Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 2

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 2 by Arizona State University

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by doing practice teaching. You will build on your assignments from the previous courses to refine your lesson plans and video-tape yourself presenting the lesson. You will submit a total of ten videos. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....

GW
Apr 27, 2020

Without a doubt the best TESOL course online. The content has been put together by the best in their field and I would recommend this course to anyone wishing to enter or re-train the TESOL community.

PM
Mar 1, 2021

I gained a memorable experience with this course and will always treasure it. Thank you so much to all those who took part in this course creation. I hope you'll inspire other people to teach as well.

26 - 50 of 205 Reviews for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 2

By Orrathip G

Nov 20, 2018

This course encourages me to exhibit the teaching skills through the assigned projects such as micro teaching projects and teaching tool boxes. This course also empowers me to synthesize what is my teaching philosophy including teaching styles and teaching techniques as well as learn to promote my achievements by means of creating the personal site provided the details and teaching work of mine for the experts to review and for peer-review. Additionally, I obtain the good relationship and assistance from friends in class even we have never seen each others before, besides the worthless knowledge I got form this course. I'd like to say Thank you many times to the lectures. I do so enjoy and happy with this course.

By Adalto F d G

Apr 6, 2017

This is one of the best course I have done. The high level of teaching, the quality of the material and the structure made this course so good and of higher level than many others done at schools. The ability of the teachers to make every class so especial, made this course more relevant than it seems to be. The techniques taught can be used everywhere.

I highly recommend the course for those who wants to become a teacher, not just an english teacher, but a teacher in any course. Better teacher produces better professionals, and this is how a student can get more from one course.

By Sara R

Aug 20, 2020

if it wasn't for this course, my teaching abilities would have remained in the dark ages. I feel all teachers, English language teachers, should take this certification. The technology aspect of this course brings teachers up to date and aligns teaching with the current demands and needs. This course provided me with a fountain of teaching ideas and added to my professionalism and effectiveness, teaching ability and credibility. Thank you to all the professors, amazing teaching abilities!

By Valentina L

Oct 19, 2020

It has been 2 years since I passed my last assignment, but I still remember a lot from the lessons I learned here. It was a very inspirational journey that I would like to take again. That is why I keep reviewing the assignments of other learners as a volunteer.

A lot of my lesson plans today are based on the philosophy of teaching and the lessons I learned here a few years ago. Cudos to the ASU team!!! They created a unique learning environment here!

By Beyers S

Mar 20, 2018

I stand in awe about the innovative way in which this Capstone 2 course (and all the others) have been presented, the quality of materials, the ease of flow in using the learning platform!

Simply wonderful 21st-century style learning that will be very hard to match by anyone in the TESOL arena. Thanks to all my instructors, Dr Shane Dixon, Jessica Cinco, Dr Justin Sewell and colleagues who contributed.

Fare thee well, "Language is Cake" compatriots!

By Fatai J

Mar 20, 2019

This course and all other courses in the ASU Teach English Now specializations are fantastic courses! The instructors are professionals in the field of ELT and the instructional materials are absolutely relevant, making it very easy to understand. The knowledge from the courses have added great value to my career in ELT! It's highly recommended for everyone who wants to start or advance their career in English Language Teaching!

By Eugenia V

Jan 8, 2017

The Capstone Project 2 was intense and challenging. It's not only the work load that makes it challenging. It is rather the process of reviewing your own work and deciding if it is good enough to be submitted for the final review by somebody from the ASU. It was funny and eye-opening to get back to the videos made six years ago for the previous courses and realize how much I learned since then.

By Delphine S

Feb 17, 2020

This entire specialization experience was the best one I have ever had in my lifetime of learning experiences! I love the creativity and different tilt to teaching that Dr. Dixon, Jessica and their support team employed in Teach English Now. Lessons were fun, engaging, interesting and used the best of pedogogy to help make concepts "sticky". :) Superior work!

By CARLOS M P A

Jul 11, 2017

I am very grateful with Dr Shane Dixon, Dr Justin Shewell and Dr. Jessica Cinco together with Coursera that make possible for me to obtain such a great knowledge about the latest tools techniques strategies and facts about education to be effective in the classroom as the name of the course imply "Teach English Now".

Congratulations and Thank you very much indeed.

By Dr. B D Д Б

Apr 27, 2017

EXCELLENT!!!

MANY MANY HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS AND WARM REGARDS TO Dr. Shane Dixon, Dr. Justin Shewell, Jessica Cinco, AND OTHERS! Dr. Shane Dixon MADE THIS WHOLE TESOL (CAPSTONE-1 & 2) COURSE SIMPLY VERY VERY INTERESTING & WORTHY! HE'S SIMPLY INCREDIBLE! MY SPECIAL GOOD WISHES & REGARDS TO THIS VERY SPECIAL PERSON! THANK YOU, ALL!!!

By Irina

Jul 12, 2017

Thank you very much for this wonderful course! There are not enough words to express my feelings how far this course is good. I really enjoyed it. I've gained a lot from this course. The team of teachers is great and really professional. I hope to use all those hints that the teachers told me about. I love you! Thank you so much! <3

By Abigail C

Dec 18, 2019

Great course! Looking forward to the certification. I definitely feel like I earned more than a sheet of paper. I developed teaching skills I didn't have and grew ones that I had already started to grow. Both my students and I will be served by the learning I got through this course and will continue afterward.

By Iryna K

Jan 29, 2019

Dear educators! I am really grateful for your genious lectures, for perfectly planned course, for challenging tasks. I did it. I coped with the specialization because you can share knowledge in a wonderful way! "Language is a cake"( TEN. Foundational Principles) and teaching language becomes a piece of cake!

By Zhanat T

Jan 14, 2021

I had a number of questions to improve my teaching skills. I was given those responses. Now I can impress my colleagues and students via the numerous teaching techniques and strategies given through these courses. As a result, I can be effective as a teacher of English and well paid as well. Thanks so much.

By Pedro S R S d S

Jun 13, 2020

The whole specialization is fantastic! It really provides you with the tools to teach English as a foreign language. It helped me even more than my undergraduate degree. Practical and valuable content that makes you evolve as a teacher, but be ready to work hard, it does demands some dedication and time.

By Furaiha H

Jan 10, 2021

These two specializations will upgrade you from a good teacher to one of the best indeed! the lecture panel conducts the course in a very friendly, informative and interesting way opening a vast door for the students to spread their wings and provide for the community with their abilities and skills.

By Mallikarjuna S M

Oct 14, 2020

I cherish this achievement as one of the best in my 30 years of teaching career. It was a great learning experience for me. The Capstone projects have provided me with richest learning experience. I am ever grateful to the faculty who developed and taught the course. Best Regards to all the faculty.

By Omar O

Aug 21, 2018

It has been a wonderful experience to work with you over the last few weeks!. I loved how you taught us theoretically and practically in the field of teaching English. I think it's too important for people who want to teach English to apply for all the courses in the TESOL certificate program.

By Alejandra J C S

Jun 28, 2020

A great course if you want to start teaching or if you need some update in the field. Instructions were always clear and presented in a great way (just like we need to do), and I found the assignments were great. Amazing instructors, learnt a lot from all of you. Thank you very much!

By Irina S

Oct 28, 2020

I had real pleasure to take part in this course. It really helped me get together my teaching practice.

It was very intense and interesting, because I had a chance to see many different teachers at work and share their experience.

I want to thank all my teachers and peers!

By Jairo d J H T

Jan 22, 2021

This course was indeed the hardest and the one that required most of my time, but it was also the one that helped me the most to develop my skills and gain the confidence to teach. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to participate in this amazing course.

Mar 8, 2021

With the lessons prepared with great effort by creative instructors, I have learned many details about the English language without getting bored. I really thank the respected instructors of this course and Coursera and I would like to say that I am grateful.

By NAKITENDE R

Oct 9, 2020

It has been a great hands on experience.Our instructors;Dr.Shane Dixon,Dr.Justin Shewell,and JessicaCinco deserve all the merit for imparting such skills into us.All The ASU teamThe ,Coursera team,MOOC,it is a commendable job you have done.

Rovina Nakitende

By Ioannis T

Dec 13, 2017

It was a great experience being part of "Teach English Now!" initiative. I honestly fully enjoyed all the content of this course! Finishing this course means that I now know how to serve! I mean.... If Language is cake, of course... Thank you, once again!

By Dilli R K

Nov 30, 2020

One of the best professional courses in the field of ELT. The course paves your way to be an efficient English language teacher across the globe.

I completed all the 8 courses of the specialization which sighted me with practical classroom skills in ELT.