Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

SR

Apr 27, 2017

This is a great course. I really learned a lot of things. And the instructions and teaching methods are easy to follow. I recommend it everyone who wants to improve their professional English skills.

SE

Aug 15, 2019

really I'm very enthusiastic in this course , the instructor gives me an important information which I didn't heard before , I'm very glade to this .\n\nthank to my instructor and thanks coursera <3

51 - 75 of 683 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By 余淼

Mar 25, 2016

It is very useful for both unviersity students and employers and employees at work. The content is a bit short and it will be great if there are more contents on pronunciation and grammar. Thanks!

By samar s A E

Aug 15, 2019

thank to my instructor and thanks coursera <3

By RAZAFILALAINA

Aug 20, 2016

Very interesting course ! I m really happy to join this course. There a lot of tricks to help me to be confident in english spoken. Thanks to everyone involved in making this course.

By Juan E P

May 26, 2017

¡Este curso fue excelente! Me ayudó a reafirmar cosas básicas del idioma y además me ayudó en cosas profesionales. Fue un gran curso, muy sencillo de entender pero sumamente útil.

By Muhammad R F

Oct 25, 2019

Thanks to the instructor, she made me speak English more effectively in personal, interviews, presentations and many other aspects like right stresses, intonations etc. Thanks.

By Ahmed N

Mar 25, 2016

I learned a lot in this course , and the modules gives you a direct, productive information. Thanks Georgia Tech, especially everyone helped to produce this excellent course.

By Anandraj

Mar 24, 2018

Good Course I am very liked it. past weeks i am really like college student for interaction with other students i got new ideas and all thank you so much coursera...

By Владислав Г

Apr 03, 2016

It really helps me to improve my english skills! That's why I recommend everybody to pass through this course (especially, if you have an intermediate level).

By chris

Aug 08, 2016

this is a great course... i learned to express myself in a proper manner so i sound more professional on the phone since my job requires to take/make calls.

By Hasan H A

Jan 14, 2020

I like it, so helpful.

the most thing is so easy,focus on what student needs to improve his English

and the best is the different scenes in 1 video.

thanks

By Andrew D Y

Apr 20, 2016

I am really get advantage from this course and start to use new things that I have learnt and will continue the specialization.

By Rinson J

Jul 27, 2016

our professor is excellant in communication and she got an unique style of communication which i will surely try to implement in my communications too!!

By ALONSO A M

Feb 12, 2020

Excellent Course , Good Teachers and very interesting content! Improve my englsih and learn new things thank you very much, apprecit your time and your

By Olga K

May 07, 2016

I liked this course. It was very interesting and informative. This course contains many practical exercises and it really helped me in English. Thanks!

By Gerges W H

Sep 13, 2019

it was amazing course , i enjoyed so much specially by recording my self and reviewing my mates , it makes me more sociable .

really thanks so much .

By Menna M M

Nov 21, 2016

Amazing ! I really love this course , thanks very much ,you help me create my future and improve myself as it is my first step thanks again

-Menna-

By Mayar A

Aug 03, 2017

It was wonderful.

I finished it in one week easy and not boring I recommend all to take it and improve their English skills.

Coursera is the best.

By Sainz D

Aug 06, 2016

This course was very interesting at a human point of view. It helps with bad level of English non native speakers, and it is useful in a company.

By Mohammad H S

Mar 14, 2016

This course is really awesome! It helps me to discover the secrets of speaking English clearly.

Thanks to Georgia Tech, and thanks to Coursera.

By Berry B

Jul 01, 2019

Thank you very much for letting me be part of this class. I learn a lot of things. It definitely helped me improve my English communication.

By JINGNI T

Feb 04, 2020

Undoubtedly, practical courses can be used to reality, which is of vital importance to my development in the future. I highly recommend it.

By Pradeepa H V

Aug 31, 2019

It's a good explore to everyone and it's doesn't matter weather he is an IT employee or layman but it's good course to everyone.

Thanks you.

By Amisha S

Oct 21, 2018

I learned a lot of things from this course. we were assigned assignments which were practical in nature and helped us learn the lessons.

By Elyasafzali

Jun 29, 2018

Thanks a lot for coursera I'm very happy to revise my certificate from this course. i would like to continues my study here in coursera.

By IZ

May 02, 2019

Thank you! It is truly one of the best courses I have taken in coursera. The assignments are very challenging! And it's great! Thanks!