Back to University Teaching

Learner Reviews & Feedback for University Teaching by The University of Hong Kong

University Teaching is an introductory course in teaching and learning in tertiary education, designed by staff at the Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning at the University of Hong Kong. With input from instructors, guests and interviewees, including teaching award winners, students, and experts in the fields, you will be exposed to research evidence in relation to effective university teaching and practical instructional design strategies. You will also be exposed to multiple examples of effective teaching, and hear the views of teachers whose teaching has been judged to be excellent. More specifically, University Teaching will help you to address the following questions: - What does teaching in higher education involve? - What does research evidence tell us about effective teaching in higher education? - How can we ensure that our instructional design will help our students achieve their intended learning outcomes? - What pedagogic options do we have to make our teaching successful? - What assessment and feedback practices can help our students learn more effectively? After completing the learning tasks in this course, you will be able to: - Discuss the teaching and learning context in higher education and reflect on the potential challenges and opportunities you might encounter. - Explain key teaching and learning concepts and relevant evidence in relation to effective university teaching. - Analyse the relationships between various aspects of teaching and student learning. - Identify a range of instructional strategies to support effective student learning. - Apply key concepts to the structuring of course outlines and lesson plans in order to create learning experiences to support successful student learning. Course trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJu-dViz3NE Course outline: http://www.cetl.hku.hk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/CETL-MOOC-course-outline.pdf...

SB

Sep 03, 2020

Dear Instructors and course co-ordinators,\n\nI really enjoyed this course. You explained all concepts very clear and in a simple manner. I wish to attend more courses from you. Keep going. Love you.

KC

Aug 15, 2020

It is a wonderful learning experience useful and a very much informative course. Thank you all for tireless\n\neffort makes it easier to understand the university teaching course.

26 - 50 of 206 Reviews for University Teaching

By Nguyen Q P

Jun 19, 2019

Very interesting and well prepared materials. I love the course very much. I now feel more confident if I receive a teaching job in the future. Thank you very much to all participated in the videos, especially the two wonderful instructors.

By Albert S C

Dec 13, 2017

A very useful and helpful course that gives you plenty of interesting ideas to directly apply into the courses you teach. It is really worth taking, if you are still a beginner in university teaching and aim to improve your teaching skills.

By Laila S

Aug 02, 2019

A very well thought out course. The online resources were easily accessible and the time to read them and to do the assignments was more than sufficient. I am very happy with the mix of practice and theory in this course.

By SONGU T

Mar 28, 2019

The course has introduced me to a lot of new concepts, especially, teaching in tertiary education. I never knew about most of these concepts, and I am glad i have just learnt something new. Thank you HKU and Coursera.

By Sara M

Apr 04, 2019

Great Course! When i started the course i didn't know much about university teaching, but now i know everything! from different instructional strategies to giving high quality feedback and assessment methods.

By Liliana S

Jul 22, 2017

Excellent experience. I am highly satisfied. Information is presented in a clear and engaging way.

Relevant cases. I also learnt from the experience of many other international students.

Highly recommend it.

By Lily

Nov 07, 2017

I have definitely achieved a lot in this course! The rich video clips, reading materials and appropriate assignements and discussion part have all benefited me a lot and improved my teaching methodology!

By Sruthy B

Sep 03, 2020

Dear Instructors and course co-ordinators,

By Dr. S S

Aug 19, 2020

This course is very insightful and I have learned quite a lot. My favorite area though is University Teaching . I believe I will be better able to understand persons around me.

By Samarasingha A t

Aug 28, 2020

I leran lot of things. This course is very helpful to the teacher.because we learn how to plan assessment , how to mange class room etc. I think this is very helpful course .

By Kamalanathan C

Aug 15, 2020

effort makes it easier to understand the university teaching course.

By Sidra A

May 25, 2019

Thanks Coursera forum to give me the good opportunity to learn something new. Thanks our honorable instructors for giving me useful information about the teaching... Thanks

By 刘纪蕊

Jul 27, 2020

The teachers design this course very.There are many usefull theory and examples in the course materials.They attract me to explore more interesting course designed by HKU.

By Claire C

May 13, 2020

Great course, very well designed, and very interesting, providing us with all the tools we need to start in university teaching, without an extensive literature review.

By Nawin K G

Aug 21, 2020

Excellent course for University teachers, I learnt in this course how to adopt outcome based learning and how to align intended course outcome with course outcome.

By Thomas H

Jun 13, 2020

I appreciate the thorough treatment of the subject and gained a broad understanding of the requisite components of teaching successfully at the university level.

By Joseph S

Oct 13, 2019

Really good with real world examples supported by research. I was very pleased with the course and would recommend it to anyone starting teaching at a university.

By Urs B

Dec 15, 2017

Compact information, diverse methods, very structured, lots of examples, interviews with practitioners, all the necessary didactics, follow-up links. GREAT!

By Paula E

Dec 18, 2017

I enjoyed every session of this course. Every subject is well presented in a very comprehensive and practical way. It is toolboox for university teaching.

By Chetan D

I learnt a lot from this course. I thank all the team behind working this course. Very very very nicely described all concepts. Thank you very much again

By DAVID M L

Aug 10, 2020

This course is awesome! It really makes you see the important things about teaching in higher education and shows you a lot of examples for every topic!

By Anastasiia O

Jan 04, 2018

Muy bueno el curso. La información relevante y amplia, diferentes opiniones de profesionales de educación. Vídeos de alta calidad y el sonido perfecto.

By Hicham L

Jul 27, 2020

It is very rewarding to feel that you just became a better teacher. It boosts your confidence of managing students and the teachers are very good.

By Cynthia M S C

Jan 13, 2019

It is a very complete course that not only shows how to put into practice some important methods for deep learning but explains its importance.

By Janette A

Sep 13, 2018

Excellent course. I need to get up to speed with modern University teaching methods and have found this course very helpful and engaging.