Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

SP

Aug 16, 2020

Excellent program to learn lots of tools towards Design Thinking !! Thanks a lot! Very interactive and the last activity of completing the assignment was very thought provoking !! thanks to all pears!

251 - 275 of 1,784 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By IRA M

Aug 05, 2020

It's a great course with good material to learn, in fact I realize that visual communication, empathy and a good interpersonal relationship can express your point of view in an engaging way.

By Refilwe M

Jul 19, 2020

I have learned so much from this course and it has unlocked a new way of thinking for me in design and I hope that there will be more courses like these available so I can improve my skills.

By Elarson W N

Jul 13, 2020

I have learned lots of things from this course especially how to make decisions strategically and think positively. I also learned how to think and visualize things. I really appreciate it.

By Ashok K P

Apr 23, 2019

This course has been really helpful for me , mainly I like about the way mindmapping of customers has been explained , also I liked the learning launch tool, when time and cost is constraint

By SRINIVAS K

May 22, 2020

It has been an amazing Learning Experience and the course was well designed with useful and appropriate videos. Prof Jeanne M Liedtka is an Outstanding course presenter with full of energy.

By Mansukh S

May 07, 2020

Excellent course providing a way how to apply designing thinking to find user-centered solution of not only large corporate problems but equally for small problems encountered frequently.

By Kutloano

Oct 30, 2017

This course has helped to unlock my true potential as a UX Designer. It will help me for many years to come.Especially in an increasingly changing world where we have to do more with less.

By Iva M

Jan 24, 2017

Really helped me to gain another perspective on different solutions and how thinking out of the box, and even in the box but from another perspective may be very productive and innovative.

By Xavi S

May 04, 2017

It was an excellent course to dive into Design Thinking and creativity. I'm more than satisfied about it and I'd love to enrol in courses that brings DT and creativity to the next level!

By Dawn M M

Aug 02, 2020

The course was good and well planned. The structured classes were good and the knowledge you gain from this of amble amount. This is a beginner's course so it doesn't go int too detail.

By Fatin F

Jul 02, 2020

It was great to be a part of this course. I've enjoyed a lot. And now, I've started working on my Storytelling and Visualization skill. The instructors are very amazing and charming. :)

By Greg H

Dec 12, 2017

I really enjoyed this course! It's informative, insightful and focused on practical application. It will definitely help me inspire deeper application of design thinking within my firm.

By Shailesh G

Sep 13, 2017

It was a great experience while learning using coursera. The course I'd taken is nicely designed and I enjoyed all over. Thank you so much for providing this learning opportunity. Best!

By Yaqueline A C

Jun 24, 2020

Thank you so much to the Coursera team. I really enjoyed the process and learnt a lot of new tools along the course that I am sure will be very useful in my career and job enviroment.

By Varsha S

Amazing course and an awesome tutor. I would definitely recommended this course to all who would wish to learn design thinking and want to influence others by their thoughts and story.

By Diana H

Feb 13, 2020

I was very happy with my experience with the course. The information and videos taught me a lot about design thinking and the writing assignment was a great way assess that knowledge.

By Ana C D O

Aug 07, 2020

I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to enroll in this course. It gave me so many skills that I will definitely use in the future for different purposes. I am very grateful!

By Vijay R

Jul 31, 2017

This course gave me an opportunity to learn 'practical' Design Thinking directly from the inspiring teacher/professor , Jeanne Liedtka with very engaging course videos and exercises.

By Javier S F

Jun 09, 2020

Professor Liedtka keeps you engaged throughout the course. You learn at your own pace what you need to know to kick start a new way of solving problems by applying design approach.

By Juan M D P

Apr 09, 2020

Es un excelente curso, herramientas muchas veces sub valoradas se muestran con una nueva fuerza y aplicación para darle valor a proyectos que están en proceso o deben ser repensados

By Alejandro A L

May 07, 2018

It was an amazing experience. Very happy with it. Very well designed, and top quality in terms of content and - specially - technology. Applicability is high. I am totally satisfied

By Juanita B

Aug 22, 2018

The course includes several tools to implement the design thinking approach. Also gives some example on how big companies have resolved their own strategic problems using this tool

By Senthil k J S

This course changed my independent thinking into dependent thinking

I really inspired by the instructor and her associates for excellent instructional course design and delivery.

By claudio y

Jul 25, 2019

Muy buen curso con conceptos muy simples y faciles de implementar y que te entrega herramientas concretas para poder desarrollar una forma de pensar para prepararte para innovar.

By Mate B

Apr 02, 2020

I have learned a lot of useful and inspirational information with regards to design thinking. I am certain that I will be using most of the content from the course.

Thanks a lot.