Back to Principles of Sustainable Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Principles of Sustainable Finance by Erasmus University Rotterdam

Finance is widely seen as an obstacle to a better world. Principles of Sustainable Finance explains how the financial sector can be mobilized to counter this. Using finance as a means to achieve social goals we can divert the planet and its economy from its current path to a world that is sustainable for all. Throughout this course, you will learn about the UN Sustainable Development Goals, how social and environmental factors should not be regarded as externalities, you will learn more about sustainable banking and asset management, about effective engagement, sustainable scenario analysis and long-term value creation. At the end of this course you will understand how sustainable finance can be used as a tool to steer the sustainability transition....

CF

Aug 30, 2020

Really good course, I enjoyed it a lot. This course helps to understand how finance can help the society and to have awareness about the problems and opportunities caused by climate change.

LT

Sep 10, 2020

Relevant, topical and urgent subjects with clear explanations and concrete guidelines.\n\nEasy and at your own pace to go through with critical (mini) tests to complete modules.

1 - 25 of 58 Reviews for Principles of Sustainable Finance

By KHUSHI J

Sep 20, 2020

I was always passionate about climate change and sustainability and this course made me feel empowered as a finance professional how I can create an impact on the long-term value creation in the economy. I got to know some really cool case studies. This course broadened my knowledge and view point about the climate crisis and sustainable finance. I really enjoyed this course to this extent that I have finished it in less than 2 weeks. I had read the term 'sustainable finance' somewhere and through this course I got to know it. All the instructors were also good.

By Mary J B

Aug 08, 2020

As someone who does not have a deep understanding about Corporate Finance but with technical knowledge and skills primarily on environmental sustainability, this course helped me understand easily how finance could be an enabler for achieving sustainability in all aspects - environment, social and governance. The concepts were easy to understand and examples provided are very practical. Good course for sustainability starters!

By Spencer D

Oct 21, 2020

This is an excellent course that shares the foundational principles at the intersection of sustainability and finance. With short videos focused on specific elements with relevant examples, the course naturally guides you through this new financial framework. I would strongly recommend this course to anyone interested in solving the problems of climate change through business decisions.

By Jos v d L

Jul 06, 2020

Most happy to learn more about the topics shown. It creates a more open view for a manager how to adapt your organization and how all will give support to the goals to achieve globally.

Also the risk a company can have if it will not adapt within time. Beside it will take time to adapt as the way of thinking within the company is not standard yet.

By Zorayda L G d M

Aug 23, 2020

Excelente experiencia de aprendizaje, estamos a 10 años para que empecemos a ver los resultados. Si es posible y esta muy en linea con lo que todos esperamos; empresas responsables y comprometidas que asumen riesgos, pero que gracias a ello se vuelven mas creativas y longevas.

By Lucas E

Aug 02, 2020

A course that inspire the financial sector to adopt Integrated Thinking into business decisions and capital allocation. It helped me to change my mindset on many aspects. After the course I am fully committed to incorporate ESG thinking in my private and professional life.

By Rajul

Aug 07, 2020

A very well structured and informative SF course. It gave me a thorough understanding of principles that you rarely touch upon working in Financial Services industry. Thanks to all who have created and designed such a good curriculum and course.

By Edric L

Jul 02, 2020

Very well-made and comprehensive course that combines academic expertise and industry perspectives! :) Will definitely recommend to anyone seeking to learn about how the financial industry can play a huge role in sustainability.

By Brooke H

Oct 02, 2020

One of the most interesting and engaging short courses I have done recently. Practical and informative but most of all a tool to equip oneself to be a more sustainable citizen, investor and consumer. Highly recommended.

By Gazal S

Sep 10, 2020

Every MOOC has the most relevant information, concise and have given very clear knowledge about all the principles of Sustainability . It was very Informative Course and there is an urgent need of Integrative thinking.

By VALDY M

Aug 02, 2020

This course gave me the high level view on how concept on Finance and Sustainability are linked, and at the same time gave me the opportunity to deep dive on some aspects that I believe will relate to my career

By Nicolás G

Aug 06, 2020

Excellent course and instructors, very straightforward and designed in such a way that you dont realize you are doing a course, it seems you are watching a documental. Thanks to the Erasmus University team !

By Aditya B

Jul 21, 2020

This is an excellent course, I will keep revisiting the course material to revise the topics. Very indepth knowledge given and aids well to make a transition into a sustainable finance professional role.

By Ernest N

Oct 23, 2020

I am glad i have taken time to study this subject. I am now interested to learn more one the subject with desire to share and help spread the message.

Thanks for your effort to share your knowledge.

By Christian D G F

Aug 30, 2020

By Lex T

By Hong W

Sep 09, 2020

It's a very good course to help me getting an overview of the sustainable financial principle. I have already started thinking how to apply the learnings to my current job.

By Nicki S

Oct 15, 2020

A very informative course, with useful resources and extra reading suggestions, as well as a variety of case studies to understand the concepts in relation to real life.

By Nehrunaman P

Jul 26, 2020

I enjoyed the course, it taught me a lot and I have the tools to implement sustainable finance in my organisation. I will access the book to learn more. Thanks

By Fernando A M M

Oct 10, 2020

The best, most inspirational, well taught and well structured course I've taken on Coursera. I really enjoyed my journey through this course. 100% recommended.

By King C T D

Jul 18, 2020

This course has exposed me to the principles for sustainable finance. I am glad that I will utilise the knowledge in my research, policy and advocacy work.

By BIRENDRA B M

Aug 05, 2020

This course is a good overview of SDGs, ESG, and Integrated value instead of just financial value for companies/ investees/ finance responsibles.

By rodrigo p

Aug 14, 2020

Great initial approach to sustainable finance. Specially interesting on the role of the financial sector of the economy as a motor for change

By Michelle K

Jul 16, 2020

Very insightful course! The course offers practical examples and useful insights from the different views of investors and companies.

By Sandhya N

Jul 14, 2020

Thank you for including this course, I thoroughly enjoyed learning from from all professors and contributors especially Prof. Dirk.