Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1 by Arizona State University

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by observing teachers at work (a total of six hours of observation). You will build on the concepts learned from the previous courses to analyze the lessons. You will also submit your teaching philosophy, a five-day lesson plan, and a teaching tip. You will deliver a portion of your lesson, submitting a 6-10 minute video for peer review. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....
Highlights
Application focused instruction
(20 Reviews)
Intensive practice course
(80 Reviews)

JJ

I enjoyed the course and the material. It was a challenging course which brought all the other courses in the specialization together. The instructors are very creative and a pleasure to learn from.

Jun 26, 2021

This course has made teaching super easy for me. It is a platform where I got a planned structure which gave my teaching a boost . I never thought making a lesson plan would be this much easier.

501 - 514 of 514 Reviews for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

By Justin S

Mar 30, 2020

The content was very engaging.

By Erick A A

May 16, 2016

Challenging

By Victoria V

Sep 20, 2021

It is a well-structured course, it was helpful to me, but not as much as I would like to. I had no idea how to create a lesson plan and the examples available were either too complex or too simplifyed. Besides, there is absolutely no feedback from professionals (not even from an English student at ASU) at the assignments. And on the last course we just have to send a video and an entire lesson to be analyzed by a professional, even having had feedback from people who are not professionals either (or who are replying with 2 words just to get to the next level) during all the previous courses.

By Claudia I O O

Jul 31, 2020

As per the knowledge share is 5 stars, I need assistance but can not find any way to contact someone. I had received authorization for financial aid and the Capstone 1 for Teach English Now is demanding payment. It does not allow me to advance in the project. I do not know how to clear this situation, please help

By Alba R S

Jun 19, 2018

A bit hard, and I would have liked real teachers to have reviewed our assignments. In spite of this, I believe that the course achieved the goals of the certificate.

By Olga M

May 9, 2017

Unlike previous courses, very few videos, all the information is text... Very little new information..

By Nghĩa P

Sep 14, 2021

Take too long for review.

No interaction with teacher.

Though the knowledge is valuable :)

By Gabriela M V K

Jun 21, 2017

I am very,very disappointed with this last course of the Teach English Now! Part 1 specialization. It involved three times as much work as the previous parts and I was unable to stay on track. I don´t understand why this fourth part is so much more time consuming that the previous. It could be divided into three or four different courses so that they each require a similar amount of work time during the week. I had to re-enroll so many times I finally lost my money, cause the specialization should be accomplished within the first year since payment.

I feel fooled because the two courses where very easy to follow, and when purchasing the third I decided I could pay for the third and fourth at once and save 10$. Unfortunately, the third course was easy as well, but the fourth was not and I have not been able to stay on track and work at the same time. Now that the school year is over, the deadline for accomplishing the fourth course is over.

TOO BAD. You could be more flexible. It is an online course and that would´t cost Coursera any extra money.

By Hewa S

Jun 12, 2016

This was the worst course I have taken with ASU on Coursera. Feedback was minimal and the system had many technical issues. Videos didn't start properly and there was no help or feedback from the instructors or the peers. I have wasted a lot of time resubmitting my assignments due to technical issues. Waste of my time.

By Chris K