Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

MV

Dec 01, 2016

As a design manager I should say this course actually opened my eyes to a new world. I hope be able to make good changes in my world by using this knowledge more and more in my life. Thanks to All :)

CA

Jun 17, 2017

great course , i am grateful to Coursera and everyone at Darden who helped develop this course.\n\ni really enjoyed the course. best wishes to all . keep up the great work!!!! God bless all of you!!!

1 - 25 of 849 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Ushasree K

Feb 09, 2017

Design Thinking for Business innovation is a new concept to me, Its a wonderful insight on how to do innovation using tools and techniques of the DT course, Jeanne Liedtka is just great. thanks

By Sumit S

Dec 12, 2017

Great course for designers and entrepreneurs, as innovation is the requirement in today's world, course helps to enhance knowledge about innovation process and some tools used for Design thinking.

By Trevor W

Mar 13, 2016

Content is fairly good with weak story line and connection across the various modules. Also the lack of in session quiz modules or weekly quiz module to re-inforce learning is disappointing.

It's also possible that i was expecting a lot from a course on design thinking and what it turned out to be was just a scratching of the surface of what the definition of Design Thinking is all about. Having read numerous books on Lean Thinking, Agile development, Minimum Viable Propositions, etc. I was really expecting a solid rigorous approach to the world of design thinking.

This course let me down and I just managed to scrape through at the end...almost gave up.

By Julia H

May 06, 2019

One of the best courses I have ever made

By Ehia E

Apr 29, 2019

Excellent presentation of concepts with appropriate examples that drives home the learning. Very impressed!

By Hsin-Fang H

Apr 29, 2019

It is really useful and shapes my thinking in a more innovative way.

By Anjani T

Apr 22, 2019

Fantastic course! a lot of learning

By J B

Aug 25, 2018

WARNING : the presentation of the course should make it clear that you cannot complete the end of course assignment unless you already have some previous work experience using one of the design thinking tools introduced in the course.

Although I paid for it, I had no chance to get the certificate as I never used the tools introduced in the course. I wish the presentation of the course had clearly stated this requirement.

Upside : interesting and pleasant introduction to design thinking.

Downside : on top of the warning above, not all the slides used in the course are available for download.

By David M

Jul 02, 2018

The course gives an idea of what design thinking is, but the teacher just give 4 tools to use, and emphasize a lot that she wrote a book and that we should buy it - the book introduces 10 tools to use. Means the course is not complete, and is a way to sell the book. I already paid for the certification, I think it is unfair to ask the students to buy the book to get the complete information.

By Tomas

Mar 05, 2018

The idea of the course is good. But delivery have a lot of space for improvement. (Manage to finish only WEEK 1 and start WEEK 2)

First of all:

Design is about talking with pictures. WEEK 1 - Visualization lesson.

Lets look how this is implemented:

Try to listen WEEK 2 Physics of innovation - and follow visually(in your head) what Jeanne is talking (for 18 minutes) :).

Or

WEEK 1- "What is design thinking. Hear from the experts." The same issue.

The language is too much academic which makes it hard to follow visually.

The authors should analyze these videos and answer the question: "Does it work?"

Speak in front of +14-16 year old children for 20 minutes (without pictures) and see if the audience can follow it (translate every sentence into picture).

If this course is designed for academic world it is probably ok. But it is not ready for the mass majority of audience.

As Jeanne is saying in one of the video: fail fast, cheap and improve.

All the best improving this course.

By Agnieszka J

Dec 15, 2018

The cours is an essential of what is design thinking.

By Tábata S

Nov 27, 2018

Very Instructive. We could apply to any situations in life. As a Scout chief, I can't wait to use it!

By Punita M

Dec 17, 2018

Well structured course. Thank you.

By ERDEM M

Nov 30, 2018

Hi there,

I am very grateful to have attended this program because it contains a very inspiring and mind-blowing curriculum. As I attended classes, my awareness of the subject increased much more.

By caroline l s c

Dec 03, 2018

Really good course, i did not had the chance of sending my project but i as a "watching student" i had the opportunity to learn and practice Design Thinking.

By Alexandra R

Dec 19, 2018

Excelente aprendizaje!

By Jamer N C A

Dec 19, 2018

Una exposición clara, amplia y motivadora sobre el tema. Gracias.

By Jeff W

Dec 04, 2018

I thought that this course was brilliantly designed and very well structured in bringing voluminous and complex subjects to a level of comprehension and simplicity that was easy to consume, integrate and apply.

By Mohammed A N

Dec 04, 2018

This is such an important course to understand Design Thinking and proper application. I must thank the course designer for introducing this course. I have already recommended this course to my colleagues. As I deal with complex social issues involving technology this course was very helpful to identify how to understand challenges and move towards innovative solutions.

By Tatjana Č N

Dec 29, 2018

Loved it! I recommend it to everyone - no matter what you do.

By Joseph J

Jan 15, 2019

Excellent course to learn Design Thinking and also excel at work. Thank You Prof. Jeanne

By Ankita D

Jan 02, 2019

Excellent Course

By saba m

Jan 01, 2019

the most enjoyable thing to learn

By URMI G

Feb 16, 2019

Too good. Thoroughly enjoyed learning from the best instructor

By Rahil R R