Back to Teach English Now! Second Language Reading, Writing, and Grammar

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Second Language Reading, Writing, and Grammar by Arizona State University

In this course, you will learn ideas for teaching reading and writing courses, and how to include grammar instruction within them. Learn how to help students with differing types of reading problems and how to implement both intensive and extensive reading strategies. Learn strategies to engage students in the stages of writing--pre-writing, writing, and post-writing. Find out about different writing problems that students may encounter. Incorporate grammar through the use of noticing and input enhancement....

PM
Jan 20, 2021

Although the skits are cheesy, they improve comprehension of the concepts discussed throughout the course. The course was still meaningful because it teaches you to integrate all skills in one lesson.

AE
Aug 28, 2020

I appreciate to Coursera and also for Arizona State University to help me learn more about English like reading, Writing and Grammar and also I want to add the Speaking as well.\n\nThanks fir all!!!

101 - 125 of 507 Reviews for Teach English Now! Second Language Reading, Writing, and Grammar

By Marc P

Sep 14, 2016

I really enjoyed this course ! It was well-organized and very creative to explain the "reading, writing and grammar" of the English language.

By Álvaro A S V

Dec 18, 2020

This course was packed full of fun and engaging activities. It was really helpful with strategies and techniques for writing and reading.

By Anna F

Dec 7, 2020

I enjoy looking at the material creatively presented by the ASU teachers as well as working with other students from all over the word.

By Marina B

Sep 9, 2019

It has been helping me a lot! The classes are very well structured and very easy to understand. I’m very satisfied with the classes!

By Njonkoa K A C

Mar 20, 2018

This is so the best learning platform. At, first i thought it was very difficult but when i started to learned, i find it very easy.

By ivy k

Mar 11, 2021

I loved this class, especially the use of metaphors for each section - the fairy tales made all the lessons sticky and memorable.

By Orrathip G

Sep 23, 2018

I so enjoy this course! The course makes me more understand in teaching reading, writing, and grammar in second/foreign language.

By Z. A Y

Oct 12, 2018

This is a great course. I enjoyed it very much. The teaching style of the teachers and the content is overwhelming and helpful.

By Ana M C

Jun 24, 2020

Such a fun, interactive and engaging course! I love the creativity behind the videos and the practicability of the assignments!

By lei c

Oct 17, 2017

TESOL training can improve my classroom practice, helping me make my curriculum more accessible to a broader range of learners.

By Patricia K

Apr 25, 2021

Many thanks to Dr. Dixon and Jessica Cinco who made this course fun and interesting. I am on my way to become a good teacher.

By MAURICIO C T

Mar 23, 2019

Fantastic the content offered on this course. I have been learning much much much more. Thank you all that make it come true.

By Maria C

Mar 15, 2020

These courses cover many different teaching styles and the lessons are very visual which is great for retaining information.

By Barika E

Jan 4, 2019

Incredibly helpful class for teachers who are actively teaching. You can apply what you learn immediately to your classroom.

By Razia S

Jun 27, 2020

This course was really effective and interesting. I was able to learn what is Micro Lesson and how to plan a Micro Lesson.

By José H G

May 28, 2017

Es un curso excelente , me ha hecho explorar y me ha preparado para comenzar a desarrollar habilidades que tenía latentes.

By Vidal Y

Feb 19, 2021

Participating in this great experience has been genial.... this course is a very very good experience for me...

Thanks you

By Sonia I S C

Dec 8, 2020

Thanks for all. I like the materials, the tutors, and the strategies. This course teaches me how to smile in my classes.

By Bum J K

Jan 7, 2020

Thank you for everything!

Thanks to this course, I could learn a lot of useful tips for teaching English!

Thank you again!

By Joe S

May 29, 2018

This course really inspired me to focus more on the less attractive aspects of ELT such as reading, writing and grammar.

By Daria B

Mar 19, 2018

Thanks for the course. It's really informative and fun. I've learnt a lot. Looking forward to getting my certificate! :)

By Elías O E

Jun 15, 2020

Excellent course, great material, and dynamic professors. Thank you so much for your teaching, enthusiasm, and support!

By Sarah

Feb 14, 2017

I learned some really helpful strategies and gained a better understanding on the teacher/ student/author relationship.

By Arturo O

May 19, 2017

I really enjoy watching the videos, the instructors Jessica Cinco and Shane Dixon are amazing! the best course so far!

By Nina E M

Dec 22, 2020

A very beneficial course. Thanks for providing us with such a great opportunity to develop our abilities in teaching.