Back to Sustainable Fashion

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sustainable Fashion by Copenhagen Business School

Sometimes when we say we work with sustainable fashion people look at us like... "Mmmm, is it really possible for something like fashion to be sustainable?" And let's face it, people are right being suspicious. If anything the fashion industry has become increasingly unsustainable over the last decades, using more and more natural resources and creating more and more waste. In this course, we provide an overview of business model theory and discuss business models as essential tools in the transformation towards more sustainable businesses. Throughout the course, we will use business model theory as a foundation to look at how real-world fashion brands are adopting more sustainable ways of doing business. We will provide you with a rich opportunity to examine their efforts and consider strategies for your own organisation. Hopefully, you can also enlighten us with some local examples in your own countries for us to discover together new ways of dealing with sustainability. By the end of the course, you have an understanding of the overall challenges and potential solutions for businesses to become more sustainable. You will learn about the challenges and opportunities of implementing circular business models and we will introduce various tools that companies use to measure and report about sustainability. You will be able to think about business model theory in new ways and apply strategies to manage business model innovation towards sustainable practices. This is a very exciting time to be working in the fashion industry, so let's get started!...

RJ
Aug 27, 2020

Very interesting and insightful course. Easy to follow and understand the concepts discussed in the course even with no Fashion background. Thank you very much for offering this course.

AB
Mar 29, 2020

I enjoyed the course! The program is easy to follow, the discussions are very helpful, I learned new concepts and their use in professional landfill! I recommend the course!

1 - 25 of 170 Reviews for Sustainable Fashion

By Laxmi D

Apr 11, 2020

This course is very much interesting and easy to learn and the course format is made in such a way that they have connectivity from the start to the end and all your doubts are cleared and i enjoyed the course .

people who want to open a sustainable brand or want to learn about sustainable fashion this is the best course that you can do.

By Analía M O P

Great course! The lectures are very complete with a lot of content value. You learn about what companies are doing nowadays in order to be more sustainable and responsible.

By Darine A K

Feb 6, 2020

very beneficial,

learnt a lot from the lecturers, also students reviews helps so much in getting an idea on different views about sustainability.

By Erika

Jul 9, 2020

An excellent course to learn what is happening in the sustainable fashion forefront, and what can be done to increase awareness for everyone. Very valuable concepts and methods were taught (and learned) in an enjoyable and highly informative format. I very highly recommend this course to anyone that wants to learn more about sustainability in the fashion industry and beyond.

By Kritika B

For a beginner, this course was really informative and helpful. Definitely introduced me to a lot on new interesting concepts and ideas.

By Natalia M

Feb 3, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, its was very complete and puts me on a different perspective.

By Simona G

The course on Sustainable Fashion was well structured. I have enjoyed the topic, which was really new to me. It was well treated, and tools / links were given to further investigate on our own. The final assignment was definitely a great way of using on-field what we have learned through the classes. I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

I am looking for another course right now on Coursera, because I think there's a fair balance between the cost, the content value, the job we have to do on our own, the chance of having a certificate. If I may, the only general "complaint" is that there's no clarity on how to contact an assistance service, if needed. We're a bit left on our own with the hope that the entire process goes smoothly.

By Lara S

May 13, 2020

This is the best Coursera course I have taken so far! :) Thank you – for informative, interesting and well researched facts in short video formats! I also like that after each short presentation there is a quiz to further burn those informations into my brain. I find it really effective. This is also probably the first class that made me think about this topic outside of the class in my everyday life, questioning things. I found that lots of classes are very long and dry, but this one is compact and soo interesting! Well done!

By Aditi M

Jul 9, 2020

Genuinely loved and enjoyed every module of the course. It has been very well planned and prepared. Thank you for such an insightful course. The examples/case studies included were extremely helpful. This course has motivated me to move to be conscious about what I buy and from where and when especially what I do with it later, with any item for that matter and not just fashion. I shall be recommending this course to as many people as I can as it helped create humongous awareness.

By iwona L

Sep 13, 2020

Would thoroughly recommend this course - it is well structured and accommodating to everyone's structure of life. Extremely informative with it's literature and the videos are not too long. Perfectly set out with additional questionnaires. Think it is a duty, that everyone should learn these facts from a business and fashion perspective. Times are rapidly changing and everybody should be made conscious by now of Sustainability. Perfect method to learn. Great course!!!

By Mohammadreza B

Mar 31, 2020

I took this course and received the certification today. Literally that was a great course regarding fashion in a sustainable context. I learned as many new things as possible. This course has opened a new window considering sustainability, business model and circular economy. I highly recommend it to those who are interested in grasping more knowledge about Sustainable Fashion.

Special thanks to all instructors and wish all learners good luck

Regards,

By SR

Aug 4, 2020

Loved this course. Lot of practical case studies, new concepts backed by academic research and practitioner inputs. Very good learning. Thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks to the Professors and Staff of CBS and Coursera who have put enormous efforts in making this course. Special thanks to Prof. Kirsti Reitan Andersen, Prof. Esben Rahbek Gjerdrum Pedersen and Ms. Ana Lucia Diaz Schiavon

By ELB P

Jan 18, 2021

Well-organized and presented course. Even if you you already have background in this, there is so much more to learn, and this class is a comprehensive overview, chock full of good reading resources, case studies, and more. I appreciated having to do a case study at the end of the course, along with the peer reviews, as this allowed for a deep dive into the concepts presented.

By shivani g

May 8, 2020

The course was very well structured and all the speakers were very clear in what they were teaching which made learning for me much more fun and easy to understand. I would like to thank all the speakers for their valuable time and insights into this course.

By Ruwanthi J

Aug 28, 2020

By Anna B

Mar 30, 2020

By Prerna S B

Aug 19, 2020

An excellent course from the point of view of someone looking to run a business in sustainable fashion. However, it could do with more from a view of an academic study of sustainability concepts when applied to fashion.

By Madina K

Apr 30, 2020

I really enjoyed and liked this course and the creative and modern way of teaching by Ana and Kirsti, there were loads of visual presentation, interviews with brands. I could see all the work their team has done prior to launching this course. Thank very much for the whole team for sharing their knowledge and experience. I feel very inspired upon completing the course.

By GLORIA M M C

Sep 2, 2020

The course is full. The teachers share important knowledge about the sustainability business in fashion. They introduce you crucial concepts which has to be develop in order to create a sustainable world. Also, they interview business which perspectives really interesting, those examples give. you new ideas to develop or introduce in the fashion business.

By Sucharitha R

Aug 18, 2020

Thank you for offering this course. I appreciate the instructors for their meticulous delivery of the course contents, assignment topics , and subtle approach of the subject. It has helped me to gain immense knowledge on the Sustainability topic, which is the real need of the hour. My best wishes for their future courses, Keep it up!Thank you.

By DHRUVYASHA P

Apr 26, 2020

SUSTAINABLE FASHION course gave me direction to plan my business model and helped me to know the dark side of fast fashion brands. And by knowing about many other sustainable brands during this course gave so much of knowledge about innovation in the sustainable fashion industry. I have recommended this course to many of my friends.

By Liberty N

Oct 29, 2020

This course was an eye-opening look into the world of fashion, and the environmental implications it involves. It teaches about how we can change the consumer mindset and a lot about sustainable business models. I would recommend this course for those wishing to further their knowledge about fashion, sustainability and environmental awareness.

By Loi L C

Dec 4, 2020

This was a worthwhile study. It is an eyeopener for me and I believe it planted a seed in my heart to start something similar to the examples presented in this course. I really hope and pray that I will have the opportunity to find and build connections whom I can partner with here in the Philippines (well, maybe not now, but in the future).

By Jayne J P

Feb 18, 2021

My main suggestions are:

--to add a glossary section to collect all of the many terms introduced in the course. Ideally the glossary would link to the course page where the term is introduced.

--to add a sources page to each week's lesson.

--to clarify the scope of the capstone, and perhaps spread its development over several weeks.

By Jémilie J

Jun 18, 2020

Thank you so much for this MOOC ! I enjoyed it a lot during the lockdown and it helped me figuring out what I wanted to do for a living after my studies. Besides, courses dealing with Sustainable Fashion are very rare unfortunately ...

I learned many new concepts thanks to the course that I will certainly use now !