Back to University Teaching

Learner Reviews & Feedback for University Teaching by The University of Hong Kong

University Teaching is an introductory course in teaching and learning in tertiary education, designed by staff at the Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning at the University of Hong Kong. With input from instructors, guests and interviewees, including teaching award winners, students, and experts in the fields, you will be exposed to research evidence in relation to effective university teaching and practical instructional design strategies. You will also be exposed to multiple examples of effective teaching, and hear the views of teachers whose teaching has been judged to be excellent. More specifically, University Teaching will help you to address the following questions: - What does teaching in higher education involve? - What does research evidence tell us about effective teaching in higher education? - How can we ensure that our instructional design will help our students achieve their intended learning outcomes? - What pedagogic options do we have to make our teaching successful? - What assessment and feedback practices can help our students learn more effectively? After completing the learning tasks in this course, you will be able to: - Discuss the teaching and learning context in higher education and reflect on the potential challenges and opportunities you might encounter. - Explain key teaching and learning concepts and relevant evidence in relation to effective university teaching. - Analyse the relationships between various aspects of teaching and student learning. - Identify a range of instructional strategies to support effective student learning. - Apply key concepts to the structuring of course outlines and lesson plans in order to create learning experiences to support successful student learning. Course trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJu-dViz3NE Course outline: http://www.cetl.hku.hk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/CETL-MOOC-course-outline.pdf...

DK

Oct 13, 2019

Course is very meaningful. After completing the course, I found a new teaching method from the useful knowledge taught by the professor and applied my teaching at schools and companies.

SA

May 25, 2019

Thanks Coursera forum to give me the good opportunity to learn something new. Thanks our honorable instructors for giving me useful information about the teaching... Thanks

26 - 50 of 81 Reviews for University Teaching

By Joseph S

Oct 13, 2019

Really good with real world examples supported by research. I was very pleased with the course and would recommend it to anyone starting teaching at a university.

By Urs B

Dec 15, 2017

Compact information, diverse methods, very structured, lots of examples, interviews with practitioners, all the necessary didactics, follow-up links. GREAT!

By Paula M E S

Dec 18, 2017

I enjoyed every session of this course. Every subject is well presented in a very comprehensive and practical way. It is toolboox for university teaching.

By Anastasiia O

Jan 04, 2018

Muy bueno el curso. La información relevante y amplia, diferentes opiniones de profesionales de educación. Vídeos de alta calidad y el sonido perfecto.

By Cynthia M S C

Jan 13, 2019

It is a very complete course that not only shows how to put into practice some important methods for deep learning but explains its importance.

By Janette A

Sep 13, 2018

Excellent course. I need to get up to speed with modern University teaching methods and have found this course very helpful and engaging.

By Yue Q

Jan 07, 2020

我觉得对于以后想从事教育行业、或者已经从事这一行业的人来说,这门课是很有意思的。但是我觉得每一周课后的考核稍微有些简单,而且这些principles运用到实践之中可能就不是这么一回事了。教学是一种实践,这些理论到底能不能很好地运用到实践之中,我作为一个学生很难去评价。

By Victor C

Mar 23, 2020

Best MOOC yet for me, learned a lot, my students will benefit greatly from this course. It changed my entire view on my teaching.

By Mohammad S A P

Jun 29, 2019

This course surely will force me to change my teaching style and of course navigate me to a more revised teaching style.

By Pasquale G

Sep 23, 2019

Nice, well done, nice videos. It covers almost all the basic aspects of pedagogical training and it has been very useful.

By Peter H

Apr 28, 2019

This course is a way more effective than I thought. Key-knowledge, easy to sustain attention and high quality in design.

By Abdul A J

Mar 22, 2020

Quite a good and comprehensive foundational teaching course, with great focus on University and its challenges.

By Eric B G

Mar 03, 2019

It is amazing to learn the fundamentals about what we use to learn in practice. Thanks a lot for this course!

By Erin S

Oct 21, 2019

Flexible with completion and assignments. Many helpful learning and teaching tools and strategies presented.

By Solange A

Aug 29, 2018

Excelente curso, explican a detalle las buenas prácticas a seguir para tener un buen desempeño como profesor

By M.K.Kasun D W

Nov 07, 2018

Well designed course to learn basics of pedagogy that is vitally important to be a university teacher

By Víthor R F

Jan 14, 2020

So great to correct previous bias you had and to validate some things you learned from experience.

By Kilintari M

Oct 24, 2019

Very well structured and presented; reading material provided extremely useful. Thank you.

By WangQian

Dec 25, 2017

clear format, important concept, clear and understandable flipped learning materials.

By Karen I i

Jun 23, 2018

The course is a compilation of what we need to know to teach a university course.

By Loo C W

Sep 25, 2018

I have learned a lot especially the issues, challenges and teaching innovation

By Vincent L

Feb 19, 2018

It was very interesting and helps with developing the ability to teach others.

By Ziaullah

Mar 13, 2020

A great learning platform, thanks coursera and the instructor.

By Sweta M

Oct 09, 2018

the quizes were very intriguing and well designed

By Karen I

Aug 18, 2018

I am finding this course to be most interesting.