Back to University Teaching

Learner Reviews & Feedback for University Teaching by The University of Hong Kong

University Teaching is an introductory course in teaching and learning in tertiary education, designed by staff at the Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning at the University of Hong Kong. With input from instructors, guests and interviewees, including teaching award winners, students, and experts in the fields, you will be exposed to research evidence in relation to effective university teaching and practical instructional design strategies. You will also be exposed to multiple examples of effective teaching, and hear the views of teachers whose teaching has been judged to be excellent. More specifically, University Teaching will help you to address the following questions: - What does teaching in higher education involve? - What does research evidence tell us about effective teaching in higher education? - How can we ensure that our instructional design will help our students achieve their intended learning outcomes? - What pedagogic options do we have to make our teaching successful? - What assessment and feedback practices can help our students learn more effectively? After completing the learning tasks in this course, you will be able to: - Discuss the teaching and learning context in higher education and reflect on the potential challenges and opportunities you might encounter. - Explain key teaching and learning concepts and relevant evidence in relation to effective university teaching. - Analyse the relationships between various aspects of teaching and student learning. - Identify a range of instructional strategies to support effective student learning. - Apply key concepts to the structuring of course outlines and lesson plans in order to create learning experiences to support successful student learning. Course trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJu-dViz3NE Course outline: http://www.cetl.hku.hk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/CETL-MOOC-course-outline.pdf...

SA

May 25, 2019

Thanks Coursera forum to give me the good opportunity to learn something new. Thanks our honorable instructors for giving me useful information about the teaching... Thanks

JS

Oct 13, 2019

Really good with real world examples supported by research. I was very pleased with the course and would recommend it to anyone starting teaching at a university.

26 - 50 of 69 Reviews for University Teaching

By Vincent L

Feb 19, 2018

It was very interesting and helps with developing the ability to teach others.

By Karen I i

Jun 23, 2018

The course is a compilation of what we need to know to teach a university course.

By Afmida B B

Jun 06, 2018

Good course!

By Tina N W

Dec 05, 2017

The course is useful and is able to show me various good teaching techniques. I have more idea about the higher education teaching, the objectives setting, the assignment design and the way of feedback. This sets as a starting point for university teaching, and we can really get some interesting and useful ideas and resouces from this course.

By Janette A

Sep 13, 2018

Excellent course. I need to get up to speed with modern University teaching methods and have found this course very helpful and engaging.

By Satish K K

Sep 17, 2018

This is an excellent course in a nutshell. I never thought that entire experience of University Teaching system, modality and methodology can be taught in such a short span and that anyone can get this grade. THANK YOU for teaching us. BIG THANK YOU COURSERA.

By Loo C W

Sep 25, 2018

I have learned a lot especially the issues, challenges and teaching innovation

By Prabavathy.M

Oct 24, 2018

very useful course

By Solange A

Aug 29, 2018

Excelente curso, explican a detalle las buenas prácticas a seguir para tener un buen desempeño como profesor

By Karen I

Aug 18, 2018

I am finding this course to be most interesting.

By Sara M

Apr 04, 2019

Great Course! When i started the course i didn't know much about university teaching, but now i know everything! from different instructional strategies to giving high quality feedback and assessment methods.

By Dongfang L

Apr 24, 2019

It's a good course.

By Peter H

Apr 28, 2019

This course is a way more effective than I thought. Key-knowledge, easy to sustain attention and high quality in design.

By SONGU T

Mar 28, 2019

The course has introduced me to a lot of new concepts, especially, teaching in tertiary education. I never knew about most of these concepts, and I am glad i have just learnt something new. Thank you HKU and Coursera.

By Sidra A

May 25, 2019

By Cassandra D S

May 27, 2019

Course covered relevant and timely topics in a thorough and methodical way. This should be completed by all first time college lecturers. Video sessions were varied and engaging. I will definitely use the readings and my notes. Excellent course!

By caicai0124

May 31, 2019

it is very helpful

By Ramil A D

Jun 05, 2019

I love the course. I learned a lot.

By Nguyen Q P

Jun 19, 2019

Very interesting and well prepared materials. I love the course very much. I now feel more confident if I receive a teaching job in the future. Thank you very much to all participated in the videos, especially the two wonderful instructors.

By Mohammad S A P

Jun 29, 2019

This course surely will force me to change my teaching style and of course navigate me to a more revised teaching style.

By Laila S

Aug 02, 2019

A very well thought out course. The online resources were easily accessible and the time to read them and to do the assignments was more than sufficient. I am very happy with the mix of practice and theory in this course.

By Mohammed E E

Sep 22, 2019

Very informative very useful!

By Pasquale G

Sep 23, 2019

Nice, well done, nice videos. It covers almost all the basic aspects of pedagogical training and it has been very useful.

By Do D K

Oct 13, 2019

Course is very meaningful. After completing the course, I found a new teaching method from the useful knowledge taught by the professor and applied my teaching at schools and companies.

By Joseph S