Back to Tricky American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Tricky American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you’ll practice the sounds of American English that might sometimes be confusing. You'll practice both consonant and vowel sounds. You’ll also learn about the things that give English its special “music,” such as how to stress the right syllable in a word, how to make your voice go up and down in a natural-sounding melody, and how to naturally connect sounds and words. Learning these things will help you speak more clearly and make sure that others can understand what you're saying. This course is useful for English language learners who want to improve pronunciation of American English for better communication. Note that access to all of the lectures and handouts are free to anyone, but the graded assignments and quizzes are only available in the paid version of the course. You will need to submit recordings of your own pronunciation for graded assignments....

MA

Aug 24, 2017

I really recommend this course for all who want to improve their English skills.\n\nit was exciting.I am really enjoyed this course.\n\nCoursera is the best.

FU

Apr 28, 2017

Just finished the free mode course. This course is really great. I was expecting a lot from it, and I am very surprised it exceeded my expectations.

1 - 25 of 158 Reviews for Tricky American English Pronunciation

By Carlos D

Nov 05, 2017

If English is not you native language, you can benefit enormously from this course, specially if you have been speaking English for a long time.

By Mahmoud S K

Mar 02, 2019

very good course. It helped me improve my pronunciation with clear tips.

I recommend it for everyone who wants to learn the English language

By Fernando H U

Apr 28, 2017

By Nayara S

Mar 25, 2019

Muito proveitoso! Nunca pensei que entenderia professores nativos falando tudo em inglês, são bastante didáticos, o curso é maravilhoso. indiquei para muitos amigos, pena não poder, no momento, poder pagar para ter um certificado e participar dos testes. maravilhoso! Quem puder faça que não se arrependerá.

By Mayar A

Aug 24, 2017

it was exciting.I am really enjoyed this course.

Coursera is the best.

By Amal H M

Jan 14, 2018

it is very helpful, i usfuled very much for this course and i liked the way to explain. i advice any one to take this course.

By Gurpal S R

Jul 25, 2017

Really a wonderful course and I picked up few interesting things like how helpful an innocuous looking technique of "shadowing a speech" can be, connected speech nuances, musicality element of speech, prosodic components etc etc.

MCQ assignments were really complementing the course content coverage and really brought in some challenging set of questions. At the same time though i felt some where those audio assignments were a tad easy to do, but no complaints about the overall content. This is my 4th course with UCI and I must say they have a wonderfulllllllll team and above all COURSERA I love you a lot..... May all success come to Coursera all the time...

By Santiago H T

Dec 11, 2018

Es un curso práctico y fácil de realizar, te proporciona útiles herramientas lingüísticas para hablar de forma natural. Este curso también te ayudará a entender algunos sonidos característicos del inglés americano, lo cual también te ayudará a mejorar tu nivel de comprensión oral.

By erick a n

Feb 08, 2020

The course is excellent. It has opened my eyes to pronunciation patterns that at times seemed impossible to achieve and made them achievable. I'll share the course knowledge with my students and recommend they take it themselves, in order to improve their own pronunciation.

By Marcia B T

Feb 05, 2018

Although I did not upgrade to the paid version, the course has helped me identifying and pronouncing different sounds and clusters. In addition, I learned that recording my voice while speaking in English and shadowing conversations are very useful and effective exercises.

By Pablo

Aug 24, 2017

Since the beginning I thought this course could help me improve my pronunciation in English. But it is a resource to all teachers who want to give simple examples to students to speak better, and for anyone who wants to speak and pronounce more naturally.

By Nelly S

Apr 16, 2017

This is an amazing course! You learn not only the correct way to pronounce words, but you also become a better listener as you now have a "logic" rather than an intuitive understanding about how to speak that most teachers don't really teach you.

By Eugene Z

Sep 26, 2017

Великолепный курс. Ничего лишнего. Великолепная подача материала позволяет понять все тонкости произношения, которому, к моему глубокому сожалению, не все изучающие язык уделяют должное внимание. Огромное спасибо преподавателям...

By Vladimir N

Aug 14, 2019

Thanks for this course. I've audited it. The course was very interesting. I've known many new things for me. it's very understandable course. i'm gonna recommend this course to my friends, who only begins studing english.

By Ekaterina

Nov 05, 2019

It was the most interesting course for me here. It's easy and straightforward. There are a lot of important details, nice tests, and my favorite shadowing. I loved it. I would gladly do the advanced course in the future.

By Blackwood

Mar 16, 2018

This course is helpful for students from non-english speaking country. But, you should know that this course isn't a course for everything about pronunciation. For 'tricky' pronunciation, I'll recommend this course.

By Tatiane B

Jun 18, 2017

I'm still taking the course, but I can not stay without leaving my comment. He is simply wonderful. Congratulations to the team that idealized it.

Sorry for the mistakes but I'm starting to study English.

By CARLOS E S P

Jan 21, 2020

Excelente curso! Adorei a metodologia e as avaliações. Sem dúvida, ele me ajudou bastante a melhorar minhas habilidades de comunicação na variedade americana da língua inglesa.

By Jesús s P

Nov 18, 2019

Es una excelente plataforma en la que poco a poco estoy desarrollando mi pronunciación y lectura de inglés y no es lo único que ofrece esta app.

Hay muchas más cosas!!!

By Magdalena G

Mar 23, 2018

Very useful course! I have learnt many new things. Before I had known that I pronounce some words incorrectly because I was unaware of phonemic symbols.

By Anupama S

Dec 04, 2019

I'm so glad that you designed this course. Very Very much helpful. Thanks

I love studying on Coursera Community and recommend this to all.

By Arthur T

Oct 24, 2019

I corrected my pronunciation, began to speak more confidently and clearly. Great course. I am very grateful for such an opportunity.

By Luis E R S

Nov 14, 2019

This course is excellent! It helps a lot and gives very good advice to sound more fluid. Thanks for everything! Keep in that way!

By 力 張

Mar 04, 2018

This course is nice. I practice my English pronounciation very well. By the way, it can help me understand spoken English easily

By Yingke Y

Sep 05, 2017

Excellent course. I found so many subtle mistakes when speaking English, which I hardly recognized before taking this course.