Back to Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation by Arizona State University

In this course, you will be introduced to some of the challenges of teaching and learning listening and speaking, such as paralinguistics, performance variables, reduced and regional forms, and differing types of oral discourse. Don't worry--you'll learn what those mean, too! Then you'll learn how to ease the acquisition of listening and speaking for your students. The course also highlights the powerful opportunity to include pronunciation in listening and speaking classes and offers strategies to incorporate pronunciation activities....

EP
Dec 25, 2020

As always, great course. I just wish there were more examples for pronunciation activities just like in the speaking and listening section. But in any case, the course was so informative and engaging!

RB
Jan 11, 2021

Thank you so much for doing this course. It really helps me improve my skills in teaching. The lectures and the assignments helps in connect theory to practice. I really enjoyed the class!

26 - 50 of 328 Reviews for Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation

By Eric S F

Jan 20, 2020

I liked this course and the content. I just wish on the peer reviews I would get more then a "good job" for feedback from other students.

By Daniela C

Jan 26, 2021

I really enjoy the courses.

I speak five languages, but I am only understanding now how they are successfully taught/learned. I had five different experiences of learning.

First, I learned German at home. I can speak it, understand it, I can read it, but I am not good at sophisticated written production of the language.

Then I learned Czech. I learned it while attending school during 14 years in Czechoslovakia. When I speak Czech, I am told that I speak like the TV people.

My third language was Russian taught at school. I must have had a good teacher. Till these days, I am constantly told by native speakers that they have never met a foreigner with such excellent Russian, thank you.

My fourth language was French. I was immersed in it while living and studying in Switzerland and France. I have a B.A. in French and French literature.

My last language was English and now I would like to teach it.

By Yersaiynova Z

Dec 18, 2020

Such an outstanding course! I felt there is much more for me to refresh in my teaching career and I did not get wrong, this has been what I wanted. The course is so well-structured and there were many things that were new to me. And again as with previous courses, there were good examples in the forms of metaphors that helped me to comprehend situations. I sincerely want to thank all of the team for such great work as this course. Truly recommend!

By vuong v k

Aug 17, 2020

I would like to thank educators of the class (Dr. Shane Dixon, Ms. Jessica Cinco, and Dr. Justin Shewell), ASU, and Coursera for giving me this excellent course.

Thank my peers for grading my assignment in the course.

Now, I have the key of knowledge from the course to use for my class. I will introduce this course to my friends so that they can develop their career.

Again, I sincerely thank for all.

VoKhoa

By Maria F A

Aug 12, 2017

This course was the most interesting and useful course for me, since it is related to my specialization, Phonetics and Phonology. I was excited and enthusiastic during the course because it helps me how to teach speaking and how to convey the pronunciation aspect to students. I will try my best to apply what I have learned from you. A million of thanks for your valuable efforts.

By Cristina S

Feb 24, 2021

I loved this module. It was so helpful to understand all the components of listening and speaking. The Pronunciation section helped me understand how I can include different aspects of pronunciation in small lessons that are part of my course objectives. It helped me understand the importance and value of good, well-thought out lesson planning. Many thanks. Cristina Stern

By Aleksander M

Oct 28, 2020

I want to thank the team of professors of Arizona State University for this wonderful course and all their effort and hard work aimed at improving our professional skills! I've got a lot from this course as a teacher! Determined to go on and make to the end of Capstone 2! See you soon! 🙏😊🤝

By ivy k

Apr 7, 2021

I loved this class - i particularly enjoy the way it is structured in bite-size easily digestible modules - with just the vital information condensed in a sticky way! Also love the story lines and the characters. I particularly liked the game show format for this entire course...

By Orkhan J N

Oct 25, 2020

Attending at this course helped me to learn a lot on teaching listening, speaking and pronunciation techniques. I am sure that learning these techniques will be very helpful in my future teaching process. Thanks for your support and effort.

By Hashem E

May 23, 2020

it's really an amazing course I highly recommend it to any ESL/EFL teacher. its tells you how to deal with ESL learner providing you with valuable and adaptable strategies that make teaching process easier and more effective

By Anthony V B

This course helps me to innovate and nurture my skills and techniques in teaching listening, speaking, and pronunciation away from my conventional methods and strategies. A course that is worth spending time and effort.

By Obruchnikova N

Jul 2, 2019

Thank you very much to the creators of this course and instructors! You are doing a great job! I really like your courses! They are very interesting and helpful! I wish you further creative success and good luck!

By Synthia H

Nov 3, 2020

This course, like the others, is really great. Instructors are very creative in their videos and above all they help students to get better knowledge about teaching English. Thank you Dr. Dixon and Jessica.

By Sara C M

Jun 19, 2020

If you are an ESL teacher, the TESOL courses would add to your existing teaching experience. There are so many new terms and theories that would change the way you approach lesson planning and teaching.

By 利平 L 卢 L

Jan 13, 2019

very thoughtful teaching,

strategic plan with talk show, making the lesson very sticky and interesting.

I'd love to try such different techniques learned from here in my daily teaching.

thanks very much!

By Ella P

Dec 26, 2020

By Muhammed E E

May 7, 2018

It was a very interesting course and I learned a lot of skills in teaching listening, speaking, and pronounciation.

Thank you very much for everyone who provide information and advises in this course.

By Rea B

Jan 12, 2021

By Orrathip G

Sep 9, 2018

I enjoyed learning in this course. The instructors are very good in teaching and I learned more from them. This course is fun and well organized. Thank you both of the instructors.

By Zainab M I

Jul 12, 2019

This course teaches you how to teach listening, speaking and pronunciation. The instructors apply all the strategies and techniques, so it is not just in a lecture form.

By Pham N P V

Mar 29, 2018

This course is amazing! Very interesting display, interactive instructors and motivating. Thank you so much for those who built it. I really appreciate your great work.

By Anna M C

Feb 3, 2018

Thank you so much for your devotion and knowledge you shared with me. I really appreciate it and you gave me lot's of advice for my teaching, Best wishes from Poland:)

By Shahid I

Oct 16, 2020

The course was as great as the last ones. Although the language in the quizzes are usually error free, I found some typos in the questions in quizzes. Please check.

By NAKITENDE R

Very dynamic instructors,Dr.Shane Dixon,Jessica Cinco,Dr. justin Shewell,Thank you.It has been a very interesting,practical course from the beginning to the end.

By Wang L

Nov 8, 2016

It is organized very well and the materials in this course are very useful for teaching. the teachers are very passionate and lovely. I like this course very much!