Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1 by Arizona State University

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by observing teachers at work (a total of six hours of observation). You will build on the concepts learned from the previous courses to analyze the lessons. You will also submit your teaching philosophy, a five-day lesson plan, and a teaching tip. You will deliver a portion of your lesson, submitting a 6-10 minute video for peer review. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....
Highlights
Application focused instruction
(20 Reviews)
Intensive practice course
(80 Reviews)

JJ

I enjoyed the course and the material. It was a challenging course which brought all the other courses in the specialization together. The instructors are very creative and a pleasure to learn from.

Jun 26, 2021

This course has made teaching super easy for me. It is a platform where I got a planned structure which gave my teaching a boost . I never thought making a lesson plan would be this much easier.

126 - 150 of 513 Reviews for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

By Mouhannad I A

Dec 30, 2018

One of the best online courses all around the world. Best teachers and high quality content.

Thank you very much for this beautiful work.

By Benjamin G

Feb 25, 2017

great capstone to the course. Very clever and efficient way to incorporate the necessary hours of class observation in an online format!

By Aya-tulRahman W G

Sep 28, 2017

Excellent course!

I am grateful that you are giving us the opportunity and guidance to create our own professional teaching portfolio :)

By Andrea A

Nov 28, 2019

A great challenge to put to use all that was learned.

Having to do a video was a super way to view how the teaching can be perceived.

By Lorena P

Oct 12, 2017

Excellent Course. I have learnt so much. Tutors, Mentor and Teacher excellent!! Thank you for this opportunity and congratulations.!!

By Philippe A

Oct 11, 2020

I am really enjoying this course. I love the step-by-step approach, the variety of materials used and I can study at my own pace.

By Abigail C

Nov 24, 2019

This capstone was an excellent opportunity to practice skills learned in other courses in the certificate. I highly recommend it.

By Maria F d O V

Aug 13, 2017

Excellent course for reviewing language teaching approaches, evaluating your own teaching style and organizing the lesson plans.

By Dmitrii K

Jan 9, 2021

I like how the course is a huge summary of what has been taught in the three previous courses but with a huge focus on practise

By André E

Aug 4, 2020

It demands a lot of work, time, and consideration, but it is totally worthy! You learn a lot and improve your teaching style.

By Pare-arpon P

Apr 12, 2020

This course is amazing. I have a solid knowledge of teaching as a second language. However, this course requires hard work.

By Stephen F

Sep 28, 2016

I am so enjoying this offering! 100% the best learning experience that I have had to-date!! You guys are simply brilliant!!

By Arshid B

Jul 26, 2016

A very helpful course especially for the people living in countries where we don't have access to the world class education

By Polina v R

Jul 1, 2020

It required a lot of work but totally worth it! Stepped out of my comfort zone by recording the first lesson. Feels great!

By Viktor

Jun 20, 2018

This course is a treasure for teachers!!! I really mean it. Starting with nuts and bolts to confident lesson conducting.!

By Olga K

Jul 27, 2017

Excellent course to revise all the prior material and to show yourself, what you have learnt and able to do as a teacher)

By Tatiana

May 26, 2016

The course provide intensive practice. After completing all of the assignments I feel myself more confident as a teacher.

By Marcos S

Aug 12, 2018

Very important for everyone who wants to be an English teacher or teachers who want to revisit and improve their skills.

By Elías O E

Jun 15, 2020

Excellent course, great material, and dynamic professors. Thank you so much for your teaching, enthusiasm, and support!

By Bridget M

Feb 26, 2019

Excellent course materials! This capstone was a great way to apply everything I learned in Part I of Teach English Now.

By 利平 L 卢 L

Nov 8, 2018

it's a very good platform, giving people like me to pursue a dream of being an English teacher. I really appreciate it.

By Mustafa A

Mar 30, 2021

I am very happy to join this course. I knew many important things that will help me to complete my teaching phiosophy.

By heather m

Mar 9, 2019

This is an amazing course!!! the teachers are fantastic. The material is broken down in simple bits. All achievable!

By Andrew M

Oct 11, 2016

Fantastic Observation opportunities. However, due to site issues, I had to skip, go back, and re-watch various pieces.

By Дмитрий Д

Jul 8, 2020

Great course. I highly recommend it because it needs lots of efforts, but develops you as a teacher at no time flat.