Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

AA
Jan 12, 2021

This course really helped me a lot, I am grateful with Laurie Santos and her team, the people involved into this great project. The oriented me into understanding valuable states of being and actions.

EN
May 30, 2019

I absolutely enjoyed and learned a lot about happiness from this course. I will definitely recommend it to my peers, as it gets me to the core from my misconceptions to developing the right practices.

101 - 125 of 10,000 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

By Kim C

Jun 19, 2020

Fabulous online course. Really helpful and enjoyable, feel so much happier due to the content!

By Amanda K

Mar 18, 2020

Such an amazing, informative class!

I honestly never finish anything and this was well worth it!

By Sarah G

Sep 27, 2018

This course was a life changer for me. I feel so lucky to have been able to be a part of it.

By Teri P

Jun 19, 2020

Highly recommend. If everyone would take this class, the world would be a better place. :)

By Natalie M

Jul 2, 2020

Couldn't recommend it enough! What an incredible way to spend my time during the pandemic.

By Eva P

Jun 19, 2020

I loved this course. It is so helpful for anyone who wants to live a more content life.

By Angela M

Mar 26, 2020

Fantastic course. What a gift you give the world!

By Erika K

Feb 23, 2019

Very good class. I do wish it was a bit more intellectually challenging. I'm not sure if it was made palatable for the general public or if this is the level of instruction at Yale.

By Mary O

Apr 13, 2021

Professor Santos is a perfectly lovely teacher, however I am un-enrolling in The Science of Well-Being. I feel the age demographic is too far from me to be able to apply the lessons to my own life. The emphasis on social contact in this age of pandemic lock down is out of touch with how people are living at this point. If the class was updated to reflect current events I would be more interested.

By Timothy S

Apr 13, 2020

The course seems to plod along with a fair amount of self-aggrandizing and Yale-aggrandizing but none of the content is very weighty or coherent. The teacher uses no materials or exhibition tools to presents the course content.

By Tyson K

Nov 5, 2019

Little bit fluffy, i wouldnt call alot of this psychology science. more theory than anything.

By Shilpa N

May 29, 2019

Went too fast and did not find engaging

Oct 25, 2020

This course was simply not for me. I never finished because it wasn't engaging.

By Bhooshan M

Aug 29, 2020

Not very engaging

By Catharine H

Apr 19, 2020

Incredible professor that really knows how to communicate well her thoughts and data to people with every kind of level of education, very eloquent, well spoken and well read. Great information about how to increase your overall happiness and well-being (many of my conceptions of what would make me happy were actually proven to be false). Very grateful for these classes, it helped a lot in my day to day routine: I was able to chance some habits to healthier ones and by the end of the course I definitely felt an improvement in my well-being as a whole, using the techniques teached in the classes (such as how to use my signature strengths and how to work in jobs that require me being challenged yet also being something manageable, not causing me to be anxious or feeling incompetent). It really helps you career wise, and also in your personal life, improving your social connections and giving actual strategies to improve your happiness in a very doable way.

By Aditi K

Jun 18, 2020

this is the best course i have ever studied. course has provided with better lifestyle skills, rewirement. the professor is very engaging. the video are made so perfectly, it feels like one is present in real before her. the reading material is provided with all notes ,books recommendation, you tube video links. assignment are designed is very interested manner. most appreciable are the rewirement that are given and to keep track of these tracking PDF is provided. the best is the way professor Santos has spoken in. if you are reading my review and is thinking of opting is course definitely go for it. this course has changed my lifestyle, way of doing stuffs, my thinking, and at the great level my happiness has increased.

By Carolline D

Jun 2, 2020

I am grateful for the opportunity to take this class for free. It not only has an abundance of resources throughout each week, but you can print the material, do the homework, and learn tremendously. The lectures of the course are reassuring that happiness is built from kindness, gratitude, social connection, savoring, exercise, sleep and meditation. The resources (TedTalks, books, articles, etc.) are fascinating and they provide justification and knowledge to the many hypotheses and theories discussed during class. I feel happier and have learned that this feeling can be compounded when focusing on the right things. I would highly recommend this course to my friends and family. Thank you!!

By Melinda S

Jun 18, 2020

The Science of Well-Being course proved particularly helpful to me during the early months of the pandemic. While I am an older student, I learned some valuable tools to incorporate in to my life. For my rewirement challenge, I chose daily meditation. I waited awhile to review this course because I wanted to see if the changes I made would "stick." I am happy to report that meditation has become a necessary part of my daily life and I have continued to make progress.

Totally unrelated to the course content, I am very curious where the chair that Ms. Santos sits in during her videos is from. I really don't expect an response to this but I really like that chair. 😊

By Gail M

Jun 18, 2020

The course presented scientific evidence in a fun, friendly, and easy to follow manner. It was not too heavy of a committment, making it easier to keep up. I enjoyed doing the rewirements, as it gave a focus to what we were learning and served as a reminder to help behavioral change. The final four assignment came during a very stressful and emotional time, which has concluded happily, so this could have impacted my scores. However, I believe that I have useful tools and knowledge to move forward with a better sense of overall well being and a better understanding of how others find happiness.

By Karin V

Oct 7, 2020

I loved participating in this class. It was fun and full of information. Professor Santos has a very specific style of teaching that really brings you into the lessons she is lecturing about. I found that actually doing these exercises as they were recommended in the class were very beneficial to my daily life. It brought an awareness to my daily habits and routines that helps me perform better than I did prior to taking the class. Thank you Professor Santos for this opportunity to learn with you and bring more happiness into not only my life, but all those around me as well.

By Srikar C

Mar 28, 2020

Science of Well Being Course Offered by Yale and Dr. Laurie Santos is a Course that I highly recommend to anyone seeking to improve their happiness and well-being. The points suggested in the course for improving our happiness and Well being is backed by Research and Science. It has Greatly helped me identify areas where I can focus more and improve my happiness. It also helped me understand why we as humans do things (unintentionally) that are actually counter productive to our well-being and Happiness.

By Abu B S A

Professor Laurie Santos is one of the most influential, polite, interactive and engaging teachers I've ever come across. They way she has shaped this course is brilliant, the assignments, the videos, the reading materials everything is so informative that one can't resist to write a 5-star review about her and this course. This course has really helped me in improving my personal well-being and as well as has kept me connected with my inner self to learn new things and to explore my own personality.

By Julie A

May 16, 2020

This course, taught by Laurie Santos, provides videos, materials and additional resources to put in place mindfulness of discovering the true happiness we all desire and have within us. Her approach to teaching is honest, as she self reflects on her personal experience, allowing a connection with her students. The course would serve anyone at any age to prioritize their happiness goals using their personal strengths and strategies provided within the course. A great course to take over and over!

By Susan C

May 23, 2020

Dr. Santos, your course was so refreshing and relevant for the stressors of every day but especially now in the middle of this Pandemic. So thought-provoking and challenging that I was talking about it to family and friends! Your stepwise approach, provided research and videos with other scientists really helped me see many ways to stabilize parts of my own life and offer help to others as well. Your work is wonderful and I am so grateful I stepped into it especially now in such a time as this.

By Kevin F M

Mar 26, 2020

It is well worth the time to take this course. I learned a lot about myself - my signature strengths - and the sometimes simple things we can do to improve our overall well-being. Knowing there is scientific support is particularly useful, as this isn't just someone's suggestions. It will take some commitment to incorporate some of the rewirements into everyday life, but that's the point: to follow them will hopefully contribute to a more contented outlook and an overall improvement in well-being.