Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1 by Arizona State University

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by observing teachers at work (a total of six hours of observation). You will build on the concepts learned from the previous courses to analyze the lessons. You will also submit your teaching philosophy, a five-day lesson plan, and a teaching tip. You will deliver a portion of your lesson, submitting a 6-10 minute video for peer review. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....
Highlights
Application focused instruction
(20 Reviews)
Intensive practice course
(80 Reviews)

JJ

I enjoyed the course and the material. It was a challenging course which brought all the other courses in the specialization together. The instructors are very creative and a pleasure to learn from.

DA
Mar 13, 2018

I accomplished and learned so much from the first part of this course. I cannot wait to start on the second part. Thanks to Dr. Dixon and his colleagues for a great ESL certification journey.

426 - 450 of 452 Reviews for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Aug 11, 2016

Nice.

By Ayse K

Aug 25, 2020

I liked the course content but the last section was quite hard as there were not a lot videos. Apart from the content, I find Coursera's app all buggy. Especially submissions and reviews are nightmare on the app. One issue is the lack of a text editor to format the submissions. The other issue is when reviewing peers' work especially if the student submitted a file instead of text submission. Also, course progress under grades is not reflective of what has been done. I always saw red indicators for submissions that I completed weeks ago.

By Mallory S

Oct 7, 2020

Appreciated the content of this course but I was very disappointed that my final micro lesson had nothing but "good job" and "Well done" for feedback. I took the time to review 3 micro lesson videos and give constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement. It is unacceptable to me that I can't be guaranteed the same in return.

By Nancy T

Feb 21, 2017

There was more work put into this Capstone Project, but each assignment had a purpose and was thoroughly explained, modeled and ready for you, as the student, to create. Great way to grow and learn by teaching and doing!

By Maria Z Q F

Jan 8, 2021

I like the method of this course, however it will be good to have more support from a Mentor, or better yet, each student is assigned a specific mentor (a Teacher herself/himself and not another fellow learner)

By Susan C

Jan 20, 2021

Schedule was sometimes uneven without sufficient attention to how long work can take. Some assignments can be done quickly while others take much longer. Very assignment doesn't merit the same time frame.

By Maria d R B V

Sep 19, 2016

I really like the course, there are many interesting things to improve our teaching practice. However I have found that it is not really easy to do it in the classroom.

By xiaoyuqiong

May 15, 2016

please be nice to Chinese mainland students, the net probelm, just like we can't use google in China, but we need to upload some assginments on it.

By Sandy A

Sep 22, 2017

The course is fantastic and so engaging! Dr. Shane and Ms Cinco are a true inspiration!

By Rossella B

May 14, 2016

the timing was a problem, with part 2 starting before the planned end of part 1

By ALIA A H

Sep 8, 2020

it was great. It took me a lot of time,but worth the effort.

By Sunny W

Nov 6, 2017

A bit repetitive and tedious, but I am glad I took it.

By Nathanial G

Jun 6, 2020

The video upload feature needs improvement.

By Senguttuvan M

Sep 21, 2020

It was indeed a great learning experience.

By Justin S

Mar 30, 2020

The content was very engaging.

By Erick A A

May 16, 2016

Challenging

By Claudia I O O

Jul 31, 2020

As per the knowledge share is 5 stars, I need assistance but can not find any way to contact someone. I had received authorization for financial aid and the Capstone 1 for Teach English Now is demanding payment. It does not allow me to advance in the project. I do not know how to clear this situation, please help

By Alba R S

Jun 19, 2018

A bit hard, and I would have liked real teachers to have reviewed our assignments. In spite of this, I believe that the course achieved the goals of the certificate.

By Olga M

May 9, 2017

Unlike previous courses, very few videos, all the information is text... Very little new information..

By Gabriela M V K

Jun 21, 2017

I am very,very disappointed with this last course of the Teach English Now! Part 1 specialization. It involved three times as much work as the previous parts and I was unable to stay on track. I don´t understand why this fourth part is so much more time consuming that the previous. It could be divided into three or four different courses so that they each require a similar amount of work time during the week. I had to re-enroll so many times I finally lost my money, cause the specialization should be accomplished within the first year since payment.

I feel fooled because the two courses where very easy to follow, and when purchasing the third I decided I could pay for the third and fourth at once and save 10$. Unfortunately, the third course was easy as well, but the fourth was not and I have not been able to stay on track and work at the same time. Now that the school year is over, the deadline for accomplishing the fourth course is over.

TOO BAD. You could be more flexible. It is an online course and that would´t cost Coursera any extra money.