Back to Introduction to Social Media Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Social Media Marketing by Facebook

This course lays the foundation of social media marketing. You’ll learn what social media marketing entails, including the history and the different social media channels that exist. You’ll learn how to select a social media channel that fits your needs, set goals and success metrics, and determine who your target audience is. By the end of this course, you will be able to: • Understand the landscape of traditional, digital, and social media marketing • Understand how to become certified as a Digital Marketing Associate • Understand the major social media platforms, how they function, and what role they play in marketing • Create SMART goals and identify KPIs • Define your target audience and their customer journey • Choose the right social media platforms and learn how to create social media policies Whatever level of knowledge you start with, this course will help you build a solid foundation for social media marketing and gain applicable skills that will allow you to make your social media marketing efforts more successful and noticeable. Learners don't need marketing experience, but should have basic internet navigation skills and be eager to participate and connect in social media. Learners must have a Facebook account and an Instagram account helps....

RS
Jan 16, 2021

This course is amazing! It gives me a new perspective of using social media, makes me know the power of social media, and teach me how to use social media for marketing purpose.\n\nThank you Mrs. Anke

MP
Dec 26, 2020

Anke is just awesome! Her way of teaching the course keeps me engaged and eager to learn more. All the materials were explained in a clear, concise and and easy to follow ways. Really a great content!

51 - 75 of 1,867 Reviews for Introduction to Social Media Marketing

By Солоха А

May 5, 2021

Coursera was taken my money for this course without my permission. I could not find way to unsubscribed. I just wanted to overview this course and this course is not what I really want to buy. I asked about refund but courser have not reply. I have not attended any lesson from this course because it was not proper one for me.

By Kathleen F

Aug 24, 2021

My goal is to become a content writer and my thought was that learning social media platforms would enhance this goal. However, I found this course to be unclear. Perhaps my brain just isn't wired for this type of learning, lol.

By Cherie X

Mar 28, 2021

it is unuseful, and i post a technical problem that they don't ignore completely, due to the problem that i can finish this course, that's an awful experience.

By Ahmed O

Apr 19, 2021

the course is very basic, I think it would be beneficial for someone who has just arrived from the stone age !!

By Laura C

Jul 8, 2021

Excellent form of learning from the convenience of home (or any location). I appreciate the formats available to learn from - from videos to the reading assignments. I believe this course covered the content that was absolutely relevant to an introduction to social media marketing. I must say, I was someone who was severely hesitant at embracing, much less engaging with, social media platforms. I took this course, because I realized this IS where we are in a world of online social media connections (in all its forms). I knew I had to delve in, familiarize myself with online social media marketing knowledge and education if I am to be competitive in business. I also took this course to become WAY more comfortable with using and engaging on social media platforms. I am so grateful I came across this course. Absolutely worth the investment of my time and money.

By Caroline L

Nov 8, 2021

Well done! A comprehensive introduction with intelligent lesson content created with seamless continuity of subject matter. Course mentor Anke Audenaert was wonderful with her expertise, positivism and cheerful delivery making the lesson videos very enjoyable. Also, the user interface, video infographics, and provided templates were well designed offering additional clarity. Learning about marketing fundamentals as a foundation to build on and a comprehensive view of the many varied aspects of social media marketing in this current landscape – has inspired me to continue with the next course in this FB Social Media Marketing Professional Specialization series.

By Arlyn C

Feb 15, 2021

I gained a lot of insights while taking this course, Introduction to Social Media Marketing more than I expected. Aside from a broad overview of the social media landscape, one of the key takeaway was that I can choose to focus on 2-3 platforms depending on the products or services that I am offering. It also provided specific tools to get started right away in my path towards social media marketing instead of hit and miss method that can leave one frustrated. I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn the skills taught through Coursera in partnership with Facebook!

By Ngoan B T M

Sep 12, 2021

Thông qua khóa học Giới thiệu về tiếp thị truyền thông xã hội của Coursera và Facebook. Kiến thức hiểu biết của tôi về các hoạt động tích cực của các mạng xã hội được củng cố và nâng cao. Tôi mong muốn được chia sẻ khóa học này với cộng đồng mạng và các bạn học sinh của tôi. Ngoài việc ứng xử cá nhân trên mạng xã hội nếu các bạn thật sự quan tâm và muốn phát triển nghề nghiệp thông qua các ứng dụng của truyền thông xã hội để phát triển thương hiệu cũng như giúp các khách hàng tiềm năng cho tương lai cũng như nghề nghiệp của các bạn.

By Adam S S

Apr 11, 2021

This course provides a quality introduction to Social Media Marketing from an academic standpoint. For persons who are 'self-taught,' there is real value in being exposed to the academic/professional vocabulary and logic.

For some, the summary of social media platforms may be information you already know. I recommend you tough it out and learn about platforms you do not intend to use. This way, you'll be able to hold your own in professional conversations. Also, you might be exposed to an opportunity you've never considered before.

By Michelle B

Apr 23, 2021

Excellent course. I already do have a background in social media from my work but I still learned quite a bit from taking this course and look forward to completing the others in order to learn my certificate. The materials were quite straightforward and the combination of videos and reading materials meant that I could stay on top of the work whether I was at my desk, traveling, or even working out (via using my phone). Enjoyed the projects as well as it's helped me hone my skills to improve at my job.

By Steve R

Dec 17, 2020

The final topics relate to Blogging and this is a digital version of Direct marketing without the thousands of pieces of promotional paper everyone called Junk Mail.

Your 4 key blog elements should also include and acceptable FREQUENCY of blogs. If you send blogs too often your audience will rebel and completely disconnect with you.

Can you please explain to me how often is it acceptable to send blogs?

or

Is there somewhere you can suggest on the internet where I can find this information?

By Edgar J L M

Nov 14, 2020

Excelente curso! Muy recomendado y sobretodo practico! Me ayudo a conocer los conceptos fundamentales para llevar a cabo una campaña de marketing a traves de redes sociales. Especificamente aprendi a como crear un buyer persona, como crear las policies de mi compañia, a como crear mi customer journer (embudo de ventas) y muchas otras cosas mas. Ademas, te dan plantillas practicas para utilizarlas en tu trabajo como profesional de marketing. Recomendadisimo!!

By Торгунаков Н Ю

Nov 6, 2020

That is my third completed Coursera course and I really enjoyed it!

There you will find well-structured information, divided into engaging videos and interesting documents. Testing is also well-organized for consolidation of knowledge: good quizzes with detailed comments on the answers (including small questions in the video), as well as regular peer-review assignments, that help not only test and apply your understanding, but also read other opinions.

By Alex D

Nov 15, 2020

This course was interesting and comprehensive. Though I knew a lot about different social platforms going in, I still learned something and the presenter held my attention. I especially liked the activities throughout, I expected to learn skills I could apply at the end of the certificate, but the benefit of working on strategy for my own business as I progress through the course was a benefit a didn't expect and really appreciated.

By Bladimir C R

Oct 22, 2021

Este procesos de aprendizaje se desarrolló con las orientaciones propicias y coherentes a los objetivos planteados, fue muy didáctico y fácil de comprender cada uno de los conceptos con el poyo de los estudios de casos, la pertinencia de los conocimientos permiten que uno los apliquen a eventos reales del sector empresarial. Muy práctico e inductivo, y las pruebas y evaluaciones fueron bien diseñadas en su propósito y objetividad.

By Chiara B

Oct 14, 2021

The instructor was very concise and presented the course well. The excercises and quizzes were neither too hard nor too easy. The course is very informative on who would like to view a quick snapshot of Social Media Marketing. I recommend this, though, on people doesn't have any background on digital marketing. Those already on the field might find this repetitive or redundant, especially the part on how to open a LinkedIn account.

By Moldabergenov H S

Nov 3, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. A lot of new things in the field of business marketing. Only the best impressions. A lot of useful information is expected with each course. I have only the best impressions from these courses. From COURSERA I have only admiration, a storm of applause, delight. The dissemination of such knowledge hello to change the world only in a good way. Many thanks to all the organizers of these courses.

By Wendy R

Mar 23, 2021

Introduction to Social Media Marketing is an excellent course to take. The course is designed in a manner that encourages the learner to apply their knowledge on practical activities. Moreover, the course prepares learners for the real world through weekly projects. The practical exercise aspect of the course makes it easy for learner to retain the knowledge and develop skills to apply in their businesses or employment.

By Gerardo A N

Mar 13, 2021

The course is very well organized and it takes into account those who are turning to digital marketing for the first time. The teacher is very clear, well spoken to the point, motivating and clearly she has passion to teach. The topics grow in a logical manner and the growth is compounded with interesting examples and clear presentation of what is really relevant. Thank you for such a great course.

By Ana I A V

Feb 21, 2021

This course covers the basics every social media professional should know. Even though most of the content is kind of obvious for millennials and Gen Z that are already familiarized with social media platforms, I still got to learn interesting facts, frameworks, and practices. I came up with new ideas that seemed "obvious" but never thought about them before. I would recommend this course.

By Chelsea J

Mar 26, 2021

Throughout this course, I learned the basics of Social Media Marketing and how to establish a business presence on social media. I felt the videos were very informative and actually taught me more than my Social Media Marketing college courses. I enjoy the peer review projects and I think it's great to review other's work as it ensures that you're truly understanding what you're learning.

By Luciane V

Jan 11, 2021

This course has definitely given me the proper knowledge and very specific guidelines to the amazing and powerful concept of Social Media Marketing. Even though I already had some knowledge, this course definitely helped to not feel overwhelmed. Having my own start-up company and wanting to become a social media manager, this course is hands down the best thing that could happen to you.

By Vincent A

Jan 28, 2021

This course is a must for people who aspire to become an expert in social media marketing from scratch. I cant believe I’ve learned so much from this course, easy to follow and understand. The instructor delivered the topics clearly and maintained a lively class all through out. Absolutely she is an excellent speaker and a mentor. Great job Ms. Anke Audenaert! I will miss this course.

By Chandy G

Jul 11, 2021

I have introversion tendencies, which is why Marketing has never even crossed my mind previously. However, this course has changed how I view Marketing, especially Social Media Marketing. The instructor was very excellent in her delivery of the course materials, and the accompanying files were of great help. I am a university student, and this Coursera certificate means a lot to me.

By Dewan R S

Oct 27, 2020

The course is well organized. Extremely helpful who just want to get into social media marketing. I learned a lot throughout the course, specially developing goals, plans and target audience. I am eager to finish the next course now. Another very important comment for the instructor. She is really very great instructor and all the lectures are very detailed and easy. Thanks a lot!