz B A

Jun 27, 2020

It was an important course to have as a post-graduate and i think it provided me with the essentials to start writing research papers.

By Sonja S

May 22, 2020

Amazing course! I learned a lot from Dr. Kristin, she is amazing! She makes science writing interesting and fun, and I love her humor.

By Jorge E B B

May 16, 2018

This course helped me in my current work as research fellow. Part of my job is to edit scientific papers, and helped me a lot with it.

By Salvatore S

Mar 16, 2018

This course is a must-do for any student. As Prof. Sainani says in her last video, effective communication is vital to modern science.

By Aqsa J

Nov 23, 2021

It was a great opportunity to learn from Kristin. Her method of teaching has helped me greatly. This course was perfectly integrated.

By David L

Jan 18, 2021

Thanks for this useful course. I consider that one more unit 5 (5b) would have been more useful instead of talking to the media unit.

By Florentine M

Aug 17, 2020

I could recommend this course to everybody! The exercises and examples are a good way to learn and illustrate how other authors work.

By Sabrina D

May 23, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. The modules gave me a new perspective on how to write and present research to engage my target audience.

By Shan S

Jun 27, 2018

Very good course. I can learn a lot from this lesson, not only about scientific article writing but also interviews and presentation.

By Caroline A L

Jun 29, 2020

Excellent course! The course was well planned and encompasses several aspects of scientific writing. The professor is very didactic.

By Cristina H D

Jun 21, 2020

This basic course has changed my way of writing and thinking, reinforcing the knowledge I already had and learning many things more.

By Simon N W

Jun 7, 2020

Through this course, I have learned how to make my scientific communication interesting and attractive, even for a general audience.