Back to Supply Chain Management: A Learning Perspective

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supply Chain Management: A Learning Perspective by Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST)

As a human being, we all consume products and/or services all the time. This morning you got up and ate your breakfast, e.g., eggs, milk, bread, fresh fruits, and the like. After the breakfast, you drove your car to work or school. At your office, you used your computer, perhaps equipped with 27” LCD monitor. During your break, you drank a cup of coffee and played with your iPhone. So on and so forth. You probably take it for granted that you can enjoy all of these products. But if you take a closer look at how each of these products can be made and eventually delivered to you, you will realize that each one of these is no short of miracle. For example, which fruit do you like? Consider fresh strawberries. In order for the strawberries to be on your breakfast table, there must be numerous functions, activities, transactions, and people involved in planting, cultivating, delivering, and consuming strawberries. Moreover, all of these functions, activities, transactions, and people are connected as an integral chain, through which physical products like strawberries themselves and virtual elements such as information and communication flow back and forth constantly. By grouping related functions or activities, we have a supply chain, comprised of four primary functions such as supplier, manufacturer, distributor, and finally consumer. A supply chain is essentially a value chain. For the society or economy as a whole, the goal is to maximize value, i.e., to create satisfactory value without spending too much. In order to create the maximum value for the strawberry supply chain, every participant in the chain must carry out its function efficiently. In addition, all of the members must coordinate with each other effectively in order to ensure value maximization. We have to face the same issues for almost all the products and services we take for granted in our everyday life, e.g., cars, hamburgers, haircuts, surgeries, movies, banks, restaurants, and you name it! In this course, we want to understand fundamental principles of value creation for the consumers or the market. We try to answer questions like how the product or service is made, how the value-creating activities or functions are coordinated, who should play what leadership roles in realizing all these, and so on. As our course title hints, we approach all of these issues from a learning perspective, which is dynamic in nature and emphasizes long-term capability building rather than short-term symptomatic problem solving....

MP

Apr 04, 2017

Thank you for giving me excellent information on supply chain management.It is very helpful course for me. Thank you Korea advanced institute of science and technology and coursera.

Aug 01, 2016

I was really an honor to have certification under KAIST and professor Bowon Kim, it was really a great experience to have this certification under your guidance. Thank you.

1 - 25 of 131 Reviews for Supply Chain Management: A Learning Perspective

By adrian r

Oct 15, 2017

It was a successful course , very clearly and Useful!. I hope that KAIST develop news courses about supply chain management. Thank you very much for share knowledge!

By muhammad s k

Dec 17, 2018

wonderful to learn.thanks coursera

By Abdul w k

Feb 21, 2019

Thank you so much Professor Bowon Kim for giving us your precious time and knowledge. I learnt a lot of things in this course.

By Monique F G d B

Mar 03, 2019

I have learned a lot about administrating time and other important aspects of logistics.

I can apply it also in personal life, and I am moving much smoothly in the city by myself.

Cheers! :)

Jan 22, 2017

very good

By Horacio T P

Aug 09, 2017

Esta muy interesante el curso y con muchas herramientas muy buenas para conocer sobre la cadena de suministro y la nueva perspectiva de aprendizaje, recomiendo mucho tomar cursos en esta plataforma es muy sencillo y gratis :) excelente.

By sazzad h s

Jan 30, 2018

just go for it

By Amelia C A C

Jul 09, 2017

Muy recomendado y completo, ver la cadena de suministro desde una perfectiva de análisis.

By pedro s p

By Sazzad H S

Mar 06, 2018

By Katya M

Aug 09, 2017

this course of the chain supply managemente was really interesting and helpsul becasuse i´m studying a career that talks about it

By Telesforo I D A C

Jun 11, 2017

EXCELENTE CURSO

By Waqar R

Mar 11, 2017

bowon kim is a fabulous teacher.

i enjoyed this course

By Armando G E S

Nov 04, 2016

A nice introductory overlook to SCM intricacies. Very complete with a lot of useful examples, and explaining a lot of basic concepts.

By Mohamed G A

Oct 20, 2016

Great prof. and good material thank's coursera

By Cesar E O G

May 19, 2017

This course is really good, amazing explanations, but sometimes there are problems with the audio. 5 stars!

By Jameel P

Sep 24, 2016

Perfect Course for Supply Chain Professionals. Very good Content and Well Delivered.

By Nzenwa a

Jun 08, 2017

The professor uses practical examples to enable you understand.

By Saddi S

Dec 01, 2017

EXCELLENT COURSE.THANK YOU VERY MUCH

By Basia F

Dec 18, 2016

A great overview of Supply Chain Management with interesting examples.

By Fermin M A

Sep 20, 2017

It is a really good course to improve your skills in Suply Chain Management. I have learnt a lot and I have improved my knowledge in this area. Thank you very much.

By David I

May 23, 2016

Very useful overview course. Goes into good explanations on difficult to understand concepts.