Back to Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation by Arizona State University

In this course, you will be introduced to some of the challenges of teaching and learning listening and speaking, such as paralinguistics, performance variables, reduced and regional forms, and differing types of oral discourse. Don't worry--you'll learn what those mean, too! Then you'll learn how to ease the acquisition of listening and speaking for your students. The course also highlights the powerful opportunity to include pronunciation in listening and speaking classes and offers strategies to incorporate pronunciation activities....

DO

Feb 26, 2020

thank you Arizona State University and Coursera for creating such a great content! it improves my skills and more understand of strategies we can apply in the teaching-leaning process

Apr 17, 2020

This course has been my favorite one yet. I love the wide perspective the team offers, and the specific techniques and strategies suggested. What a valuable experience this has been!

26 - 50 of 255 Reviews for Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation

By Maria F A

Aug 12, 2017

This course was the most interesting and useful course for me, since it is related to my specialization, Phonetics and Phonology. I was excited and enthusiastic during the course because it helps me how to teach speaking and how to convey the pronunciation aspect to students. I will try my best to apply what I have learned from you. A million of thanks for your valuable efforts.

By Hashem M A E

May 23, 2020

it's really an amazing course I highly recommend it to any ESL/EFL teacher. its tells you how to deal with ESL learner providing you with valuable and adaptable strategies that make teaching process easier and more effective

By ANTHONY V B

This course helps me to innovate and nurture my skills and techniques in teaching listening, speaking, and pronunciation away from my conventional methods and strategies. A course that is worth spending time and effort.

By Obruchnikova N

Jul 02, 2019

Thank you very much to the creators of this course and instructors! You are doing a great job! I really like your courses! They are very interesting and helpful! I wish you further creative success and good luck!

By Sara C M

Jun 19, 2020

If you are an ESL teacher, the TESOL courses would add to your existing teaching experience. There are so many new terms and theories that would change the way you approach lesson planning and teaching.

By 利平 L 卢 L

Jan 14, 2019

very thoughtful teaching,

strategic plan with talk show, making the lesson very sticky and interesting.

I'd love to try such different techniques learned from here in my daily teaching.

thanks very much!

By Muhammed E E

May 07, 2018

It was a very interesting course and I learned a lot of skills in teaching listening, speaking, and pronounciation.

Thank you very much for everyone who provide information and advises in this course.

By Orrathip G

Sep 09, 2018

I enjoyed learning in this course. The instructors are very good in teaching and I learned more from them. This course is fun and well organized. Thank you both of the instructors.

By Zainab M I

Jul 12, 2019

This course teaches you how to teach listening, speaking and pronunciation. The instructors apply all the strategies and techniques, so it is not just in a lecture form.

By Pham N P V

Mar 29, 2018

This course is amazing! Very interesting display, interactive instructors and motivating. Thank you so much for those who built it. I really appreciate your great work.

By Anna M C

Feb 03, 2018

Thank you so much for your devotion and knowledge you shared with me. I really appreciate it and you gave me lot's of advice for my teaching, Best wishes from Poland:)

By NAKITENDE R

Very dynamic instructors,Dr.Shane Dixon,Jessica Cinco,Dr. justin Shewell,Thank you.It has been a very interesting,practical course from the beginning to the end.

By Wang L

Nov 09, 2016

It is organized very well and the materials in this course are very useful for teaching. the teachers are very passionate and lovely. I like this course very much!

By Yadi S

Sep 21, 2018

This course absolutely suits my field because in the future I want to be a multilingual lecturer. I currently study in English Education Department at University.

By Dr. Z A J

Apr 17, 2018

This course is helping me to understand listening, speaking and pronunciation regarding a second languages as well as one's native language.

Dr. Zenobia A. james

By Goher I P

Sep 24, 2019

Wonderful course. I loved the way the lecturers delivered the course. Wow, the casual style which is simply unique helped me learn more. Simply mesmerizing...!

By Yulia N

Sep 15, 2017

This course was very good constructed. The balance between "usual" tasks and videos we are used already and new presentation is superb. We are still motivated!

By MAURICIO C T

Apr 20, 2019

There is another fantastic course from the " Teach English Now! All quality information you can't imagine you will find here, with these fantastic teachers.

By Rafael D

Aug 14, 2016

One of the best courses ever! Clearly and thoroughly explains what to do and what not to when teaching Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation.

Two thumbs up!

By Bryan B

Jul 22, 2016

Recommended for teachers new and experienced alike. I have been teaching overseas for a decade and still learned a tremendous amount from these courses. A+

By Joe S

Jun 09, 2018

Absolutely educational in every sense. I got so many great ideas on how to integrate speaking, listening and pronunciation into my lessons, thanks a lot!

By Manoj W

Jul 16, 2017

A fun-filled course that shows that the course designers have really put in a lot of effort. I wish more innovative strategies discussed in this one.

By Catherine M D

Jul 04, 2018

This class was really interesting! I learned really great strategies to assist not only ELL but native speakers as well. Thank you so much for that!

By Ibrahima D

Jun 03, 2020

Great course! Like the other ones, this course is outstanding because it is memorable and highly useful for anyone teaching language. Thank you!

By Manuel A M C

Dec 10, 2016

This is a great course, giving you the tools to enhance teaching skills and comprehend learners' issues and improve, with good material and fun.