Back to SQL for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for SQL for Data Science by University of California, Davis

As data collection has increased exponentially, so has the need for people skilled at using and interacting with data; to be able to think critically, and provide insights to make better decisions and optimize their businesses. This is a data scientist, “part mathematician, part computer scientist, and part trend spotter” (SAS Institute, Inc.). According to Glassdoor, being a data scientist is the best job in America; with a median base salary of $110,000 and thousands of job openings at a time. The skills necessary to be a good data scientist include being able to retrieve and work with data, and to do that you need to be well versed in SQL, the standard language for communicating with database systems. This course is designed to give you a primer in the fundamentals of SQL and working with data so that you can begin analyzing it for data science purposes. You will begin to ask the right questions and come up with good answers to deliver valuable insights for your organization. This course starts with the basics and assumes you do not have any knowledge or skills in SQL. It will build on that foundation and gradually have you write both simple and complex queries to help you select data from tables. You'll start to work with different types of data like strings and numbers and discuss methods to filter and pare down your results. You will create new tables and be able to move data into them. You will learn common operators and how to combine the data. You will use case statements and concepts like data governance and profiling. You will discuss topics on data, and practice using real-world programming assignments. You will interpret the structure, meaning, and relationships in source data and use SQL as a professional to shape your data for targeted analysis purposes. Although we do not have any specific prerequisites or software requirements to take this course, a simple text editor is recommended for the final project. So what are you waiting for? This is your first step in landing a job in the best occupation in the US and soon the world!...

JP
Apr 5, 2020

This course has really helped with optimizing queries that I work with everyday, enhancing my understanding of RDBMS, joins, analyzing and structuring exactly what you need and yielding those results.

MP
Jul 17, 2020

best course for learning SQL for beginners.I learned so much from this course.the speaking language is also simple ..So i Recommended this course for beginners who's 2nd or third language is English.

251 - 275 of 2,205 Reviews for SQL for Data Science

By Aowuu

Oct 11, 2018

I am very exciting to use SQL help me analyze data, and it is a powerful and easy-going language for me to use in future modelling & analysis work. The course is really helpful, thankyou.

By Samuel E

Sep 22, 2020

Great program that even if you know nothing about SQL in advance - the course will equip you with the most important knowledge to allow you to dive into the field of SQL and data science

By GUDIPUDI R

Jul 26, 2020

All the concepts are explained in a very structured way and the course made complex queries too very easy to understand. Definitely try this course for sql. No regrets and very happy:):)

By Johanna P

Jan 15, 2020

This class has already paid for itself. I have used what I learned to write SQL reports to pull reports from our test database. I look forward to taking more classes in SQL Data Science.

By Rainy L

Oct 27, 2020

Very good course for a starter in Data Science world. The instructor's lectures are very logical and easy to understand and you learned more by finishing every single practice and quiz.

By Tahir M

Feb 10, 2020

It is a very hands on course in which you will learn a lot about SQL but also be able to practice a lot. The instructor is excellent and the materials are great. Definitely recommended.

By ONYANGO C O

The best tutors I have encountered are from Coursera. Thank you for giving a positive mind to believe in myself that I can do it by providing me with the SQL with Data Science Course.

By Yang L

Feb 2, 2018

very good. learned a lot in this course. I love the way that it lets us use SQL directly inside the couresare website as I always get confused at installing softwares. GREAT JOURNEY!

By Enrique F C

Sep 21, 2019

I was a great topic, but just as feedback it should include more practical work since lesson 1 because, at least for me, it was difficult to put in practice the theory doing a test.

By tarun r

Jul 2, 2019

Great course for beginners to get their hands on SQL. I would advice the instructors to add more lessons on advance SQL topics like triggers,procedures,foreign keys,with clause etc.

By Tarun P S

Apr 25, 2020

The course is aimed at beginners and it does a good job at it.

There are typos and some errors in 1 or 2 lectures but otherwise, the content is very well structured.

I learnt a lot.

By Giulio C

Sep 30, 2018

Very well done! All the needed information for beginners and quite challenging quizes at the end. Recommended if you want to kick off or refresh your knowledge on SQL Data Science.

By María L S R

Jan 4, 2021

It has a line of information for the proper learning of SQL that I qualify as excellent, it has allowed me to know fully the details and the great advantages that the program has.

By ARJUN M

Oct 6, 2020

It was a very comprehensive course and best part I liked about this course is we have to complete all the quiz and tests which give hands on practice as well as confidence to you.

By Kaleb E M D

Oct 13, 2019

The course was excellent because I could learn about general topics about SQL. For that reason, I want to study more about Data becasue it's really necessary in the current world.

By Chandra B

Dec 2, 2020

Learnt the SQL technology and data science flavor that how to get insights into dataset and retrieve the useful information which is much needed as a data scientist professional.

By Bernardita S

Apr 14, 2020

The course was well presented and structured.

It'has provided me insights of SQL for Data Scientist as I expected.

I look forward to continuing learning trough the Coursea courses.

By RAKESH M A

Apr 4, 2020

Best Course for SQL and best teacher. Can Use more visual part while explaining the statement. Like what will be the output for shown example.Otherwhise best course after IBM SQL

By Rafael C d A

Jun 18, 2020

For me that is Business Background, this course was perfect because introduce me to SQL world, and show me how essential is SQL to extract and manipulate data. That was so good!

By Adam N

I really enjoyed the course, it was nicely structured. I would add more practice questions in between videos to solidify the understanding of the material with each new concept.

By Yongzheng Z

Aug 17, 2020

Such a great course, i understand basic functions of using SQL .That's a challenge for me to think about tests carefully and have a feeling of achievement after passing them.

By Аида Ш

Thanks for great course. I will definitely recommend it to others. The lessons are knowledgeable and explained in a simple way. It helps me to structure my basic skills of SQL.

By Vishnu T C

Very good beginner dip into SQL; cleared up a lot of stuff that flew by my head in college. The exercises especially were great and helped build my confidence while learning.

By Emerson S I J

Oct 2, 2019

It has good explanations and exercises.

I only wish it had some kind of tutorial of how to install a SQL software, and to have exercises to input or modify data in a database.

By Ankita T

May 2, 2019

The course was great. It helped me learn the basics and little things but of great importance, to be kept in mind while writing out the SQL queries for data analysis. Thanks.