Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

GL

Jun 05, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

NM

May 03, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

51 - 75 of 2,255 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Qushnazarova A S

Apr 17, 2020

Perfect

By Jaladi N

Jun 01, 2020

good

By Andreyna M

Mar 21, 2019

it really was a poor course! im sorry. The tips was good nothing extraordinary but i can't believe that the others students was the person who correct my english homework. SO, i will never know if a made a good english class or was poor

By Muhammad D J C

Sep 21, 2019

This course is not what I expected out to be, It teaches all the things that a beginner English speaker already knows.

I'm sorry but It was such a waste of time.

By Davin A

Jul 14, 2020

Firstly, I would like to give a thank to Mrs. Amalia and Mrs. Leah from Georgia Institute of Technology for giving me an opportunity to learn about English Speaking in a professional way. I do like the intensive learning by using the recorded video and the subtitle (if we don't understand what the speaker is saying, we may see the subtitle). Additionally, the relevancy of what was taught and the given peer-graded assignment makes me feel like communicating with someone as a professional worker in a company. Hence, I do recommend this course for those who will apply for a job/internship and still learning in the university in order to gaining more knowledge and make yourself get ready to build communication with everyone from different cultures. To conclude, I'd like to give 5 stars for this course!

By Dayra J P O

Sep 03, 2020

Thanks to Georgia Technology Institute and mainly to the instructors for your excellent and professional work done with these amazing courses of the "Specialization: Improve your English Communication Skills". Your courses have been one of the best I have taken so far. I have learned a lot of important tips that surely it will help me from now to date such in my personal and professional live. Absolutely full recommended for everyone interested to improve their English communication skills.

This is a high level course, perfectly developed, structured and elaborated, direct and clear to understand.

I'm deeply pleased and happy with my new learning.

By Dr P L D

Aug 10, 2020

The classes what you have given, and the assignements what you have conducted are really good , and easy for understanding all the things and its quite interesting to prepare for assignments. Thank you very much mam. I have finished all the assignments and all the reviews according to the course requirements pls try to provide certificate on time mam. Is there any mistakes of mine pls let me know that mistakes and help me to improve further in my englich communictons skills, I am very much interested to speak always in english, without mistakes, but still the people can listen my engllish very intrestingly.

Thank you very much mam once again.

By Marina S B

Oct 12, 2020

I'm so glad I've concluded this course, and it is such an amazing course because I've learned and improved a lot my oral skills, as well as everyday conversation, some grammar basics but mainly correct pronunciation, and attention to listen the classes and my colleagues assignments. I loved the way the course is structured, because we can interact and build a learning process in group. And I also would like to mention that I've learned about body language, about how to behave during a professional interview. I'm extremely thankful for this iniciative.

By Aditya P

Sep 16, 2020

I would say that the things which i gained through this course can not be expressed in words, its a feel. Even though i want to comment that, through this course i am now making myself coming out of the box while standing in a crowd(i.e, public speaking). This course made me learn, how to give a presentation in an effective and interesting manner. And special thanks to the mentor of Georgia Tech University and Cousera platform which has made this course available.

By Nancy T

Jun 21, 2020

This course seemed excellent to me, it gave me excellent tools to start more efficient conversations in English.

I think that the reviews of the assignments of the other classmates help us to improve the way we listen to the language in non-native people, which I think is very useful since not all of us speak English and it also helps us to improve it when speaking .

Thank you very much and congratulations to all who successfully completed this course.

By JF S

Aug 10, 2020

Very helpful,the instructor is very good.The way she talks is too much friendly.It will help a non native-English speaker like me to improve his/her pronunciation.Now i have a idea about pitch,elevator talk which i have never had.How to talk professionally,giving a effective interview with a confidence was also good lesson for me.I am really thankful to Coursera and obviously to my University who gave me this great opportunity.

By Tiina-Svetlana U

Oct 06, 2020

Thank you for this course!

Initially it seemed simple, but it had lovely subtle nuances, that where very new for me.

Also, I learned some tips from peer reviewing. Overall, if one has enough discipline to push oneself, this course is helpful. Of course one can be lazy too - but then one won't learn much, and to take this course just to pass it - it's not worth it. You have to put your heart into it and you will learn a lot!

By Kimberly M S S

Jul 17, 2020

I give this score because for me is my first, course in Course and I enjoyed the course bucause the teacher are very nice, and the lessons are very easy to understand and practice also I'd learn who develop my skills when I speak in a interviwe also I learned aboout the confidence when I speak and I use the correct body language. Thank you so much for this opportunty for my contry and young people like me.

By Vijayalaxmi

Aug 17, 2020

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to thank, Coursra community, for providing me a golden opportunity to enhance my spoken English skill.I learned the basic concepts of English in every assignment. I understood about the elevator speech. After this course, I gained more confidence to talk in English through phone.I wish to learn more about english.I thank you all very much.

Regards,

Vijayalaxmi

By Kankanamge K P K

Jul 12, 2020

This course is really great.I learned lot of things about practical English.Elevator speeches,video conferencing,telephone convercations,interviews,presentations.Before doing this course I didn't have any idea about these things.So I really thankful to this course.Our instructor was great.Her english pronunciation very clear to us.Thank you for teaching us how to speak English clearly.

By Carol Z

Oct 01, 2020

This course gives you the essential tools to be able to elevate your knowledge in terms of professional presentation, such as improving the intonation, rhythm and pronunciation of some groups of words in English. It gives you tips on how to improve your spoken English. I recommend it to those who want to improve their diction and professional presentations.

By Jose A R N

Nov 14, 2018

My name is Jose Antonio. I am looking for a new Data Scientist career (https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseantonio11)

I did this specialization to get new knowledge about English language to complete my CV in technology.

The course was excellent and the classes well taught by teachers.

Congratulations to Coursera team and Instructors.

Regards.

Jose Antonio.

By HILARY H

Jul 07, 2020

It is great course indeed to improve myself. In fact, it is refreshing course that provide me with knowledge and self improvement on my career development. Thank to Instructor of this course, Ms/Madam Leah for conducting this course. I am looking forward to complete another course on next course. Once again, Thank you

Hilary Hiew

Malaysia

July 7 2020

By Priya

This course was very amazing I got a lot of experience from this course. There were many new things which I had learned from this course. The instructor in this course was very nice she explains very thing very nicely. I always feel connected when I was doing this course. I think everyone should do this course and take benefit of this course.

By Hemat B

Jun 19, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, as it gives me more confidence while talking , and I do appreciate the instructor's efforts in making this course effective and easy to be understood by her smooth explanation .

Big Thanks to all Coursera's instructors who participated in this project to make the English "second language" as easy as possible.

By Christena F E

Sep 08, 2018

this course is very simple and useful to me that i can understand everything and help me more and more in my communication skills and improve my language really i love this course very much and help me to make my first elevator speech and overcome my shyness thanks alot for giving me this chance to take this course

By Phuntsho W

Jul 06, 2020

I would like thanks for giving such a wonderful course , its helpful in my current job as well as in the future. Learning new thing from this course is my extra skill and new knowledge, which i will carry through out in my regular work.

Thank to all Georgia Institute of Technology ,Lectures and Instructors.

All the best ahead.

Good Luck.

By Erix X

Oct 07, 2020

Personally, as a non-native speaker with probably c1-c2 level English, the course doesn't contain too much materials and perhaps 80% of the stuff isn't new to me, but this course really hits some common errors or points many people might have missed. I like it that the course allows me to notice some errors I never noticed before!