Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

MV

Dec 01, 2016

As a design manager I should say this course actually opened my eyes to a new world. I hope be able to make good changes in my world by using this knowledge more and more in my life. Thanks to All :)

CA

Jun 17, 2017

great course , i am grateful to Coursera and everyone at Darden who helped develop this course.\n\ni really enjoyed the course. best wishes to all . keep up the great work!!!! God bless all of you!!!

101 - 125 of 876 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Maria L C

Sep 18, 2018

A good starting point to know what design thinking is.

By Alejandra B

Sep 18, 2018

Very interesting and mind-changing. I enjoyed it very much! Thanks!

By Vikram K J

Sep 22, 2018

Well explained.

By Dr. A S

Sep 23, 2018

Improve my thinking by learn this basics

By Gaurav G

Sep 24, 2018

Superb Nice tutorial, Provides the innovative way of thinking for designing purpose.

By Kankatala D

Sep 23, 2018

it was nice

By Shivam k R

Sep 24, 2018

Nice course comes with a lot of learning

By ANIKETH

Sep 30, 2018

This well structured course gave me insight of many unknowns to me. I will surely recommend it to any young manager who is in peruse of his carrier of success.

By Sara J L C

Sep 30, 2018

University of Virginia and Coursera just made my day I can now apply what I learned.

By Rebeca M R C

Oct 01, 2018

Amazing course

By Shidartho G

Oct 03, 2018

I must say it was a great journey for me to know about design thinking.

By Oscar R

Sep 24, 2018

Excellent course with very good examples of full scale success. Everybody should take it to open a new way for seeing things. Congratulations!

By Boriboon P

Sep 24, 2018

A good course to learn about tools used in design thinking and problem solving.

By Sathiyamurthi G

Oct 27, 2018

very nice

By Asebi B B

Oct 29, 2018

I am a young Engineering graduate seeking to venture into the Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The lessons in this course were quite simple and easy to comprehend despite my engineering background. Lessons were very practical and I intend to apply them in my future business operations

By Coral-Lee A

Oct 30, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed this course! It was excellent, logical, thought-provoking, clear, useful and applicable to my work environment. I have already been using so many of the methodologies in my work projects and with clients. I highly recommend this as a short introduction to the principles of design thinking.

By Edgar L S G

Oct 30, 2018

excellent approach to thinking design, learning about real cases and guidance on tools

By Gonzalo R

Oct 30, 2018

Great content and very straightforward!

By Emmanuel Y L

Aug 29, 2018

It's quite interesting!

By Stean A T

Aug 28, 2018

wonderful course. Learned a lot!

By Rogelio M

Aug 16, 2018

It has helped me in my consulting practice. Very good course.

By Setyo B

Aug 31, 2018

This is very good course for every body whatever your background, your education & your job role position. I highly recommend to get this training to change, gain & create your mindset for innovation.

By Rashmi L

Jul 12, 2018

Design thinking for Innovation tool is excellent and it has absoultely gained with me the all different aspects of design thinking, Course is very well presented, explained with fanstastic examples.Those who really wish to have a deep knowledge/want to improve thier design thinking skills should opt for this course. The lectures and the materials used adds a valuable input to our knowledge base.Thanks to Jeanne Liedtka,all instructors and co-ordinator for thier efforts to present this topic and for sharing thier experience.

By Mohamed H

Jul 14, 2018

Good Course. Very informative.

By James M

Jun 28, 2018

Insightful. Great introduction to the topic