Back to Teaching the Violin and Viola: Creating a Healthy Foundation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teaching the Violin and Viola: Creating a Healthy Foundation by Northwestern University

Join us as we explore the fundamental principles and early stages of teaching violin and viola through a series of engaging video lectures and lesson demonstrations, including: 1) Master classes with some of the world’s top string pedagogues, 2) Individual lesson demos of teaching violin/viola set up, left and right hand technique and pieces from the early violin/viola repertoire, 3) Group lesson demos of teaching music theory, ear training and fun activities that encourage good playing habits, and 4) A “field trip” to the violin shop, where we will outfit a new beginning student with a proper instrument and bow. You’ll also engage in a series of discussions and reflections with colleagues and peers across the globe. Upon completion of this course, we hope you’ll return to your studio with confidence, a new curriculum, and a renewed approach to sharing with your students the joyful experience of making beautiful music....

RM
Mar 28, 2018

I learned some and revisited many concepts pertaining to teaching violin and viola, and also learn many new songs similar to the Suzuki book 1 songs. The videos are well made, and to the point.

MH
Mar 14, 2017

An amazing course that was just what I was looking for as a violinist who is interested in learning to teach. My kids are working through the curriculum now and we are all having a great time!

26 - 50 of 57 Reviews for Teaching the Violin and Viola: Creating a Healthy Foundation

By José R V

Jan 26, 2016

Gostei muito deste curso, pois para pais que tem filhos que estudam o violino ajuda no aprendizado.

By Nadia R

Aug 14, 2016

It is a really good course. I learned a lot. It is an essencial tool for teachers. Thank you

By Iveta H

Mar 19, 2021

Thank you very much for this course! It was amazing to see how violin teaching can be fun!

By Janeth R

Nov 4, 2015

I am really satisfied with the class. I love your teaching techniques. Thank you really.

By David L

Mar 17, 2016

top knotch! great learning tools and instruction was easy to follow! Thank you!

By Pu J

Very helpful approaches to teach children and older students, thank you!

By Isabelle I

Jul 23, 2017

Excellent course, very well developed and systematic with curriculum.

By ravinder s

Mar 26, 2021

Fun Learning With Stacia Spencer......... Such a great Teacher....

By Daniel M B

Apr 5, 2016

Great Course, a lot of tools and information, very well presented

By 张旭雷

Nov 7, 2015

It's very helpful. I'm so luckily to meet this course.

By Elizabeth W

Nov 9, 2015

An excellent resource for violin teachers!!!

By Shunyo M

Aug 24, 2019

Can not wait to continue........thanks...

By Elizabeth J

May 17, 2019

Very in depth! Highly reccomended

By Raul C

Sep 19, 2015

Excellent and very complete class

By Gandhy F H T

Nov 14, 2015

Excelente herramienta educativa

By Etelka N

Dec 8, 2016

Incredibly helpful. Thank you.

By Cathy G

Jan 1, 2016

So thorough and informative!

By Erin P

Jan 13, 2018

Wonderful course! Take it!

By Natouchka M F