Back to Principles of Sustainable Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Principles of Sustainable Finance by Erasmus University Rotterdam

Finance is widely seen as an obstacle to a better world. Principles of Sustainable Finance explains how the financial sector can be mobilized to counter this. Using finance as a means to achieve social goals we can divert the planet and its economy from its current path to a world that is sustainable for all. Throughout this course, you will learn about the UN Sustainable Development Goals, how social and environmental factors should not be regarded as externalities, you will learn more about sustainable banking and asset management, about effective engagement, sustainable scenario analysis and long-term value creation. At the end of this course you will understand how sustainable finance can be used as a tool to steer the sustainability transition....

DM
Dec 19, 2020

Very insightful and practical in application. Allows a student to apply the tools to assess sustainability of a company and deliver the mechanisms to optimize finance for the right outcomes.

CF
Aug 29, 2020

Really good course, I enjoyed it a lot. This course helps to understand how finance can help the society and to have awareness about the problems and opportunities caused by climate change.

1 - 25 of 123 Reviews for Principles of Sustainable Finance

By Brooke H

Oct 2, 2020

One of the most interesting and engaging short courses I have done recently. Practical and informative but most of all a tool to equip oneself to be a more sustainable citizen, investor and consumer. Highly recommended.

By Serena B C G

Aug 23, 2020

A very interesting MOOC with a lot of insights about ESG and the financial market!! I really liked it!!

By KHUSHI J

Sep 20, 2020

I was always passionate about climate change and sustainability and this course made me feel empowered as a finance professional how I can create an impact on the long-term value creation in the economy. I got to know some really cool case studies. This course broadened my knowledge and view point about the climate crisis and sustainable finance. I really enjoyed this course to this extent that I have finished it in less than 2 weeks. I had read the term 'sustainable finance' somewhere and through this course I got to know it. All the instructors were also good.

By Angela P

Jan 14, 2021

Fantastic. A comprehensive course that not only provides multiple theoretical concepts but also provides great practical examples via case studies and practioners. I really appreciated the outlining of limitations in ESG financial performance trends and reporting more generally as well as differences between debt & equity. I would have liked to see a view of alternatives & private markets particularly as an increase in regulation and/or demand for reporting likely to incentivise companies to remain private for longer...

By Mary J B

Aug 7, 2020

As someone who does not have a deep understanding about Corporate Finance but with technical knowledge and skills primarily on environmental sustainability, this course helped me understand easily how finance could be an enabler for achieving sustainability in all aspects - environment, social and governance. The concepts were easy to understand and examples provided are very practical. Good course for sustainability starters!

By Spencer D

Oct 21, 2020

This is an excellent course that shares the foundational principles at the intersection of sustainability and finance. With short videos focused on specific elements with relevant examples, the course naturally guides you through this new financial framework. I would strongly recommend this course to anyone interested in solving the problems of climate change through business decisions.

By J v d L

Jul 6, 2020

Most happy to learn more about the topics shown. It creates a more open view for a manager how to adapt your organization and how all will give support to the goals to achieve globally.

Also the risk a company can have if it will not adapt within time. Beside it will take time to adapt as the way of thinking within the company is not standard yet.

By Anthony B

Dec 10, 2020

Great introduction to sustainable finance, I even have the feeling that it was too short. I like in particular the additional reading material advice and case study which give you even more insight. This MOOC is a very good starting point to further enhance the knowledge in sustainable finance, very useful for me, thank you !

By Syafiq A B M F

Nov 2, 2020

I learnt a lot from RSM and the wonderful professors lecturers. The industry insight is helpful. In fact, I have just secured a job in a sustainability related position last week after I started this course. Hopefully, I can now apply all the knowledge I learnt from RSM into my work and environment! Thank you!

By Norico G

Jan 3, 2021

It is an excellent course for learning a sustainable finance which we can understand the relationship of finance with environment, social, and governance (ESG) issues. This how we can also implement a responsible investment for our future and make a better life for our living on the earth.

By Hannimari S

Dec 31, 2020

This course was very insightful, and not just surface level information. I received a good amount of information of the matter, and i have better knowledge of the different areas within, and in which i can now start to look deeper into. I enjoyed this course and i definitely learned a lot.

By Zorayda L G d M

Aug 23, 2020

Excelente experiencia de aprendizaje, estamos a 10 años para que empecemos a ver los resultados. Si es posible y esta muy en linea con lo que todos esperamos; empresas responsables y comprometidas que asumen riesgos, pero que gracias a ello se vuelven mas creativas y longevas.

By Lucas E

Aug 2, 2020

A course that inspire the financial sector to adopt Integrated Thinking into business decisions and capital allocation. It helped me to change my mindset on many aspects. After the course I am fully committed to incorporate ESG thinking in my private and professional life.

By B V R

Feb 3, 2021

This course is a valuable contribution to the promotion of sustainable development. The teaching faculty is highly experienced and have mastered the method of transmitting the knowledge of technical subjects in a simple manner that can be understood by the General Public.

By Isabel

Oct 26, 2020

I really liked it. I would add all the texts in a downloadable formal so that we can keep the transcripts of the videos and also a more practical exercise as the one suggested in the final video where we can do a proper company evaluation. At least, an example of it.

By Catalina H

Dec 4, 2020

I loved to find the tools to speak the financial language to companies when it comes to sustainability. It's a very specific, interesting course because historically, Finance and Climate Change issues have not been tied together. I'm very glad I took this course.

By Nupur J

Feb 20, 2021

Excellent course. I loved the videos which made the course very interesting. The concepts are very well explained and it was also nice to see the some of the beautiful places around Erasmus University, Euronext etc! Will recommend the course to others.

By Rajul

Aug 7, 2020

A very well structured and informative SF course. It gave me a thorough understanding of principles that you rarely touch upon working in Financial Services industry. Thanks to all who have created and designed such a good curriculum and course.

By Silvio G

Jan 16, 2021

Many thanks to the team of the Rotterdam School of Management. It levels up my knowledge of corporate finance and capital market theory in that way to combine my curiosity about the UN SDGs and the holistic thinking of integrated values.

By Nicholas B

Dec 29, 2020

Really eye-opening course which is sure to have a very positive impact. I really enjoyed this course and hope to continue learning and have my own positive impact. Thank you for all the hard work which went into making this course.

By Edric L

Jul 2, 2020

Very well-made and comprehensive course that combines academic expertise and industry perspectives! :) Will definitely recommend to anyone seeking to learn about how the financial industry can play a huge role in sustainability.

By Gazal S

Sep 10, 2020

Every MOOC has the most relevant information, concise and have given very clear knowledge about all the principles of Sustainability . It was very Informative Course and there is an urgent need of Integrative thinking.

By VALDY M

Aug 2, 2020

This course gave me the high level view on how concept on Finance and Sustainability are linked, and at the same time gave me the opportunity to deep dive on some aspects that I believe will relate to my career

By Nicolás G

Aug 6, 2020

Excellent course and instructors, very straightforward and designed in such a way that you dont realize you are doing a course, it seems you are watching a documental. Thanks to the Erasmus University team !

By Srinivasan K

Jan 12, 2021

Great course on sustainable finance. Highly informative on the basics of future finance. Must learn for asset managers, investment banking professionals. Thank you coursera for providing such a good course.