Back to University Teaching

Learner Reviews & Feedback for University Teaching by The University of Hong Kong

University Teaching is an introductory course in teaching and learning in tertiary education, designed by staff at the Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning at the University of Hong Kong. With input from instructors, guests and interviewees, including teaching award winners, students, and experts in the fields, you will be exposed to research evidence in relation to effective university teaching and practical instructional design strategies. You will also be exposed to multiple examples of effective teaching, and hear the views of teachers whose teaching has been judged to be excellent. More specifically, University Teaching will help you to address the following questions: - What does teaching in higher education involve? - What does research evidence tell us about effective teaching in higher education? - How can we ensure that our instructional design will help our students achieve their intended learning outcomes? - What pedagogic options do we have to make our teaching successful? - What assessment and feedback practices can help our students learn more effectively? After completing the learning tasks in this course, you will be able to: - Discuss the teaching and learning context in higher education and reflect on the potential challenges and opportunities you might encounter. - Explain key teaching and learning concepts and relevant evidence in relation to effective university teaching. - Analyse the relationships between various aspects of teaching and student learning. - Identify a range of instructional strategies to support effective student learning. - Apply key concepts to the structuring of course outlines and lesson plans in order to create learning experiences to support successful student learning. Course trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJu-dViz3NE Course outline: http://www.cetl.hku.hk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/CETL-MOOC-course-outline.pdf...

SB
Sep 2, 2020

Dear Instructors and course co-ordinators,\n\nI really enjoyed this course. You explained all concepts very clear and in a simple manner. I wish to attend more courses from you. Keep going. Love you.

IH
Oct 10, 2020

Very well laid out and explained. The short videos are clear and on topic, and the quizzes at the end of each module are well reflective of the content. I feel like I learned a lot!

26 - 50 of 270 Reviews for University Teaching

By Sruthy B

Sep 3, 2020

Dear Instructors and course co-ordinators,

By Ida H

Oct 11, 2020

By Tue D

Sep 15, 2021

I find the course well-organized and well-designed. The videos and visitors and materials and scenarios are extremely illustrative and definitely beneficial to the course content. It can be obviously seen there was a great effort in building the course. In addition, the great content can be seen with the extension of course content. Hopefully, the university will bemore successful for these contributions. I was filled with inspiration about ideal models of university programmes that the course wanted to convey. The length of videos and literature reviews are completely labor-intensive. I have no words to say thanks for great knowledge that the course brings about. I hope there will be more courses like this from Hongkong University. You have done the course very well! As compared to other universities, the course is a positive plus regarding professional research work, deep insights on higher education, a promotion of university images as extremely high-quality university, and a sense of responsibilty for learning programmes offered by the university. Thank you for your course, have big successes and good health!!!

By Charles E

Aug 7, 2021

E​xcellent course. The lecturers were clear and concise and provided great examples. The charts and videos were very helpful. The reading material was good at complimenting the lectures. The quizzes were fair and the search function in the program was extremely helpful. I met my goals as it provided me a good foundation for university teaching.

By Bismark L D

Mar 15, 2021

I have really enjoyed the module. I am currently a teacher aspiring to be a lecturer. The course has given me a very big insight into what is expected of me as a teacher and as a lecturer.

I am willing to participate into any future course of this kind. I have already recommended it to colleagues already.

By EDWARD M

Jan 6, 2021

It is a very great course that I would recommend to all the folks to enhance their teaching methodology. It has widen my knowledge in the dispens of information, work, skills, and abilities. It has very creative features that makes so fascinating, which are in line the cutting edge technology.

By Carlos I

Mar 28, 2020

For a person that has limited pedagogy prepraring this course is more than sufficient to start to learn about what are the requirements of a good teacher at the Unversity level. It has helped me become aware of techniques and improving my course outline.

By Dr. K K M

Nov 20, 2020

University Teaching offered by Coursera not only broadens our knowledge about principles, models, and strategies related to university teaching but also gives us the chance to share experiences and opinions with international teaching professionals.

By Koon C C

Oct 6, 2019

The course provides clear theories, steps by steps for explanation of them and enough readings for further understanding the needs in teaching in University. I am sure that it will help students during lecture and apply these theories in practices.

By Cassandra D S

May 26, 2019

Course covered relevant and timely topics in a thorough and methodical way. This should be completed by all first time college lecturers. Video sessions were varied and engaging. I will definitely use the readings and my notes. Excellent course!

By Nguyen Q P

Jun 19, 2019

Very interesting and well prepared materials. I love the course very much. I now feel more confident if I receive a teaching job in the future. Thank you very much to all participated in the videos, especially the two wonderful instructors.

By Albert S C

Dec 13, 2017

A very useful and helpful course that gives you plenty of interesting ideas to directly apply into the courses you teach. It is really worth taking, if you are still a beginner in university teaching and aim to improve your teaching skills.

By Laila S

Aug 2, 2019

A very well thought out course. The online resources were easily accessible and the time to read them and to do the assignments was more than sufficient. I am very happy with the mix of practice and theory in this course.

By SONGU T

Mar 28, 2019

The course has introduced me to a lot of new concepts, especially, teaching in tertiary education. I never knew about most of these concepts, and I am glad i have just learnt something new. Thank you HKU and Coursera.

By Morgan V

Jun 30, 2021

This course was exactly what I was looking for. It delved into the theory and technical aspects of what university teaching looked like. I feel much more confident and prepared to take on a teaching position.

By Sara M

Apr 4, 2019

Great Course! When i started the course i didn't know much about university teaching, but now i know everything! from different instructional strategies to giving high quality feedback and assessment methods.

By Liliana S

Jul 22, 2017

Excellent experience. I am highly satisfied. Information is presented in a clear and engaging way.

Relevant cases. I also learnt from the experience of many other international students.

Highly recommend it.

By MOHAMED A

Dec 15, 2020

when I have learned this course my personal development became high because I understood teaching approaches and overall concepts of teaching and learning. Thank you "The Kong Kong University" & Coursera

By Lily

Nov 6, 2017

I have definitely achieved a lot in this course! The rich video clips, reading materials and appropriate assignements and discussion part have all benefited me a lot and improved my teaching methodology!

By Samarasingha A t

Aug 28, 2020

I leran lot of things. This course is very helpful to the teacher.because we learn how to plan assessment , how to mange class room etc. I think this is very helpful course .

By Kamalanathan C

Aug 15, 2020

It is a wonderful learning experience useful and a very much informative course. Thank you all for tireless

effort makes it easier to understand the university teaching course.

By Sidra A

May 25, 2019

Thanks Coursera forum to give me the good opportunity to learn something new. Thanks our honorable instructors for giving me useful information about the teaching... Thanks

By Thatoe A

Nov 22, 2020

The course is very nice and the instruction videos are extremely explicit. The best factor about this course is the questions. They clarify the lessons in particular ways.

By 刘纪蕊

Jul 27, 2020

The teachers design this course very.There are many usefull theory and examples in the course materials.They attract me to explore more interesting course designed by HKU.

By Claire C

May 13, 2020

Great course, very well designed, and very interesting, providing us with all the tools we need to start in university teaching, without an extensive literature review.