Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1 by Arizona State University

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by observing teachers at work (a total of six hours of observation). You will build on the concepts learned from the previous courses to analyze the lessons. You will also submit your teaching philosophy, a five-day lesson plan, and a teaching tip. You will deliver a portion of your lesson, submitting a 6-10 minute video for peer review. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....
Highlights
Application focused instruction
(20 Reviews)
Intensive practice course
(80 Reviews)

JJ

I enjoyed the course and the material. It was a challenging course which brought all the other courses in the specialization together. The instructors are very creative and a pleasure to learn from.

Jun 26, 2021

This course has made teaching super easy for me. It is a platform where I got a planned structure which gave my teaching a boost . I never thought making a lesson plan would be this much easier.

76 - 100 of 514 Reviews for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

By Barno Z

Jun 6, 2020

It was amazing experience. I loved the time I spent on this course, got a lot of useful skills and could apply them here. I would like to thank coursera and ASU for such opportunity and wish them good luck!

By Keishia S

Mar 5, 2019

Great course! I found it challenging and it helped me think about my purpose and why I am in the course. It also challenged me with constructing a daily and weekly lesson plan, which is important to have.

By Marina H

Mar 20, 2018

The purpose of this final project is to put to work the tools and knowledge that we gain throughout the courses. It helps us become a self-directed learner and st starts to build our teaching portfolio.

By Paul A H

Jul 8, 2019

Great class. Really pushed me to work beyond what I was comfortable with. I am so glad that I didn't give up because I have learned so much from this series of classes. The teachers are very, very good.

By Paula C H

Aug 21, 2019

Awesome course! it was fun, interesting and all your materials took me step by step without any trouble. Thank you Dr. Shane and Ms. Jessica you kept me entertain and learn more than what I expected.

By Sadaf S

Jun 27, 2021

By Lorena G

Dec 2, 2016

This Capstone Project requires a lot of effort and time, but it is definitely worth it. Anyone who takes this course will learn so much at the end and he/she would be prepared to start teaching.

By Clarise P

Aug 11, 2019

This course was great! I learned a lot about preparing Lesson Plans and received wonderful tips. Thank you ASU and Coursera for creating such a complete and wonderful Capstone Project!

By Valeriya K

Feb 11, 2020

It was really challenging as I have never taught. I sm not s yracher and I spent much time on thinking and planning. But I don't regret and I am looking forward to starting a part 2.

By sanaa J

Jul 5, 2020

Going through the activities of Capstone 1 brought out the deeper self-awareness of what I learned and how I'm applying my knowledge to reach out to my students. A great experience.

By Sara B

Dec 3, 2019

This course was 100% useful and helpful, I have learnt so much in this course and I believe that I got improved my skills and my teaching methods throughout this course.

Thank You!

By Ana G

Nov 15, 2018

great contents! great platform, great teachers and peers. I am truly very happy to be here! I so completely trust AZU. thank you to the instructional designers, great great job!

By Dilara C

Mar 29, 2020

It was great experience and the journey on the half-way to get my TESOL certificate. Thanks the teachers for making classes easy to understand for everybody. Good work. Keep up!

By Gerardo G V

Mar 27, 2017

It was harder than the others but I thank you for that! I learn a lot about the class structure and got a better idea of what things I need to work to became a teacher. Thanks!

By Muhamadali B

Jul 16, 2016

That's one of the best courses ever i passed. I strongly recomend to take the whole course for further learners. Good luck everyone who is going to take exactly these courses.

By Jun Y

Jun 9, 2018

It is such a helpful course for me who is new for teaching! It helped me greatly in my current English club teaching which made me so close to my students. Thank you so much!

By Anita B

Sep 12, 2020

Beautifully designed project. At times but difficult, but worth doing course. Thanks for making us understand each and every step and sharing viable plans of ASU educators.

By Bodhidavid

Aug 1, 2016

It was a nice experience, I really put in practice all topics that I learnt during the former three courses, although it was a lot of hard work, it's really worth of doing!

By Destiny S

Aug 3, 2021

I loved this Capstone! I had fun doing the micro-lesson. I wish that I could have taught in a real classroom. Maybe I could have went through one of my workshops at work!

By Ashiq K

May 4, 2021

I learned a lot! This course was well designed, to incrementally instill what was needed to plan a week of lessons, practice teaching methods and create teaching tips.

By Joe S

May 25, 2018

Project one, and particularly this course has been such a benefit to my teaching. The observations have given me so many great ideas for my classroom. Thanks you guys!

By сайка л т

Feb 8, 2021

It was great pleasure to work and learn. Very useful course. Thank you so much for your interesting lessons, which were aligned to teaching and delicious like cake.

By Deborah S

Sep 4, 2021

​i enjoyed learning a little history and lesson planning. I liked the practical portion the best, preparing a lesson and learning "tips" for engaging students.

By Cerise A

This course is challenging, and hard work. But the documents you will produce during the six weeks will be so worth it! Don't second guess yourself, just do it!

By Marta I V

Feb 14, 2021

Excellent course. I have never learned and practiced so much before. The professors are excellent guides for us. I hope to continue with the following course.