Back to Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1 by Arizona State University

In the final Capstone Project, you will apply the skills you learned by observing teachers at work (a total of six hours of observation). You will build on the concepts learned from the previous courses to analyze the lessons. You will also submit your teaching philosophy, a five-day lesson plan, and a teaching tip. You will deliver a portion of your lesson, submitting a 6-10 minute video for peer review. If you have completed Teach English Now! Part 1 and Teach English Now! Part 2, you will submit your work for expert review to receive your ASU 150-hour TESOL Certificate from ASU, in addition to your Coursera certificates....
Highlights
Application focused instruction
(20 Reviews)
Intensive practice course
(80 Reviews)

JJ

I enjoyed the course and the material. It was a challenging course which brought all the other courses in the specialization together. The instructors are very creative and a pleasure to learn from.

DA
Mar 13, 2018

I accomplished and learned so much from the first part of this course. I cannot wait to start on the second part. Thanks to Dr. Dixon and his colleagues for a great ESL certification journey.

76 - 100 of 452 Reviews for Teach English Now! Capstone Project 1

By Muhamadali B

Jul 16, 2016

That's one of the best courses ever i passed. I strongly recomend to take the whole course for further learners. Good luck everyone who is going to take exactly these courses.

By Jun Y

Jun 9, 2018

It is such a helpful course for me who is new for teaching! It helped me greatly in my current English club teaching which made me so close to my students. Thank you so much!

By Anita B

Sep 12, 2020

Beautifully designed project. At times but difficult, but worth doing course. Thanks for making us understand each and every step and sharing viable plans of ASU educators.

By David S B

Aug 1, 2016

It was a nice experience, I really put in practice all topics that I learnt during the former three courses, although it was a lot of hard work, it's really worth of doing!

By Joe S

May 25, 2018

Project one, and particularly this course has been such a benefit to my teaching. The observations have given me so many great ideas for my classroom. Thanks you guys!

By сайка л т

Feb 8, 2021

It was great pleasure to work and learn. Very useful course. Thank you so much for your interesting lessons, which were aligned to teaching and delicious like cake.

By Cerise A

This course is challenging, and hard work. But the documents you will produce during the six weeks will be so worth it! Don't second guess yourself, just do it!

By Marta I V

Feb 14, 2021

Excellent course. I have never learned and practiced so much before. The professors are excellent guides for us. I hope to continue with the following course.

By Jason S

Mar 29, 2020

Hard course! Lots of work! Worth it. Take this and you will come out knowing how to make lesson plans, and with a lot of knowledge about the basics of TESOL.

By Elemar K

Sep 1, 2018

Once you take the capstone,you'll realize there are so much yet to learn. Having the microlesson is actually a good way to start engaging on being a teacher.

By Anna M C

Feb 7, 2018

Thank you a lot for brilliant course:) It was my real pleasure and I enjoyed so much studying and gaining knowledge:) All the best for you from Poland, Anna

By josefina t r

Mar 29, 2017

It is a very good work of the proffesors and the mentors. Thanks very much to them and the University for making possible to access these important courses.

By Fan W

Dec 15, 2019

It is a really helpful course! Although it was difficult to complete. You have to create your own teaching philosophy, teaching plans and teaching videos.

By Maria B F T

Jan 13, 2021

It was a lot of work but it was worth it. I feel like I have gotten a better grasp of what being a teacher is and I feel more capable to do lesson plans

By Roberto R

Aug 1, 2020

Top of the line program. I can't wait to take the final capstone. You learn a lot. I have been teaching for 15 years and there is nothing like this.

By Qingqing H

Feb 17, 2021

We are picking up the teaching strategies from those fabulous professors as they used these teaching strategies on us, the students. What an adventure!

By Orkhan J N

Sep 3, 2020

All the courses from the beginning including Capstone Project 1 were exactly perfect and helped me a lot to improve my learning and teaching skills!!!

By 1131753391@qq.com

Oct 27, 2020

This is a very useful course, with a scientific and interesting method. I totally agree with its teaching approach and learned a lot from each step.

By Aynur M

Sep 11, 2020

I thank to you a lot for your attention. I am so happy for joining this course and getting these certificates.Now I look forward to get subdiploma.

By Charlotta S R

Jan 29, 2017

I loved this specialization, it allows you to create a portfolio of work to show a potential employer while teaching you what and how to do it .

By Güneş A

Nov 21, 2020

I have learned a lot of information from this course. Thanks to all the instructors for everything and I am grateful to them. Thanks Coursera.

By Ibragimova N K

Nov 11, 2020

Thank you all trainers who worked hard on organization of wonderful courses like that! That course refreshed my knowledge and experiences!!!!

By Olena I

Oct 15, 2020

I would like to say big thanks to all teachers who made this course in such an interesting and easy way! Well done to veryone and keep it up!

By Miguel Á G Á

Mar 28, 2017

What a great way to finish the first part of the TESOL diploma! Nothing like an extremely complete course to wrap those prior three courses.

By Angeliki A

Nov 8, 2016

I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to teach English or who wants to polish up their teaching skills. Well structured course.