Back to Think Again I: How to Understand Arguments

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Think Again I: How to Understand Arguments by Duke University

In this course, you will learn what an argument is. The definition of argument will enable you to identify when speakers are giving arguments and when they are not. Next, you will learn how to break an argument into its essential parts, how to put them in order to reveal their connections, and how to fill in gaps in an argument by adding suppressed premises. By the end of this course, you will be better able to understand and appreciate arguments that you and other people present. Suggested Readings: Students who want more detailed explanations or additional exercises or who want to explore these topics in more depth should consult Understanding Arguments: An Introduction to Informal Logic, Ninth Edition, Concise, Chapters 1-5, by Walter Sinnott-Armstrong and Robert Fogelin. Course Format: Each week will be divided into multiple video segments that can be viewed separately or in groups. There will be short ungraded quizzes after each segment (to check comprehension) and a longer graded quiz at the end of the course....

FY
Jul 5, 2018

I found this course very challenging as I find critical thinking very difficult. However this course was extremely rewarding and I will be taking the other three modules in the Think Again series.

SM
Jun 10, 2020

251 - 275 of 623 Reviews for Think Again I: How to Understand Arguments

By Nidhi R

Nov 21, 2016

LOVED this course!! Loved professor's engaging ways to explain complicated concepts in logic

By Gregg B

Jun 15, 2020

Not what I was expecting but I got a lot out of it and enjoyed all the lectures. thank you

By John O R

Apr 26, 2020

I really enjoyed this class and I hope to take what I learned from it to advance my career

By Ariana H

Dec 3, 2016

Great course; highly informative. Good teaching that makes the subject easy to understand.

By Michael S

Nov 21, 2016

Easy to understand and fun. Professor explains concepts thoroughly. Would Highly recommend

By Lucia M

Nov 27, 2018

Great course to learn how to deconstruct arguments and check for soundness and validity.

By alex m

Oct 16, 2020

El curso es muy bueno, muy bien explicado y me será de gran utilidad. ¡Muchas gracias!

By Nasir A

Mar 30, 2019

Very informative and learned many things from this course thanks for great improvement

By Dylan

May 4, 2018

Really interesting and balanced so far. I'm looking forward to completing this course.

By Roberto O P

Jan 3, 2018

Excellent. This course will help everyone to understand different situations in life.

By Edelweis H G R

Nov 2, 2016

Nice and valuable course because you learn effectively the theory about how to argue.

By 刘颂康

Aug 26, 2017

Well, this course is a good start for everyone who wants to study critical thinking!

By Gail R

Aug 7, 2020

Great class to develop critical thinking skills in addition to being informative.

By Sudip p

Apr 25, 2020

this courses challenges your thinking capability into numerous ways. worth taking

By David B

Dec 5, 2019

Awesome! I do really appreciate the time passed here. I learned a lot. Thank you!

By Julia Y

Apr 9, 2018

Well done, a little hard to follow at some points but overall a very good course.

By Dayo-Olaide T

This is an amazing course. I feel that everyone should take part in this course.

By Ha P V

Oct 4, 2020

This course is really understandable and exciting to learn. Good work

Keep it up

By Pham D D N

Apr 30, 2017

this course is comprehensible, interesting and so useful for me comprehensible

By Ana K

Sep 14, 2020

The course has an easy way to learn and to comprenhense what an argument is.

By Daphne L S

Oct 15, 2017

I liked it a lot, very well explained, I will enroll to the following course

By Muhamad R S

May 3, 2020

This course is incredibly has a good method of learning, I enjoy it so much

By Meherazul A

Jul 5, 2020

Loved Professor Sinnott-Armstrong's lectures! They were extremely helpful.

By Angelika

Jul 14, 2017

What a fun course! The content is presented in a clear, accessible manner.