Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM

May 03, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

GL

Jun 05, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

51 - 75 of 1,534 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Jaladi N

Jun 01, 2020

good

By Nancy T

Jun 21, 2020

This course seemed excellent to me, it gave me excellent tools to start more efficient conversations in English.

I think that the reviews of the assignments of the other classmates help us to improve the way we listen to the language in non-native people, which I think is very useful since not all of us speak English and it also helps us to improve it when speaking .

Thank you very much and congratulations to all who successfully completed this course.

By Jose A R N

Nov 14, 2018

My name is Jose Antonio. I am looking for a new Data Scientist career (https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseantonio11)

I did this specialization to get new knowledge about English language to complete my CV in technology.

The course was excellent and the classes well taught by teachers.

Congratulations to Coursera team and Instructors.

Regards.

Jose Antonio.

By HILARY H

Jul 07, 2020

It is great course indeed to improve myself. In fact, it is refreshing course that provide me with knowledge and self improvement on my career development. Thank to Instructor of this course, Ms/Madam Leah for conducting this course. I am looking forward to complete another course on next course. Once again, Thank you

Hilary Hiew

Malaysia

July 7 2020

By Priya

This course was very amazing I got a lot of experience from this course. There were many new things which I had learned from this course. The instructor in this course was very nice she explains very thing very nicely. I always feel connected when I was doing this course. I think everyone should do this course and take benefit of this course.

By Hemat B

Jun 19, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, as it gives me more confidence while talking , and I do appreciate the instructor's efforts in making this course effective and easy to be understood by her smooth explanation .

Big Thanks to all Coursera's instructors who participated in this project to make the English "second language" as easy as possible.

By Christena F E

Sep 08, 2018

this course is very simple and useful to me that i can understand everything and help me more and more in my communication skills and improve my language really i love this course very much and help me to make my first elevator speech and overcome my shyness thanks alot for giving me this chance to take this course

By Phuntsho W

Jul 06, 2020

I would like thanks for giving such a wonderful course , its helpful in my current job as well as in the future. Learning new thing from this course is my extra skill and new knowledge, which i will carry through out in my regular work.

Thank to all Georgia Institute of Technology ,Lectures and Instructors.

All the best ahead.

Good Luck.

By Maryam M A

Jul 08, 2020

this course is very good and comprehensive to all the branches of english language. it helps any one wants to learn english professionally. this course enables me to learn the rules of phonetics. it also enables me to know a lot of expressions and these expressions are suitable to small talk and online video conference.

By Abhilash N

Dec 08, 2017

I like this course as it does not complicate by subjecting the students to difficult words. The primary focus is how to represent things in front of another individual or a group. Some very good tips have been shown/taught which is beneficial for everyone no matter what background you are from. Highly recommended!!

By Ben

Jan 15, 2019

This was a great speaking English professional course. I learned a lot from this class. I learned the tools, the techniques, and the feedback from classmates. I will definitely use the tools (Vocaroo and sources) plus the great techniques from the instructors to practice my speaking and presentation.

Thank you!

By TOMO

Jul 02, 2020

I have learned English in Japan. But I have never learned how to study like this.

I appreciate that the teacher speak English understandable and clearly.

I enjoyed watching video, taking tests and checking test for other students.

I also like to check their test and to know what make me different.

Sincere thanks.

By Nadia D

Jun 08, 2020

Vraiment très bien !! Merci beaucoup , étant novice en anglais j'ai trouvé que les thèmes abordés avaient beaucoup de sens, et très pratique pour développer une aisance à l'oral et dans la vie professionnelle ! Notre professeur était très dynamique et clair !! Le travail hebdomaMERCI BEAUCOUP ! Je recommande !

By Luis A Q R

I really wanted to talk English, but I was thinking in Spanish in the middle of the conversation! In this course, I improved my skills in pronunciation, conversation and learn important rules of English Grammar and phonetics uses of language. Plus, Now I think and talk in English at the same time. Thanks a Lot.

By Shravani G

Jun 21, 2020

It was so glad to be a part of this course...Someone who is looking for the fundamentals of English speaking,I would recommend you to take up this course as it is really helpful and provides a very good knowledge overall...I'm so thankful to the instructor and the whole team for bringing up this course.

By APICHAT M

Dec 20, 2018

I love this course so much, I like lecturers who have encouraged me all the time during the course. I love the way they keep following our progress through peer-works and peer-reviews. Even I finish the class I will still keep practice practice and practice so that I could speak English professionally.

By Esam M A A

Nov 06, 2018

I really like this course and I recommended to who want to improve is English language and the teacher so great ,very clear her pronounce also the body language help me a lot to understand the meaning even my language is not that good to describe this course so I want to thank all of them for thats .

By Anabelle M C

Jun 25, 2020

Este curso aprendí como a mejorar mi inglés y poder optar por un trabajo en un call center . Pude mejorar mi pronunciación y seguir prácticando en casa . Las profesoras son excelentes es como si las hubiera tenido al lado mío explicandome !. Muchas gracias por toda su ayuda en medio de esta crisis .

By NASHMIYA T

Jun 21, 2020

Exactly i have gained a lot from this course. Its very helpful indeed. I thanks to everyone who worked behind this. Love you guys and thank you for teaching meeh. Mis Amelia the one who i shoud appreciate the most. And the teacher who teached me . Everyome thank you a lot and this course is awesome

By Larissa F D d S

Nov 03, 2019

Curso extremamente útil para pessoas que desejam melhorar a conversação no Inglês, ele dá dicas muito boas sobre como melhorar a entonação, usar corretamente "word stress" e "sentence stress", além da pronuncia correta dos números, enfim, estou muito satisfeita com o conteúdo apresentado no curso.

By Manoj M

May 14, 2020

I really enjoyed taking the course, the instructor made sure she covered all kinds of professional English as mentioned in the title of the course. Peer graded assignment helped me in practising what I learnt in every week of the course. Overall a short and brief course on Professional English.

By HANY A E M H A

Nov 16, 2017

aver professional course introduced by a very qualified teachers with long experience and funny way to deliver all the information. i recommend this course to every teacher in the world specially my country teacher Egypt . you rely need this course. thanks for all the teachers in this course

By José L C S

Jun 23, 2020

Muy buen curso, lo recomiendo para todos los que tenemos contacto con anglo parlantes ya que nos da herramientas y tips muy concisos para mejorar nuestras habilidades. Además de los temas que vemos en su título se ven cosas particulares del idioma que yo no conocía y me sirvieron mucho.

By Johnson A M

May 02, 2020

Leah Atriua was awesome in teaching the skills. She was very practical and to the point. She taught in a very simple and in an easy manner. Even though I found it bit difficult due to the peers examining my tests, but overall I enjoyed studying it. Thank you Very much Ms. Leah.

By Liana H

Aug 15, 2019

The professors were really nice. The courses were fascinating and incredible to learn. The courses have really helped me to become confident and improve my self-esteem. It was interesting to learn and to pursue in the fantastic courses. I had a good time learning the courses.