Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO

Oct 23, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

RT

Jul 05, 2020

For an introductory course, this is very efficient and effective in learning terminologies and get a good high-level understanding of Process, types and common techniques used in Design process :)

376 - 400 of 613 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

Aug 23, 2018

Great!

By Rimayang L A

May 03, 2020

good

By Yolanda F

Apr 17, 2020

Good

By Ummul F

Jan 10, 2020

Good

By Anastasiya T

Jun 06, 2019

Good

By yashar k s

Oct 04, 2016

By Renzo C

Jun 19, 2020

By Jami O

Jul 26, 2016

I would LOVE to give this course 5 stars because I absolutely loved it. However, one small thing that drove me nuts makes me give it 4 star rating. I am a big type A personality and I wanted a perfect 100% grade. For this reason I take very, very detailed notes and studied very hard. When I was taking the tests, all of the answers came to me and I knew they were right without question. Then I would get marked wrong some answers at the end. For example, there were several questions relating to the 4 phases of the design cycle. These should very easy answers as the question was usually "What follows after the 'alternative design phase" which is an easy answer, "prototyping". Regardless it would be marked wrong, and it was absolutely impossible to get 100% and I encountered this issue on about 3 questions. I would encourage you to make sure your answers are properly programmed into the response bank

By Carolyn P H

May 22, 2020

The course definitely provided a great overview and resources to use outside of class. Having transcripts of each video was very helpful, however, sometimes the transcript was incorrect and it took some video rewatching to understand the context and actual words used. The weekly quizzes were also great, however, I would've appreciated being able to see what the correct answer was after completion so I could adjust my notes. I think some of the resources are now a little outdated - some website links no longer work/require subscription or payment before viewing. But overall, I came into this class knowing very little and now understand the basic layout of what UX/UI positions demand.

By Barbara R

Oct 08, 2017

It's a very basic course but as a total beginner I'm glad I took it. Soon I'm starting stationary post-graduate UX studies and I think it was a good introduction, I definitely feel like learning more of the topic. What I missed were more examples or case studies, but maybe this was the point of the whole course to be short and basic... And I think you can easily complete the course in 2 or 3 weeks. There were some interesting articles linked in the materials however many of them were repeating the same or similar content so to me the selection of these materials looked rather random...

By Troy L

Aug 20, 2019

A good introduction to those who only have surface-level knowledge of UX Design. This course will quickly give you a working understanding of the basic processes designers follow when developing or improving an interface design. If you are preparing for a bootcamp, or want to discover what you'll be delving into, this is a great first step. My only improvement would be editing mistakes from the lecture videos and allowing students to see the correct answers for test responses that I got wrong.

By Ben-Sirac K S

Apr 08, 2020

J'ai beaucoup aimé le contenu de se cours. En temps que passionné et apprenant auto-didacte, j'ai appris beaucoup sur les bases qui régissent la conception d'une interface utilisateur dans le but d'améliorer l'expérience utilisateur. Du rassemblement des pré-requis, en passant par le design de l'interface et le prototypage à l'évaluation, tout fut bien cerné et laisse déjà un envie de mieux comprendre sur de nouvelle cours .. Merci à vous . Cordialement