Back to Principles of Sustainable Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Principles of Sustainable Finance by Erasmus University Rotterdam

Finance is widely seen as an obstacle to a better world. Principles of Sustainable Finance explains how the financial sector can be mobilized to counter this. Using finance as a means to achieve social goals we can divert the planet and its economy from its current path to a world that is sustainable for all. Throughout this course, you will learn about the UN Sustainable Development Goals, how social and environmental factors should not be regarded as externalities, you will learn more about sustainable banking and asset management, about effective engagement, sustainable scenario analysis and long-term value creation. At the end of this course you will understand how sustainable finance can be used as a tool to steer the sustainability transition....

DM
Dec 19, 2020

Very insightful and practical in application. Allows a student to apply the tools to assess sustainability of a company and deliver the mechanisms to optimize finance for the right outcomes.

CF
Aug 29, 2020

Really good course, I enjoyed it a lot. This course helps to understand how finance can help the society and to have awareness about the problems and opportunities caused by climate change.

1 - 25 of 161 Reviews for Principles of Sustainable Finance

By Lex T

Sep 10, 2020

Relevant, topical and urgent subjects with clear explanations and concrete guidelines.

Easy and at your own pace to go through with critical (mini) tests to complete modules.

By Hong W

Sep 9, 2020

It's a very good course to help me getting an overview of the sustainable financial principle. I have already started thinking how to apply the learnings to my current job.

By Spencer D

Oct 21, 2020

This is an excellent course that shares the foundational principles at the intersection of sustainability and finance. With short videos focused on specific elements with relevant examples, the course naturally guides you through this new financial framework. I would strongly recommend this course to anyone interested in solving the problems of climate change through business decisions.

By Brooke H

Oct 2, 2020

One of the most interesting and engaging short courses I have done recently. Practical and informative but most of all a tool to equip oneself to be a more sustainable citizen, investor and consumer. Highly recommended.

By Dean M

Dec 20, 2020

By Serena B C G

Aug 23, 2020

A very interesting MOOC with a lot of insights about ESG and the financial market!! I really liked it!!

By Chris G

Sep 20, 2020

Excellent course. I learned a lot about sustainability. Good introduction to the field. May i recommend that you provide additional resources

list of abbreviations used in the course

list of vocabulary used

Links to the textbook

Feedback on quizzes needs to be improved. Correct incorrect is limited

Welcome to keep in touch. I am interested in sustainability in accounting reporting

Christopher Gilbert

MAS CPA CGMA

Accounting instructor

gilberc@laccd.edu

By Juan B T

Oct 22, 2020

I was hoping this course could help me become a better ESG analyst by showcasing current analysis techniques rather than just give me theoretical knowledge. Still, it was very interesting.

By KHUSHI J

Sep 20, 2020

I was always passionate about climate change and sustainability and this course made me feel empowered as a finance professional how I can create an impact on the long-term value creation in the economy. I got to know some really cool case studies. This course broadened my knowledge and view point about the climate crisis and sustainable finance. I really enjoyed this course to this extent that I have finished it in less than 2 weeks. I had read the term 'sustainable finance' somewhere and through this course I got to know it. All the instructors were also good.

By Angela P

Jan 14, 2021

Fantastic. A comprehensive course that not only provides multiple theoretical concepts but also provides great practical examples via case studies and practioners. I really appreciated the outlining of limitations in ESG financial performance trends and reporting more generally as well as differences between debt & equity. I would have liked to see a view of alternatives & private markets particularly as an increase in regulation and/or demand for reporting likely to incentivise companies to remain private for longer...

By Burcu M T

Apr 5, 2021

I really like the course and practical examples given in the MOOC. The model proposed for integrated reporting was very interesting and useful. I only find the MOOC a little bit too Netherlands-focused, probably due to the fact that Netherlands is one of the leading countries in sustainable finance discourse and also due to the existing links of the Rotterdam University. In any case, as an improvement, i would suggest to give some more global examples, practices and regulations worldwide.

By Mohit P

Jun 13, 2021

An extremely well constructed course on introduction to Sustainable Finance. The course content is very rich and informative delivered by diverse set of faculty members. I really enjoyed this course and benefitted immensely from it. Even though I don't have a finance background, I was able to understand all the concepts with ease.

This is a must do program for anyone who is keen to understand the role of finance in transitioning to a sustainable future.

By Shreya H

Mar 18, 2021

The course gives an in-depth understanding about the current state of this world & planet. It makes one re-think one's position on the role of businesses, consumers and investors. Not only that, but it also makes one want to improve individual vision and mission for a better life. It is an extremely essential subject of study for Finance Majors like me. Very grateful to all those involved in making this course available to us. Worth the study & effort!

By Mary J B

Aug 7, 2020

As someone who does not have a deep understanding about Corporate Finance but with technical knowledge and skills primarily on environmental sustainability, this course helped me understand easily how finance could be an enabler for achieving sustainability in all aspects - environment, social and governance. The concepts were easy to understand and examples provided are very practical. Good course for sustainability starters!

By Lisa A

Apr 30, 2021

A tremendously well-thought-out course with 8 interesting modules to highlight key concepts. The instructors were lively and clearly passionate about the knowledge that they are sharing. The course was easy to follow and the extra readings were helpful. The only suggestion I have is to put the end of the module summary before each quiz vs after it.

By Vanessa M

May 20, 2021

The course gave me valuable insights into the principles of sustainable finance thanks to the expert knowledge of the lecturers. It is a very good structured MOOC for all who have a deep interest in sustainability as well as students who want to gain a deeper understanding of the different challenges in transforming the traditional finance system.

By J v d L

Jul 6, 2020

Most happy to learn more about the topics shown. It creates a more open view for a manager how to adapt your organization and how all will give support to the goals to achieve globally.

Also the risk a company can have if it will not adapt within time. Beside it will take time to adapt as the way of thinking within the company is not standard yet.

By Anthony B

Dec 10, 2020

Great introduction to sustainable finance, I even have the feeling that it was too short. I like in particular the additional reading material advice and case study which give you even more insight. This MOOC is a very good starting point to further enhance the knowledge in sustainable finance, very useful for me, thank you !

By Syafiq A B M F

Nov 2, 2020

I learnt a lot from RSM and the wonderful professors lecturers. The industry insight is helpful. In fact, I have just secured a job in a sustainability related position last week after I started this course. Hopefully, I can now apply all the knowledge I learnt from RSM into my work and environment! Thank you!

By Norico G

Jan 3, 2021

It is an excellent course for learning a sustainable finance which we can understand the relationship of finance with environment, social, and governance (ESG) issues. This how we can also implement a responsible investment for our future and make a better life for our living on the earth.

By Hannimari S

Dec 31, 2020

This course was very insightful, and not just surface level information. I received a good amount of information of the matter, and i have better knowledge of the different areas within, and in which i can now start to look deeper into. I enjoyed this course and i definitely learned a lot.

By Zorayda L G d M

Aug 23, 2020

Excelente experiencia de aprendizaje, estamos a 10 años para que empecemos a ver los resultados. Si es posible y esta muy en linea con lo que todos esperamos; empresas responsables y comprometidas que asumen riesgos, pero que gracias a ello se vuelven mas creativas y longevas.

By Lucas E

Aug 2, 2020

A course that inspire the financial sector to adopt Integrated Thinking into business decisions and capital allocation. It helped me to change my mindset on many aspects. After the course I am fully committed to incorporate ESG thinking in my private and professional life.

By B V R

Feb 3, 2021

This course is a valuable contribution to the promotion of sustainable development. The teaching faculty is highly experienced and have mastered the method of transmitting the knowledge of technical subjects in a simple manner that can be understood by the General Public.

By Isabel

Oct 26, 2020

I really liked it. I would add all the texts in a downloadable formal so that we can keep the transcripts of the videos and also a more practical exercise as the one suggested in the final video where we can do a proper company evaluation. At least, an example of it.