Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

AK
Dec 13, 2018

Good course which gives as much details about administration and infrastructure services . A Big thank you for Google , Coursera and The instructor for giving a valuable knowledge to me. Thank you

2976 - 3000 of 3,164 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Arpan T

Jan 18, 2021

good

By Neha D

Jan 6, 2021

Dec 7, 2020

done

By Aref V a

Nov 26, 2020

good

By Hanumant N

Nov 26, 2020

good

By PREM K N

Nov 14, 2020

good

By Cesar C R

Oct 30, 2020

good

By Dennis N Z

Oct 29, 2020

Good

By Jaya V V

Oct 20, 2020

Good

By MUHAMMAD A M

Oct 3, 2020

Fine

By Ajay Y

Jul 30, 2020

good

By ATechSpot

Jul 26, 2020

By Anish A

Jul 9, 2020

By Keval D S

Jun 27, 2020

GOOD

By HASAN, M T

Jun 21, 2020

good

By HYDER H

Jun 7, 2020

Okay

By Purushottam G M

May 14, 2020

good

By Mohamed A B

Mar 24, 2019

GOOD

By Snyder P

Jul 19, 2021

ok

By sri s

Jan 22, 2021

Fh

By Tyler W

Jan 30, 2021

This course had great videos and the speaker was clear and explained things very well. This by itself made the material digestible. The tests weren't too hard, and I really enjoyed week 6 of this course.

The major issue was the structure of the labs, especially in week 4 and 5. There are never enough labs, or are never put in the right place in the course. Or they don't cover enough. Or they baby you too much and don't challenge you. Or they challenge you too much like with the lab in course 3 week 6. Or like in week 5, you get a huge lab that is 2 hours long in its time to complete it instead of being broken up into smaller labs like it should have been.

Specifically for course 4 week 4, the lab was about active directories before the lesson really delved much into them. Then it was the only lab for the longest lesson of the first 4 courses, and there weren't any labs to delve into the more meat and potatoes of Active Directories. The lessons are really long, and hard not to glaze over watching them. Labs through out it would help to reinforce the knowledge instead of glazing over it. Or just questionnaires that interrupt the video like in course 1 would be nice to re obtain my attention.

Last thing, the transcripts of the lesson audio needs to be broken up better into sections. Sometimes the text is broken up, other times it isn't at all. It would be easier to scan through the text for something I want to take further notes on if the long paragraphs were more consistently broken up and given time codes on the side, instead of how only half of the lessons do this currently.

By Yap C P

Jul 10, 2021

This course is not so bad, but it has some flaw that might be frustrating.

The first problem is probably with practical. There are a lot of theory based (study based) with pretty much no practical at all. This made the class a bit hard to absorb in, and that it doesn't really give us a chance on handling the software needed when dealing with the course. I understand that it might be a bit hard to spin up something that can do what the course is teaching, but currently, there are 0 compulsory practical component, which might be an issue if we need to apply what we learn to the outside world. So far the course is a bit like the traditional classroom settings: Study study study take exam and be done.

Another issue I have with the course is how some of the quiz content wasn't fully covered. I can accept that we need to do external study to take the quiz, but not how this is set up. The problem is, in some of those graded quiz, the questions has those "Check all that applied" style question, with some options that are coming from the class, but also included option that we are meant to learn from reading elsewhere. This mean that we are directly misled into only selecting what we learn in class, without realising that some of those choices are also needed to be selected because we are meant to learn it elsewhere. This way of setting the question is quite misleading as we sometime can't really tell whether we should choose the answer according to the class, or according to Wikipedia or any external source.

By Nicholas T

Jan 23, 2021

This course covered a lot of ground. I learned a lot. But many topics were brushed over too quickly. I wish there had been more practical discussions of specific implementations. After taking this course and the last assessment, I can tell there are big holes in my knowledge of administration and infrastructure. I took thorough notes and know that retaking the course would not fill those knowledge gaps. I would need an another to view the subject from another perspective. The labs were somewhat helpful. But there were surprises in existing configurations I found on the virtual machines, which left me confused and clamoring for what to do to get to the next step. On the whole, this course felt rushed and I am left with a lot of questions. I am hoping that the next course will help me put more of this together.

By Brett R

Jan 19, 2021

This was the most challenging course yet by far. I enjoyed the material & it was great to get hands on experience with software like Active Directory. However, I do have a few criticisms. In my opinion, there was an excessive amount of work in the labs, more than was necessary. I wish the reading material would have been more selective & concise. Lastly, I wish they would have proofed the transcripts before posting them, there were a lot of transcript errors in this course. If they fixed these things I would easily have given the course 4 or 5 stars. Overall, it was a good course though.