Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1 by Arizona State University

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by observing teachers at work (a total of six hours of observation). You will build on the concepts learned from the previous courses to analyze the lessons. You will also submit your teaching philosophy, a five-day lesson plan, and a teaching tip. You will deliver a portion of your lesson, submitting a 6-10 minute video for peer review. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....
Highlights
Application focused instruction
(20 Reviews)
Intensive practice course
(80 Reviews)

JJ

Jun 01, 2020

I enjoyed the course and the material. It was a challenging course which brought all the other courses in the specialization together. The instructors are very creative and a pleasure to learn from.

DA

Mar 14, 2018

I accomplished and learned so much from the first part of this course. I cannot wait to start on the second part. Thanks to Dr. Dixon and his colleagues for a great ESL certification journey.

351 - 375 of 384 Reviews for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Aug 11, 2016

Nice.

By Ayse K

Aug 26, 2020

I liked the course content but the last section was quite hard as there were not a lot videos. Apart from the content, I find Coursera's app all buggy. Especially submissions and reviews are nightmare on the app. One issue is the lack of a text editor to format the submissions. The other issue is when reviewing peers' work especially if the student submitted a file instead of text submission. Also, course progress under grades is not reflective of what has been done. I always saw red indicators for submissions that I completed weeks ago.

By Nancy T

Feb 21, 2017

There was more work put into this Capstone Project, but each assignment had a purpose and was thoroughly explained, modeled and ready for you, as the student, to create. Great way to grow and learn by teaching and doing!

By Maria d R B V

Sep 19, 2016

I really like the course, there are many interesting things to improve our teaching practice. However I have found that it is not really easy to do it in the classroom.

By xiaoyuqiong

May 15, 2016

please be nice to Chinese mainland students, the net probelm, just like we can't use google in China, but we need to upload some assginments on it.

By Sandy A

Sep 22, 2017

The course is fantastic and so engaging! Dr. Shane and Ms Cinco are a true inspiration!

By Rossella B

May 14, 2016

the timing was a problem, with part 2 starting before the planned end of part 1

By ALIA A H

Sep 08, 2020

it was great. It took me a lot of time,but worth the effort.

By Sunny W

Nov 06, 2017

A bit repetitive and tedious, but I am glad I took it.

By Nathanial G

Jun 06, 2020

The video upload feature needs improvement.

By Senguttuvan M

Sep 21, 2020

It was indeed a great learning experience.

By Justin S

Mar 30, 2020

The content was very engaging.