Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1 by Arizona State University

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by observing teachers at work (a total of six hours of observation). You will build on the concepts learned from the previous courses to analyze the lessons. You will also submit your teaching philosophy, a five-day lesson plan, and a teaching tip. You will deliver a portion of your lesson, submitting a 6-10 minute video for peer review. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....
Highlights
Application focused instruction
(20 Reviews)
Intensive practice course
(80 Reviews)

JJ

I enjoyed the course and the material. It was a challenging course which brought all the other courses in the specialization together. The instructors are very creative and a pleasure to learn from.

Jun 26, 2021

This course has made teaching super easy for me. It is a platform where I got a planned structure which gave my teaching a boost . I never thought making a lesson plan would be this much easier.

51 - 75 of 510 Reviews for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

By Luis S

Sep 29, 2017

This course was exactly what I was looking for, a smart blend between theories and practice. It´s providing me a new set of teaching tools and projects designed to master my skills. Also, allows you to take a look to other points of view and experience from teachers from different places.

By Yadi S

Jun 2, 2021

I​ definitely fall in love this course. I'm currently teaching in my village voluntarily because I teach English to make the world a better place. They have the right to education. AND this course help boost my teaching skills. I can't say thank you enough for this.

By ToshieSaito

Mar 13, 2021

Thank you very much for this TESOL program. I'm very enjoyable to make a progress to the goal.

But sometimes I cannot help facing the technical difficulties. I'm willing to learn more these courses deeply to improve the four skills not only me but also the students

By Annabella M

Jul 17, 2021

This course was an eye opener for me, exposing me to new technology based ideas and how to best apply them to my learners.

It was very interesting discovering that I could comfortably and interestingly use WhatApp in my teaching. Thank you our course directors.

By Irina S

Jun 25, 2021

T​his has been a fairly hard course for me. The most complicated part was a weekly plan. Although, I consider myself an experienced teacher I had to contemplate a lot to make it work out! The micro lesson was also a challenge from the technical point of view.

By Alexandros T

Jan 31, 2018

This course only gets better and better. I don’t have the time I wish I had to dedicate to describing everything I am taking away from this experience, so I’ll try to do it in three words: this class was global, fundamental, and inspiring. And it’s not over!

By Orrathip G

Oct 5, 2018

This course challenges me to synthesize the principles of teaching and learning and to exhibit the teaching following the lesson plan I designed. Also, I have seen other teaching in class observation which give me wider visual in teaching and learning.

By JENNIFER O

Mar 30, 2019

This course is so dynamic and easy to learn. Kudos to the team of ASU Teach English Now! More power to your endeavors.

I have recommended this course to friends who are Interested to have a TESOL certificate and two has already enrolled in the class.

By Daphne M M

Dec 7, 2016

i was very challenged with the modules that at one time wished i had not started on it. but i am now grateful, i soldiered on and now i can enjoy and look back just to say "THANK YOU SO MUCH COUSERA ASU"! grate buddies when it comes to empowering us.

By David B

Mar 20, 2020

This course reinforced the topics from the previous lessons. It was hard! I feel like I have worked so hard to reach the halfway point, and I hope to move on to the next part soon. ASU's TEN TESOL specialization is very very good. Thanks guys.

By Cynndi N

Apr 8, 2018

The instruction, instructors, teacher observations, peer-reviewing, and feedback are all great assets to improving and encouraging the love going towards "making a difference" in the world WITH AN EDUCATORS HEART!! Thank you, ASU & peers!

By maria v

Jun 19, 2016

Fantastic course. It was an amazing experience and learned so much. Highly recommend for anyone to do this course as it really is an amazing journey with yr peers and instructors. You will really have built your confidence on completion.

By Sofia B

Mar 8, 2017

The course gives you the opportunity to have a go at creating your own lessons. The first lesson I did was a bit amatour, but it gave me the confidence to make better lessons in the second specialisation. Thanks a lot to the creators!!!

By Annamarie C

Jul 26, 2021

While nerve-wracking for an older student, the peer reviews are helpful in assimilating the material; I enjoyed the teacher observations very much. These made me feel I will be able to complete this and become a good English teacher.

By Shahid I

Oct 16, 2020

Wonderful. Awesome. Top stuff. Students however are not giving value to the worth of the assignments and are plagiarizing or cheating in some other way. I hope you can separate the real teachers from the fake ones in the last course.

By Wang D

Mar 24, 2020

Great course!Through the journey I learned a lot about my own teaching philosophy. What's more, I gain some really useful techniques by observing their teachers. So, I highly recommand to those what want to be professional teachers.

By Muhammed E E

Apr 8, 2018

It was a great course and I learned a lot about lesson plan and how I can prepare a daily lesson plan and weekly lesson plan and I have learned a lot of methods when I watched lessons and wrote my observation about lessons.

By feruza i

Sep 6, 2020

Great course! Special thanks to ASU and Coursera for granting this amazing opportunity to grow both professionally and personally,it was the hardest of all courses I have taken on Coursera ,but it was really worth it!

By Partha S

Oct 22, 2016

It was nice to receive formative assessment through Capstone Project. Anybody interested in practicing what they've learned during the first three modules, Capstone Project is the course for them. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

By Xiaosheng O

May 13, 2021

It's a very wonderful experience in Capstone 1. I worked hard and took much time to deal with it. But learnt a lot from the instructors and learning mates all over world. Continue fighting for Part2. See you next part.

By Delphine S

Jan 21, 2019

The Capstone project as well as this whole course truly does help us to not only learn this new skill set but also supports us in creating real world useful documents and tools. Excellent! Can't wait for part two.

By Serah

May 8, 2018

I love love love this course so much. so informative, educational and very taxing. Although rigorous, we were held by the hands through it all. Thank you all Dr Shane Dixon and Ms. Jessica Cinco, you did amazing

By Gunarti T

May 14, 2020

The Observation Reflection really helping me to have clearer description of teaching English and equip me to analyze and improve my own teaching style. Thank you very much for the wonderful tutors and Coursera.

By MAURICIO C T

Mar 23, 2019

Fantastic the content offered on this course. I have been learning much much much more. The Capstone is the opportuniti to go deepen on the subject. Son There we will go! Thank you all that make it come true.

By Barno Z

Jun 6, 2020

It was amazing experience. I loved the time I spent on this course, got a lot of useful skills and could apply them here. I would like to thank coursera and ASU for such opportunity and wish them good luck!