Back to Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Johns Hopkins University

We will introduce methods to perform systematic reviews and meta-analysis of clinical trials. We will cover how to formulate an answerable research question, define inclusion and exclusion criteria, search for the evidence, extract data, assess the risk of bias in clinical trials, and perform a meta-analysis. Upon successfully completing this course, participants will be able to: - Describe the steps in conducting a systematic review - Develop an answerable question using the “Participants Interventions Comparisons Outcomes” (PICO) framework - Describe the process used to collect and extract data from reports of clinical trials - Describe methods to critically assess the risk of bias of clinical trials - Describe and interpret the results of meta-analyses...

MJ
Jan 7, 2019

Although introductory, I do carry out reviews as a researcher. I Learned a lot to improve my systematic reviews through this course. High quality, though the music could be a little less intense.

PS
Aug 22, 2019

Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis course is a very good source for beginners which provides an overview on fundamental terminology and steps involved in the systematic review.

101 - 125 of 682 Reviews for Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

By Kristine G

Nov 15, 2016

Excellent course! Lectures are comprehensive and concise, and the lecturers explained the topics well. Quizzes and peer review exams test our understanding of the modules well, and I appreciate the book recommendations.

By Ezeme, C

May 6, 2020

it's the right course for anyone who wants to learn or improve on the knowledge and skills necessary for a good systematic review. The course could elevate one from being a novice to having sufficient requisite skills.

By Osvaldo M J

Apr 2, 2019

It is worthy to invest the time to complete this course. Although it is focused on introductory level, providing the basics to begin a systematic review, it also directs the students to deeper contents when necessary.

By Amirah E W

Jul 25, 2017

As a Bloomberg School of Public Health student taking a certification in Epidemiology and currently conducting a systematic review for my field placement, this course helps me a lot in understanding systematic review.

By Rafiuddin A

Jun 6, 2017

Excellent course, very comprehensive and useful for synthesizing empirical studies. Researchers from other disciplines will find it quite useful if strong and credible evidence are required for adoptions of practices.

By Nazia H

Sep 19, 2020

Coursera has served a great platform to upgrade my learning skills. Starting with the Introduction to Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis has been refreshing. Their financial support could lead a long way as well.

By Nicholas Y

Apr 12, 2020

This course was a great guide towards understanding the main ideas and principles of systematic review, as well as meta-analysis (as well when it should be applied). Explanations and examples on bias were superb.

By Chin J L

Dec 11, 2017

This course opened my eyes to systematic reviews and helped me to understand how to critically read and perform one myself. The lectures are enjoyable and explanations are very easy to follw.

I enjoyed very much.

By Fenny

Aug 1, 2019

This course is really helpful. The material and the recommended supporting material also give the benefit for those who need to conduct the systematic review and meta-analysis. Thank you for all the facilitator!

By Pooja S

Sep 29, 2020

The course was really awesome and the lectures are explained very well with examples.

By taking this course I got a brief description of systematic review and that will going to help me with my research work.

By Sarasuati D

Apr 11, 2019

This course its very complete, it helps you understand in a more specific way systematic reviews and meta-analisis. after the course you´ll be able to do a better judgement when reading a systematic review .

By Adrienne S

Jan 17, 2019

I thought it was a helpful course. I finally have a full understanding of what systematic reviews are and how to read a forest plot. I also have gained the knowledge needed to start my own systematic review.

By Do H L

May 22, 2016

One of the best courses coming from Johns Hopkins University. Assignments are meaningful and teachings are very engaging. This gave the topic of systematic review and meta-analysis a rigorous treatment.

By Sumeet K

Apr 8, 2020

I am very impressed by this course. NIce starting point, if you are trying to understand systematic review and meta-analysis and do study yourself. Very helpful to anyone who is serious about research.

By Fredrik M R

Mar 22, 2017

Very informative, engaging and helpful! I found it refreshing to listen to the experiences and knowledge from the three instructors, and to put my own knowledge to the test in the weekly quiz sections.

By Duong N C K

Jul 23, 2018

This is the essential step to conduct a research. The course presents the foundamental principles in conducting systematic review and meta-analysis. Join and enjoy the boundless knowledge. <3

By Jesus T P

Aug 5, 2020

thank you very much for the opportunity to learn this subject. at least now, i will not be "left out" when my colleagues are discussing these things during critical appraisals of journals.

By Carlos M

Mar 22, 2021

Excellent course , I had zero experience on the field and I know is a long path but you have to start somewhere , I know I need to keep learning but this course helped me as a good start

By ANDREA G

Oct 3, 2019

I am very happy with the content of the course, and also I hope you can open a new course of intermediate level. Congratulations to this amazing woman that create this course! Thank you!

By Akaninyene A S

Jan 26, 2020

Although it is very early to say. But I can confidently say: this is one of the best thing that has happen to me this year. I am now ready to begin systematic review and meta-analysis.

By Vincy F

Aug 8, 2020

Very informative and a great introduction for graduate students. I hope the skills and knowledge I have learned in the course can help me succeed in writing my own systematic review.

By ezgi t

Apr 19, 2020

detailed enough to do your own systematic review. I was just trying to get an overview of the concept yet the course was so interesting I found myself watching every video. Thanks!

By Bella Y

May 20, 2016

Very nice course! I wish I had like this when doing my master's degree.

Special thanks for teachers speaking in a very understandable way (very good for non-native english-speakers)

By Emily B

May 16, 2021

Excellent course. I did this before starting on my systematic review for my PhD. It has set me up well. The section on searching the literature was particularly good. Many thanks.

By Ajna H

Apr 6, 2018

This is an excellent course. You can really tell that the instructors put effort in presenting the concepts logically, so that the course flows really well. I highly recommend it!