Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO

Oct 23, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

MC

Sep 26, 2016

This is an insightful introductory course to User Experience Design. While it is just an introduction, the lessons and the examples provided were comprehensive, leaving you with a thirst for more.

376 - 400 of 401 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Raes

May 09, 2017

This course was a good overall overview of the User Exp. Design process. It is useful for a process of proposal writing, but it didn't give me real insights into the techniques itself. A better insight into the methods (for example by short example videos) would make the course more tangible. Nevertheless a very well structured and presented introduction course!

By Róża T

Nov 10, 2016

Lack of examples.

By Serhat E

Aug 15, 2017

It is a very nice, basic course (maybe too basic). I wish Alternative Designs and Prototyping sections were expanded some more. One feedback to lecturer is to look at the camera directly; she was constantly looking sideways to read the text. It was very distracting for me. Nevertheless, Thanks Georgia Tech!!!

By Antonio C

Oct 25, 2017

The resources are very helpful. The contents are also interesting, but at times I found myself fighting to stay awake when watching the video lessons. The introductory part of the course (before going in depth with the 4 main points of UX Design) is specially tedious and repetitive, and I have the feeling that it could have been summarized in one third.

All in all, I think as an introductory course is well worth the time.

Thank you very much for making this course available to everyone.

By Yuchen Z

Sep 07, 2017

it is really an introductory course, therefore very easy and basic ideas

By Nikhil S

Oct 28, 2016

While the course is basic, the tests don't test user concepts (for example the order of the 4 step design process is asked 10+ times through the 5 modules)

By Vanessa w

Nov 06, 2016

A little too common sense.

By Priya R

Jul 07, 2018

This course was too basic, despite being an introductory course.

By Tatyana K

May 25, 2017

Good for really newcomers but also possible to catch some details for a bit experienced professionals

By Nivedita

Mar 10, 2017

Easy to understand

By Yirou W

Mar 07, 2017

Lean too heavily towards theory instead of practice. I do think peer-graded assignments work better than quiz in term of UX lessons...

By Israel O A

Jul 29, 2019

Muy básico pero siempre aportan nuevos conocimientos para quién desconoce este mundo.

By Saloni Y

Sep 21, 2019

The questionnaires were not very effective or challenging, had ambiguous options and not much scope for a case study project with this much knowledge.

By Alexandr L

Jan 17, 2018

Very basic course. Lack of practical tasks and to much of external links - instead of covering material within the lessons - made this course too short and not very involving... I get that this is Introduction, but I was hoping for more 'in depth' approach.

By Mike T

Sep 21, 2016

Very repetitive content, provide only some abstract presentation of the technics used.

By Robin P

Sep 02, 2016

Super boring & clinical presentation of the material.

By Damian D

Aug 23, 2017

To give a glimpse and touch only the base is not enough. The course lacks exercises and more examples. I wish it would be much more practical.

By Rami A

Jul 21, 2019

The language is so sophisticated and the teacher of the course don't explain some terms very well and she assume that the student know them. hope to support the text blocks with photos or summaries that help us to learn and get the big picture. Sorry no offence but the teacher made so many mistakes and not prepared well to do it. but I understand at least 60% of the course thanks to google.

By Daniel L

t

t

s

comment form.

I started the course so I decided to finish it as I hate to leave things half complete, but the course itself was hard work. Not the subject matter, that was fine. It was the way in which it was taught, it was not a pleasure at all. Felt like my brain was melting trying to watch those videos and became a chore just trying to keep my attention. Also found some spelling errors in the transcripts of the videos and the instructor made some mistakes. One that comes to mind is her referring to 'Storyboards' as 'Studyboards' in week 4's first video. These little details are a little distracting.

I appreciate that this course was offered free so I am sorry to return negative feedback but I trust it will be accepted objectively to help you improve in the future. I have to say that this was not a great advertisement for some of your other courses. I think I would prefer more proactive, problem based learning.

By Marius R

May 11, 2017

Very shallow course. Information presented in slides - very basic. Links - poor. Seems like they have been picked "last minute". Some of them don't work.

By Bianca G

Jul 05, 2018

Very little information shared through videos, and just a bunch of books/links thrown to the listener. I

By Mihaly V

Nov 11, 2016

Although this course is admittedly an introduction to UX, it is still very underwhelming. Priced at £39, the course materials that are spread to 5 weeks could easily be done in 1 or maximum 2 weeks. It is hard to justify that for example "week" 5 consists of a 7mins long video and a simple quiz... "Week" 4 is 15mins... Overall, I felt let down by the lack of materials and assignments (no hand-on experience can be gained, no peer -graded assignments).

By Satya R A

Apr 05, 2018

Hardly any content. I don't see the point of the course.

By Claudia P

Nov 20, 2016

This course was way too basic. The instructor basically just gave us links to existing web content. Very disappointed in the course. It felt like the instructor was lazy to develop a real curriculum.

By Sara C

Jun 26, 2018

Very unsatisfied with this course. I wasnt able to build anything for my portfolio and I payed $50 for nothing. I was told I would get a certificate for paying $50 otherwise the course was free. Will not be using coursera again. I basically got my money stolen and all I got out of it was learning the difference between low fidelity and high fidelity prototypes. If I could give zero stars I would.