Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

MV
Jan 30, 2019

This is an outstanding course! I was able to change into a more positive and productive mindset as taught in this course. I highly recommend it to everyone regardless of your profession or background.

DM
Jan 8, 2021

This course has the power enough to change the course of your life. It can be a journey from misery to well being, if you follow the instructions given in this program. A must must must attend course.

9301 - 9325 of 9,637 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

By Prakash S

Aug 13, 2019

Very well structured. And 'rewirement' is excellent idea.

Presentation could have been done better, different background, professor standing/walking... etc to make class more interesting.

By Erica F J

Mar 13, 2019

The class was very informative and provided good insight into how to achieve my own happiness. The class would be more engaging if there were a way to have discussions with the professor.

By Pam R

Jun 7, 2020

I thought it was very thought provoking and gave me a different perspective on what makes me happy and being intentional in learning different things to help me build healthy habits.

By Kate H

Aug 29, 2020

This course was really helpful, especially so during the coronavirus pandemic. I found the lectures really engaging and I've come away from it with lots to think about. Thanks Yale!

By CARLOS M M

Jun 1, 2020

This is not the end for me... Merely my starting point. Thank you Laurie for sharing your knowledge and experiences. I pledge to use these new skills for the rest of the 2020 year.

By Ka M H

Definitely learned a lot about what makes me happy!!! I was able to pick up exercising, and even when I fell out of it after my internship started, my happiness score increased!

By Remko v K

I really enjoyed taking this course. It's a good recap of a lot of things you secretly already know. But seeing it all together like this make you see it in a clear perspective

By Robert

Jun 24, 2019

I'm still in the first week of the course, yet, so far, the material presented is absolutely phenomenal. I'm thrilled to continue learning and researching this amazing concept.

By Charu S

Jul 22, 2020

Must take course. I have enjoyed the most : Getting to know the techniques of the brain, how it can trick us. Methods of living a healthy life not only physically but mentally.

By Sebastian M

Jul 13, 2020

It's a nice course, but it was a bit hard to finish because it's not so dense in information. Also, the mood was too flower power for me, but I understand why it's like that.

By Komal V

Oct 8, 2020

Found it a bit repetitive at some point, but definitely worth doing this course. It really helps you find inner peace and helps you in many ways to be happy within yourself.

By Antoaneta

May 9, 2020

I'm in spirituality and yoga for many years so most of the course was nothing new for me. But there were things described from other perspective that gave me more awareness.

By ADITYA P

Jul 31, 2020

ONE OF THE BEST INSIGHTFUL COURSE AMAZING TAKE ON OURSELF ESPECIALLY THE TECHNIQUE PROVIDED THE TOOLS TO ACHIEVE IS JUST MIND BLOWING DEFINTELY ENROLL DONT MISS OUT ON THIS

By Arleen H

Jun 24, 2020

I loved the professor and the course but would have liked a certificate actually sent from the school not one I paid $50 to print out myself. That didnt make me happy...lol

By Leonardo R C

Sep 10, 2020

I would like to recommend to use more simple graphics to explain the concepts because the graphics that they were used during the course was difficult to understand them

By Chesay C

May 3, 2020

Overall a great course, very informative, offering great personal insights to a learner o well-being and mindfulness as a daily practice. I would recommend this course.

By steve k

enjoyed it very much, especially the first 6 weeks of the class which featured many lectures and guest videos.... great information... quite helpful and enlightening.

By Nanjappa C

Jun 30, 2020

Very good teacher and kept me attentive.

Need to find out how to obtain tha completion CERTIFICATE that I paid for. Do not know whom to contact

Nanjappa Chandramohan

By Taghreed

Apr 24, 2018

In simple words, semi-brief way and proved studies, the materials of this course are handled to convince you with the proper way to live happy with a wellbeing mind.

By Kathryn T

Jul 27, 2020

The course is good. Some redundancy, yet a lot of material which could be added that applies to happiness left out. I'm sure the in class material is more in depth.

By Catherine S E

Jun 30, 2020

I enjoyed this class greatly and will take what I have learned and move onward and upward from there. Thank you for allowing me to be part of the YALE community!

By Uyen T

Jul 27, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this class. It was great to learn during quarantine and also focus on the positives In our lives, especially during a difficult time for all.

By Emma P

Jun 18, 2020

References to social media could be updated -- much has changed since 2005, particularly with all we are going through with the pandemic and Black Lives Matters.

By Michael P S

Jun 9, 2020

Highly recommend this course to everybody. It has certainly assisted me in becoming a happier and better person. The world could use the benefits of this course.

By Ken S

Nov 8, 2019

Beneficial for my own evolution as a person and wellness coach. Solid tools built on research. I enjoy the honesty of knowing what to do but not always doing it.