Back to Teamwork Skills: Communicating Effectively in Groups

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teamwork Skills: Communicating Effectively in Groups by University of Colorado Boulder

Effective teamwork and group communication are essential for your professional and personal success. In this course you will learn to: make better decisions, be more creative and innovative, manage conflict and work with difficult group members, negotiate for preferred outcomes, improve group communication in virtual environments, develop a better overall understanding of human interaction, and work more effectively as a team. Our goal is to help you understand these important dynamics of group communication and learn how to put them into practice to improve your overall teamwork....

M
Apr 27, 2020

Amazing course! I've learned a lot of new theories & ideas of Group Communication! in a simple yet interesting way. I will definitely make use of knowledge gain from this course in my practical life !

ND
Aug 27, 2020

576 - 600 of 701 Reviews for Teamwork Skills: Communicating Effectively in Groups

By Nalla s

Jun 10, 2020

Good

By Vajinepalli s s

Jun 8, 2020

nice

By GANVIR P Y

Jun 4, 2020

Good

By Ammar G

May 6, 2020

Good

By CH V S K

Apr 17, 2020

good

By AHMED Z M A E

Apr 17, 2020

good

By OWOYINE J

Aug 17, 2020

t

By SHAHLA Y Y A A

y

By Andrea R

Excellent speaker/lecturer (who was still pleasant to listen to at 1.25x speed) and graphics, very well-structured, well-presented, interesting and fairly dense (in a good way) content. Enough repetition to keep track after pausing the course but not so much that it was annoying when going through the whole content for a week at once. The only major drawback for me was the complete lack of acknowledgement that trans and nonbinary people even exist in the section on gender (which was the weakest section for me). I also didn't like the underlying assumption in the diversity section that the audience of the lecture had to newly get used to diversity after having spent a long time in fairly homogenous groups - after all, the majority of Coursera students probably are NOT white men... I wasn't a huge fan of all the generic stock photos/illustrations, but I liked the dynamic and effective way images and text were used to support the spoken content and to add to it. Overall very pleasant to watch and listen to - I'll look out for other courses by the same lecturer/from the same university/department!

By Holger F

Jul 29, 2020

I was overwhelmed with the amount of information provided through this class. I wonder, how I can actively incorporate this learning in my daily job. I guess just doing the class is a start, but I wonder how I could get help to receive feedback on my mistakes I will definitely continue to do in the future. Otherwise I am not able to profit of this class as it could be and the time I spend is not invested to possible highest outcome!

This e-class was the first of this kind. I though it is amazing what technology allows us to do in the field of communication and teaching. Since I am in process of converting my way of communication due to recent events (Convid), this class structure showed me an excellent approach to teaching and and excellent way to make people to follow through in a class. This was really fascinating to have experienced. This experience actually gave me more that just the pure content of the class.

By Emi O

Apr 26, 2020

I felt this class was thorough and somewhat challenging. I couldn’t help but think of those who are taking it as a second or third language! Congrats to you who can do it! As a native English speaker, one of the writing assignments was a challenge for me as it was more tedious but I guess if you’re just trying to pass and not excel it wouldn’t be too tough. The videos throughout the course are clear and concise, which I appreciated. I feel there is a lot of information covered in a very short amount of time. I was able to complete the four week course in under three weeks. Recommend this course for those who are trying to learn how to communicate effectively, even if just in your daily life! So much of life is communicating in groups, whether you’re aware of it or not. I am so glad they covered the importance of Diversity too!