Back to Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation by Arizona State University

In this course, you will be introduced to some of the challenges of teaching and learning listening and speaking, such as paralinguistics, performance variables, reduced and regional forms, and differing types of oral discourse. Don't worry--you'll learn what those mean, too! Then you'll learn how to ease the acquisition of listening and speaking for your students. The course also highlights the powerful opportunity to include pronunciation in listening and speaking classes and offers strategies to incorporate pronunciation activities....

EP

Dec 25, 2020

As always, great course. I just wish there were more examples for pronunciation activities just like in the speaking and listening section. But in any case, the course was so informative and engaging!

DA

Jun 12, 2022

This course really helps alot in improving my English skills. I can now speak and write English fluently.\n\nI will recommend this platform to my other colleagues. Thanks Coursera!!!! Keep it up.

401 - 425 of 427 Reviews for Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation

By Kristine W

Quality of the content is high.

Peer review is a frustrating joke. "Peers" approve any nonsense anyone submits and just beg for reviews on the forum. Quality of "peer" work I have graded is very poor.

By Sarita I S T

Nov 6, 2016

It is a really interesting course which you can learn easily. It provides different listening techniques to use in every day class with your students.

By jiyoung J

Nov 8, 2020

Thank staff again for your effort.

I would be happier when you gave me more practical. for example, giving us more hands-out sheets or some websites.

By Anastasia

Nov 27, 2017

Franlkly speaking, it is awesome. But the previous course - Teach English Now! Second Language Reading, Writing, and Grammar- was better.

Feb 18, 2020

Good course. It encompasses a lot of information concerning including listening, speaking, and pronunciation in learning plans.

By Udayan C R

Jan 29, 2018

I enjoyed and learned during this course. I would be a big medium to reach out to students in all the corners of the world.

By Alba R S

Jul 19, 2018

Great way to expand your teaching techniques, avoiding "traditional" mistakes.

By Wendy K

Mar 18, 2018

Fun, simple, yet thought provoking and useful for a real teaching experience.

By Delia P d G

Apr 25, 2017

Once again, great ideas to teach!

By Asmaa S

Aug 26, 2016

nice course I really learnt a lot

By Kinza M

By Farah H

Jun 24, 2021

By Sterling A U

Dec 11, 2021

I​ have been enjoying the ASU courses so far, but I feel this one needs improvement. It's confusing, focusing on theory and research of the habits of good language learners. Teachers need practical advice they can implement, strategies to plan and implement L&S goals and activities. Also, I find that English teachers and students really need pronunciation guidance--how to pronounce and how to teach pronunciation. One weakness of the ASU courses is that they tend to gloss over grammar and pronunciation.

S​till enjoying the courses, though--and thanks for making them available online at reasonable prices!

By Afifa k

Jul 28, 2020

It has been a pleasant experience to improve my skills for ESL learners.This course really helped me out.

By Mohamed A Q

Apr 25, 2022

م​متاز

By Cynthia A F

Jul 17, 2021

The directions for posting videos werer faulty. I spent many days trying to figure this out. I used the chat rooms and asked for help from Coursera and Arizona U. but noone could give me an adequate answer. Finally, one of my peers gave me a simple answer which worked well. I suggrest reviewing this requirement. There were several student who were in the same circumstance. This made the course annoying and frustratings.

By Andrew N

Aug 30, 2016

Didn't like trying to hammer in recommended activities into my lessons, would be better to create new material and use that.

By Samira A S A S

Jul 26, 2020

The course period is long and tired and was boring