Back to Supply Chain Management: A Learning Perspective

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supply Chain Management: A Learning Perspective by Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST)

As a human being, we all consume products and/or services all the time. This morning you got up and ate your breakfast, e.g., eggs, milk, bread, fresh fruits, and the like. After the breakfast, you drove your car to work or school. At your office, you used your computer, perhaps equipped with 27” LCD monitor. During your break, you drank a cup of coffee and played with your iPhone. So on and so forth. You probably take it for granted that you can enjoy all of these products. But if you take a closer look at how each of these products can be made and eventually delivered to you, you will realize that each one of these is no short of miracle. For example, which fruit do you like? Consider fresh strawberries. In order for the strawberries to be on your breakfast table, there must be numerous functions, activities, transactions, and people involved in planting, cultivating, delivering, and consuming strawberries. Moreover, all of these functions, activities, transactions, and people are connected as an integral chain, through which physical products like strawberries themselves and virtual elements such as information and communication flow back and forth constantly. By grouping related functions or activities, we have a supply chain, comprised of four primary functions such as supplier, manufacturer, distributor, and finally consumer. A supply chain is essentially a value chain. For the society or economy as a whole, the goal is to maximize value, i.e., to create satisfactory value without spending too much. In order to create the maximum value for the strawberry supply chain, every participant in the chain must carry out its function efficiently. In addition, all of the members must coordinate with each other effectively in order to ensure value maximization. We have to face the same issues for almost all the products and services we take for granted in our everyday life, e.g., cars, hamburgers, haircuts, surgeries, movies, banks, restaurants, and you name it! In this course, we want to understand fundamental principles of value creation for the consumers or the market. We try to answer questions like how the product or service is made, how the value-creating activities or functions are coordinated, who should play what leadership roles in realizing all these, and so on. As our course title hints, we approach all of these issues from a learning perspective, which is dynamic in nature and emphasizes long-term capability building rather than short-term symptomatic problem solving....

MP

Apr 04, 2017

Thank you for giving me excellent information on supply chain management.It is very helpful course for me. Thank you Korea advanced institute of science and technology and coursera.

Aug 01, 2016

I was really an honor to have certification under KAIST and professor Bowon Kim, it was really a great experience to have this certification under your guidance. Thank you.

1 - 25 of 133 Reviews for Supply Chain Management: A Learning Perspective

By adrian r

Oct 15, 2017

It was a successful course , very clearly and Useful!. I hope that KAIST develop news courses about supply chain management. Thank you very much for share knowledge!

By Agus M

Nov 23, 2019

The course is very clear and the contents are value, I have clear understanding of many things about SCM after this course, many thanks and highly appreciated

By Yevgeniya

Aug 10, 2016

I enjoyed studying the course. Information is given in a very understandable and proffesional way at the same time. I will highly recommend this course.

By Estêvão E d C A G

Jan 15, 2018

I believe this is a great course whether you're a beginner in Supply Chain Management or already have not only some theoretical background but even practical/work experience as in my personal case.

The approach that Prof. Kim uses in order to explain the concepts is very different than the one that I had when first being introduced to these concepts and I believe this makes the difference. This has a given me a new perspective and for sure from now on I'll look at SCM from a different point of view than I had used so far.

Thanks.

By Prasanth B

Jul 09, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. This course really helped to gain theoretical knowledge about Supply Chain Management and the different factors involved in it. I liked the real-life practical examples of companies given by Professor Bowon Kim and he is absolutely awesome at teaching and explains things so well. I can tell he genuinely cared about making the material interesting to everyone. I would recommend this course to whoever wants to gain knowledge in the field of Supply chain management.

By Tanguy L

Nov 22, 2016

Real good lesson than give us a good learning of why supply chain have an important role in a company and without enter in the details we have a good understanding of the company challenges to stay sustainable in the time. If, like me, you strive after grow a company, this lesson is necessary to plan the structure, ethical & organization.

More Kim Bowon is a great teacher and the plan of these lessons (even the graph) are usefull to keep going the course. Thanks to him.

Tanguy LEVENT

By marco.bertolazzi@outlook.com

Oct 30, 2016

I consider this course very well done! I really want to thank prof. Bowon Kim for his effort in arranging all these topics together and for providing us such important learning tools that enable us to improve not only SCM but also our professional skills.

Thank to this course, I have a more critical capability to see phenomena on various and different perspective and I have understood how to take decisions that will lead to a sustainable SCM in the long term.

By Massahiro M

Jan 05, 2017

Sou neófito no assunto. Fiz o curso para fins de capacitação no assunto. Acredito que consegui o meu intento. Agora consigo ler artigos e livros sobre o tema. Foi uma forma segura e de qualidade para capacitação no tema. Espero encontrar no Coursera cursos sobre o tema SCM que possam me auxiliar na pratica dos conhecimentos adquiridos bem como no aprimoramentos da minha capacitação.

By OMOTAYO

May 28, 2018

Quite interesting and elaborate. It was very practical for me as i have the responsibility of managing raw materials where i work and i also interact with both internal customer i.e users of the materials and eternal customers i.e suppliers. I immediately started applying the principles learnt and it has been quite helpful

By Shashank S

Jul 08, 2019

This particular course helped me gain knowledge in supply chain

It has changed my perspective about the same.

The lecturer is great Mr bowon kim.

I thank the KAIST Community for helping me with the course and also thank Mr brown without which it would have been impossible to complete the same .

By Horacio T P

Aug 09, 2017

Esta muy interesante el curso y con muchas herramientas muy buenas para conocer sobre la cadena de suministro y la nueva perspectiva de aprendizaje, recomiendo mucho tomar cursos en esta plataforma es muy sencillo y gratis :) excelente.

By ADESOJI D

Dec 18, 2017

This course was really helpful as it provided in-depth understanding and a unique perspective to supply chain management. In addition, the lecturer was quite articulate despite of the accent difference. Highly recommended!

By Monique F G d B

Mar 03, 2019

I have learned a lot about administrating time and other important aspects of logistics.

I can apply it also in personal life, and I am moving much smoothly in the city by myself.

Cheers! :)

By Meetkumar J P

Apr 04, 2017

By Saurabh S

Aug 01, 2016

By Jesús D M B

Feb 02, 2018

El Curso y el Temario es una Introduccion con ejemplos para entender la cadena de suministro pero si tienes conocimiento de Logistica puede ayudarte a entender los temas.

By Fermin M A

Sep 20, 2017

It is a really good course to improve your skills in Suply Chain Management. I have learnt a lot and I have improved my knowledge in this area. Thank you very much.

By Aleksandar

Oct 14, 2016

During last time I've learned a lot of about Supply Chain Managemet. I'm sure it will help me in the future! All The Best for excellent professor Bowon Kim!

By Artan R

Jun 19, 2016

Very well prepared and organized course. As the title suggest, it offer an insightful learning perspective. ideal to anyone interested on SCM.

By Saud A F

Jun 14, 2016

Excellent course and the way Professor delivered lecture was very simple and understandable. Thanks to coursera, Professor and related bodies.

By Armando G E S

Nov 04, 2016

A nice introductory overlook to SCM intricacies. Very complete with a lot of useful examples, and explaining a lot of basic concepts.

By Juan M R

Sep 09, 2016

Regards from Colombia,

Excellent course. The knowledge acquired are very practical to organize a company with global business vision.

By Katrina C

Jul 23, 2019

The course is informative and the lecturer gives plenty of real-world examples, making it easy to understand and enjoyable to learn.

By yatin

Mar 14, 2017

Thanks. Noone can beat online learning. You are getting lectures from best teacher and attending the same as per your convenience.

By Katya M

Aug 09, 2017

this course of the chain supply managemente was really interesting and helpsul becasuse i´m studying a career that talks about it