Back to Speaking to Inspire: Ceremonial and Motivational Speeches

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speaking to Inspire: Ceremonial and Motivational Speeches by University of Washington

The most memorable speeches inspire, entertain, and praise. By blending stories and eloquence, great speeches highlight the core values motivating an audience. You might need to do this in a keynote address, a eulogy, or simply a business meeting. Inspiring audiences is a common, but difficult writing challenge. You want a speech that elevates the topic and the audience. This course gives you a method for preparing and delivering speeches that inspire and entertain. By the end of this course, you should be able to compose and deliver moving speeches that praise core audience values through evidence, storytelling, and humor. You should be able to write eloquent passages in tones appropriate to the audience and occasion and speak fluidly from either a well-prepared manuscript or from memory. Learners will record speeches, providing and receiving peer feedback....

UB

Dec 08, 2018

It was an amazing experience with University of Washington and Sir Matt MacGarrity. Thanx to Coursera and Prime Minister for providing such learning opportunity.

LE

Sep 20, 2019

Really challenging, I learned alot. I like that it's designed so you cannot cheat your way through it. Requires alot of personal diligent effort.

1 - 24 of 24 Reviews for Speaking to Inspire: Ceremonial and Motivational Speeches

By Santosh S

Oct 16, 2017

I liked the course. This is last in the specialization compromised of 4 courses too. And I feel this is in itself a difficult topic. I used it in parallel to complete my CC#10 - project 10 of Toastmasters competent communicator manual. CC#10 is inspirational speech. So I am using all the skills learned here to prepare the talk. Thanks.

By Stephen V F

Sep 11, 2018

This course, along with the whole certification is filled with helpful and appropriate content. The workload is structured in a manner that is both comprehensive and accessible to a new learner. I believe this is the best course in the specialization because it tackles the most difficult subject manner, and does so in a perhaps better way than the rest.

By Santhosh

Aug 06, 2019

I liked this course very much and definitely recommend this to others. I always found difficulty & felt time consuming, while composing an effective speech. This course, of course, taught me what are the critical factors to be considered? What must be in the core of the speech? How to tailor stories with style and humor. Thank you so much.

By Dr. S V L

Jun 20, 2020

It is a great course and has trained us in the art of Speaking to Inspire. The course instructor Dr. Matt McGarrity is simply superb and leads by his own example. He is is superb and phenomenal instructor. In fact his lessons have inspired us the most. It was a great learning experience and has added value to our careers

By Marcelo B Y

Oct 28, 2017

The course has interesting material, nothing that would be completely surprising, however the combination of lectures, exercises and the video practices - together with the feedback from peers is a really great combination. The videos are hard to do, however is what makes this course great.

By Ume H B

Dec 08, 2018

By Linda E

Sep 20, 2019

By Vincent S

Nov 19, 2017

I really enjoyed this course very much. The content helped me on some recent projects so a quick win already. Thank you Matt and Coursera.

By Jeevan N

Jun 25, 2020

Matt is a great teacher. He takes time to explain so many aspects to public speaking really well. I have enjoyed all his courses

By Joan D

Dec 28, 2018

Thanks to coursera, I leaned a lot and improve my English communication. I love all of teacher in this course and classmates.

By Shakthi G D

Jun 12, 2020

the course was really good. it taught me to write neatly in a stylistic manner. the professor's classes are so impressive.

By Mohd J M

May 04, 2020

I learnt here, how to give speeches at important events

By Muhammed N A

Excellent. Matt is good teacher ever!

By Susan T S C

interesting and challenging

By Annu p

May 05, 2020

great experience

By Mona A A

good

By 42992

T

By Akin A

Jun 29, 2020

Great course. I learnt a lot and got to spend lots of time practising (& hopefully improving) my ceremonial speaking skills. The only downside to this course is that the peer review system isn't great - I had to spend abit of time on the forums making sure I got enough peer reviews to pass. Other than the peer review issues, this was a brilliant course!

By Amit G

Feb 23, 2018

Great course gives you an insight into preparing and delivering a great speech! I will recommend it.

Thx Matt for conducting in-depth research into this topic and delivering it to us. thx

By ADARSH Y

May 23, 2020

Thanking coursera for giving me this opportunity

By LATHRO

Dec 29, 2018

Thank you for this huge content.

By Nguyen T T N

Aug 10, 2019

Fewer peer reviews please

By Palani T A

Jan 23, 2020

Very useful.

By Ahsan m K

Apr 06, 2020

Its too long. Public Speaking is best when it delivers value with the minimum time and effort.