Back to Cracking the Creativity Code: Discovering Ideas

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cracking the Creativity Code: Discovering Ideas by Technion - Israel Institute of Technology

Skill at discovering new ideas, and delivering them, may be one of the most important practical job skills, in today’s and tomorrow’s job market. Creativity is an acquired skill, one that improves with practice. This course aims to empower individuals who believe they have lost their innate creativity, because they, their employers or teachers prefer the three R's: replication, repetition and rote, to innovation. We show how to re-ignite rusty creative powers. During this course, you will learn proven tools, frameworks and concepts useful for discovery– generating an endless stream of new ideas implementing at least some of those ideas with skill and persistence, based on books and articles written by the instructors. In the first part of the course, you will learn a proven structured method for generating and implementing world-changing ideas known as ‘Zoom in, Zoom out, Zoom in’ that makes creativity more accessible to everyone. In the following weeks, you will learn practical proven tools useful for delivering ideas by employing the basic principles of business and management. You will practice the method, use it to tackle challenging real-world needs and produce a 2-3 minutes video presenting your idea. Course Learning Outcomes On successfully completing this four-week course, you will be able to: - Manage a process to generate an unending stream of creative ideas - Lead a process of innovation and implement ideas through all phases from discovery to delivery. - Apply creativity to a wide range of strategic management issues. - Solve problems with a high degree of innovation, creative thinking and risk taking. - Use and apply proven structured method for generating and implementing world-changing ideas known as ‘Zoom in, Zoom out, Zoom in’. - Develop and implement an innovation in your own practice. - Identify new and unfamiliar challenges and reflect on these challenges from a creative point of view, action they require and service they provide. - Demonstrate creative problem solving skills for defining, structuring and solving real world operations management problems....

MD
Jun 5, 2016

Really excellent Course with the great educators. There's a lot that can be learned in this course and applicate in everyday life, especially if you are teacher who transferred knowledge to students.

AA
Oct 15, 2016

Creatively inspiring, great content to reflect and practice upon and great innovation spark, thanks to Prof. Shlomo Maital & Arie Ruttenberg for delivering this creative experience and knowledge.

26 - 50 of 226 Reviews for Cracking the Creativity Code: Discovering Ideas

By Samy D

Feb 9, 2016

I'm so far very impressed with this course series and I'm so excited to dicover

By Mina E

Mar 2, 2016

a course I have been looking forward to for such a long time!

By Carlos F A S

Jun 8, 2020

love it, its full with examples and stories of creativity.

By 蒋驰

Jun 13, 2016

Good! I have learnt alot about creativity from the lesson.

By Huston L

Sep 18, 2016

Thank you Prof. Shlomo Maital, I like this course a lot

By Antoni B

Nov 4, 2016

We were presented a totally new approach to innovation and entrepreneurship, which was very interesting and inspiring. Prof. Shlomo Maital provides us with an impuls to go through an experience and transformation stages (as per Gilmore and Pine II).

Mr. Professor ! Thanks for spending time with us and sharing your knowledge and wisdom.

By Jennifer M

Mar 6, 2016

While I appreciate this class for attempting to tackle a complicated topic, it was too hard for me to follow, and the peer assignment grading rubric is too arbitrary. Perhaps it is designed for those who are more analytical than myself.. Such as developers... (I am a writer). Although I liked the topic, I will not be taking more classes with this instructor.

By Jemwel A

Aug 15, 2020

It was a great experience to be able to land on this course, I wish I attended this earlier in my life, my thanksgiving to prof Maital for successfully delivering the ideas and concepts of this course. I will visit here sometimes to review some notes. Thank you to the team!!!

By Prof. C T

Nov 19, 2020

Thank you for the course, which has helped in learn, understand and apply the creativity in different aspects to grow the young minds that i teach at university to become entrepreneurs. Thank you Dr. Shlomo Maital for taking me through this wonderful learning journey.

By Herberth F E C

Sep 28, 2020

it is very useful for me to know how i can be focus in or out, somehow i develop my skills to be creative thank you very much.

Best regards

By Pavel K

Aug 24, 2020

Great course. Takes a bit time to get the taste and move to the core. Then it shows how simple principles could help you a lot with creativity.

By HungNBHE141537

Aug 4, 2020

I like this course, I did watch all the videos and it gave me business knowledge more than I ever have.

By gobonaone c

Jan 3, 2021

thank you, Coursera I have learnt how to come up with ideas on how to start a business

By IGI-ODODO O

Jul 8, 2020

It was educative and impactful, I learnt a lot about cracking the creativity code.

By Henry D

Aug 21, 2020

The course provides insightful and practical ways to think creatively.

By Gonzalo P P

Apr 27, 2021

A lot of experience from the teachers, a really inspirational course.

By Feliciano S

Nov 3, 2020

I learned a lot, and our Professor is so fatherly and inspiring.

By Akinnagbe I B

Jul 8, 2020

i had so much fun on this teaching, thank you for the opportunity

By Dr A C S

Sep 23, 2018

Good explanation about how to discovering various ideas

By Brian K

Dec 15, 2016

It was a very wonderful course to take. Am so grateful

By Purity M

Jul 3, 2021

What you need to get unlock your inner creativity

By Muhammad F S

Jan 15, 2018

Great course with very enthusiastic instructor!

By Artem

Mar 15, 2016

This is very good course in creative thinking!

By LUN C

Sep 3, 2018

It improves my understanding of innovation!

By Raul d M

Apr 16, 2016

Amazing vision of creativity! Really worth!