Back to Solar Energy and Electrical System Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Solar Energy and Electrical System Design by University at Buffalo

This course supplies learners with the insights necessary for properly planning, and therefore successfully installing, a photovoltaic (PV) system per design specifications. It directs learners through the important steps of initial site inspection and evaluating appropriate locations for PV systems, and features unique elements of residential, small, industrial and utility-scale solar applications. The course probes key design concerns – including load, efficiency, and mechanical and electrical design – as well as aesthetics and tools for planning. Learners experiment with calculations needed to design a PV system, exercising newly gained knowledge about site selection, layout, code compliance, system components, and wire sizing. This course is targeted for engineers who have interest in entering the solar power sectors. It is also appropriate for HVAC installers, architects and building code inspectors. Learners should have a basic grasp of electrical engineering, physics and mathematical concepts. Those who are unfamiliar with how PV works, the elements of a PV system, and/or solar power ROI should take the first course of the specialization, Solar Energy Systems Overview. Material includes online lectures, videos, demos, hands-on exercises, project work, readings and discussions. This is the second course in the Solar PV for Engineers, Architects and Code Inspectors specialization. To learn more about the specialization, check out a video overview at https://youtu.be/XjkKzbXqA6s....

SB
Jul 15, 2020

100% Efforts by Instructor.\n\nIts amazing to learn how each aspects is being covered in the course.\n\nPRACTICAL Videos of the each parts of the solar was very impressive.\n\nJust Excellent!!!!

MM
Sep 2, 2020

Its a good materials and simplify for no electrical engineer.. I'm a structural engineer background and got easy and clear Al critical point for electrical system design point and checks

1 - 25 of 76 Reviews for Solar Energy and Electrical System Design

By Sohan L B

Jul 16, 2020

100% Efforts by Instructor.

Its amazing to learn how each aspects is being covered in the course.

PRACTICAL Videos of the each parts of the solar was very impressive.

Just Excellent!!!!

By Mohamed E M

Sep 3, 2020

By ABHIJIT S

Jul 30, 2020

Good Day ,Thank you for informing and offering us of this Specialization Course on Offer which I was unaware of .

Thank You to Coursera team as always as this is relevant . Thanks and Warm Regards.ABHIJIT SENGUPTAKolkata , IndiaWebsite : www.pactolianconsulting.comE - Mail : abhijit@pactolianconsulting.comPortfolio URL : https://about.me/abhijitsenguptaSkype : abhijit.sengupta357Ph. : + 91 6290750012Cell : + 91 9163863607

By Mustafa M H A

Oct 3, 2020

It's a great course which provides you with a lot of basic knowledge around solar energy and how to design from the perspective of architecture, electrical and mechanical engineer and open your eyes to the codes you need to follow when you plan to design within the USA. such a great course.

By SUDIPTA D

Sep 23, 2020

It's been a great. I genuinely appreciate the work of the Instructor. Huge and helpful information is provided through this course. After completing this course I can say I have gathered a crucial industrial and practical knowledge regarding PV module System Design. Thank you Gay E Canough.

By Fazla Z A

Aug 23, 2020

This is a very good course , I was able to know the Design of Solar home sizing,types of inverters and where applicable, designs calculations etc. This course is highly recommended to all who are interested in Renewable energy.

By carlos r m

Oct 12, 2020

I am glad to have acquired this new knowledge, which is very pertinent to the development of today's world, and I hope to start putting into practice in my country the concepts I have learned, in the best way possible.

By Mohammed A

Sep 29, 2020

Found it very useful and has good details about the considerations of designing the PV systems. Acquired me knowledge about many tools and techniques used for assessment and evaluation of the project location.

By Gaurav S

Aug 24, 2020

It was greatly helpful. Though I'm located in a far-away country, the knowledge I gained was immense. It opened my eyes as to how many different factors go into planning a solar energy system. Thankyou

By Anilesh K S

Sep 19, 2020

Thanks a lot coursers for providing this course for me i learn this course and i have gained skill for

Solar Energy and Electrical System Design Course-

Thank you so much..

By Si T H

Aug 26, 2020

It is very effective and useful. I got lots of knowledge in planning, cost and electrical design. I learned the solar system clearly and knew more about the inverters.

By Ahmad A

Sep 1, 2020

After finish this course, I realize my final project about renewable energy using solar panel was nothing compared with the knowledge I obtain from this course

By Alexandra K

Sep 29, 2020

Excellent professor with a clear and concise approach to the material. I absolutely recommend taking this class if you want to learn about solar design.

By Jorge A A G

Jul 29, 2020

I like the final exam very much it was very useful to get to know how much I had learn. Maybe it could include more things about design or cables.

By Babatunde T O

Jul 24, 2020

By Shiv K

Sep 9, 2020

The courses are so good and well characterized. You used pictures and videos in their lectures which made it more understandable.Thank you

By Hammad A

Oct 26, 2020

If including some design videos like sunny web design or helioscope and aurora solar will gain some practical knowledge of designing.

By Tamryn L G

Sep 1, 2020

Thank you gay for an exceptional course! It was very informative, practical and understandable. It will really help me in the future.

By Syed N A K

Sep 5, 2020

Thank you very much Mam, taking this course was a wonderful experience for me, you as a course teacher did a great job.

By Abhishek R

Oct 1, 2020

this course help me lot to understand about PV system. I love the way she explained and make the things so easy.

By Fatai H O

Sep 4, 2020

I like the course,it help me to acquire more knowledge on how to generate electricity through solar system

By Alexander P

Sep 26, 2020

Great course of a more detailed view of the design. Easy to follow and excellent professor.

By Avinash k s

Jul 31, 2020

The course was well designed to come across design of a solar pv plant at a facility.

By Dr R P

Aug 30, 2020

This course is very useful for basic learner those who doesn't have any fundamentals

By Sandra C

Nov 20, 2020

Had a wonderful experience. The lecture was very informative and understandable.