Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

MV

Jan 31, 2019

This is an outstanding course! I was able to change into a more positive and productive mindset as taught in this course. I highly recommend it to everyone regardless of your profession or background.

JR

Love this course! Best class I’ve taken. I teach Social Skills and there are so many things I can incorporate into my classes as well as tools I can use in my own life! - Thank You!\n\nJessica Rhoades

101 - 125 of 8,478 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

By Maribel R

Sep 06, 2018

Professor Santos,

Thank you for providing this free online course. It was very informative, well presented, and enjoyable. The ideas have and will make a difference in how I view happiness and what I choose in order to have a balanced, fulfilled life.

By Amanda H

Jun 18, 2020

A great thing to learn about during quarantine. I feel like all of the rewirements helped me stay sane during this time. Meditation, exercise and understanding how our brain works was so beneficial and I see myself continuing with these practices.

By Paula R

Mar 22, 2020

This is a wonderful course to discover the steps necessary to take control of life and the joy in it. Thank you for offering these tools to the masses, the skills are gifts that I will carry with me and continue to share with my family forever.

By Brishti N

Jun 21, 2020

I found this course very interesting. It changed some of my perspectives for certain things. It helped me to understand the real meaning of happiness and the means to achieve it scientifically. This is one of the best courses I have ever done.

By Santiago O M

Jun 20, 2020

Best course ever! After taking this course i was fascinanted with the way professor Santos approached the topic. The truth is that this course inspired me. I liked this course so much that now I would love to attend to Yale to study my major.

By Nicole K

Jun 19, 2020

This course has changed my daily routine, it has changed my life! I liked it so much that I was always motivated to go on with it - 10 weeks long (to my own suprise). I am very grateful for this experience and will keep the new habbits.

By Richard R

Mar 23, 2020

loved this course! loved the prof! GI Joe Fallacy is a game changer. I have all the books suggested on my wish list but I had to pick up Rethinking Positive Thinking by Gabriele Oettingen so I can woop my life!

Gabriele Oettingen

By Dany F

Mar 27, 2020

Well-researched and presented in a way that’s easy to understand and implement. The course effectively uses science and data to backup the ideas and help us overcome some of the tricks and obstacles that our brains put in our way.

By Anurag G

Mar 18, 2020

A must do course to understand how one can enhance happiness. All modules are very nicely designed and introduced so nicely by Professor Laurie Santos. She totally changed my perception of seeing Psychology as a boring subject.

By Swee C

Jun 20, 2020

I love how simply put these concepts were. They are achievable, if we just put a little effort, a little mindfulness, some kindness and gratitude in our lives! The world will be a better place, even the animals will be happier!

By Diana S

Mar 25, 2020

I would recommend this course to everyone. This is a must take course. You will learn valuable skills tand gain knowledge. You will learn to enhance and maintain wellbeing. This course will also help enhance personal growth.

By Devaney C

Mar 29, 2020

I really enjoyed this course! I will continue using the new practices I have learned to help me with my happiness and gratitude. I also enjoyed being informed about which books I could read to learn more about this course.

By Christin M

Mar 27, 2020

Very useful with very practical tips and things you can do easily and directly. I liked the weeks of training/rewirement at the end to really stick to the things you had planned to do instead of ending the course earlier.

By Aundrea E

Jul 02, 2020

This was a fantastic course. The material was engaging, relevant and the self-guided pace worked well with a full-time job. I definitely gained a lot from this course and hope to keep the positive momentum going.

By Maya S

Jul 02, 2020

This course was very interesting and really helpful. I learned so much about what truly makes me happy, and now I know how I can use this knowledge to live a happier life. I highly recommend taking this course.

By Lyn-Dee E

Mar 27, 2020

This course will help others be mindful of their own actions, responses and lives. To have 100% results you must apply everything you have learned the The Science of Well-Being.

Wishing everyone a happier life!

By Jinna L

Jun 19, 2020

This course helped me finding myself during the Covid 19, when I got furloughed from my job, feeling blue. I started meditation with gratitude exercises and my goal is to practice it every morning. Thank you!

By Andrea C

Sep 21, 2018

I am in love with this course, it has helped me be aware of my own happiness and my mood. I have been putting into practice all the aspects of the course and I can say that my life has changed for the better.

By Masooma A

Mar 26, 2020

This course has been life changing. I urge anyone who feels like they are too caught up in things around them to take this course and learn how to look at everything around us and within us in a new light.

By Susan C

Aug 15, 2020

The course was a wonderful combination of science and practical guidance. I appreciated the pace and th lectures, as well as the recommendations to personally activate well-being practice in my own life.

By Altea M

Jun 19, 2020

I highly recommend this course for anyone who wants to work on themselves. It helped me reinforce good habits, as well as consider what is important to me and what presents unnecessary stress in my life.

By Jeannette A

Jun 20, 2020

The course was very engaging and informative. I learned a lot about the science of positive psychology, the importance of well-being and how we can improve our happiness. Laurie is a great professor!

By Sarah G

Sep 22, 2020

The instructor is engaging and easy to learn from. The real-world exercises are practical and easy to do. You do a survey on your happiness at the beginning and end, and I did see a difference!

By Dr. Y S A

Jun 19, 2020

I found thia course very interesting and very involving. It changed my concept about amny things. I now try to seek positivity in everythng around me. I feel better now than before. Thanku Yale

By M F

Jun 19, 2020

Highly practical and applicable, you will be Doing, not just Listening. You'll have the opportunity to test your 'before' and 'after' levels of happiness - mine increased significantly.