Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

SP

Aug 16, 2020

Excellent program to learn lots of tools towards Design Thinking !! Thanks a lot! Very interactive and the last activity of completing the assignment was very thought provoking !! thanks to all pears!

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

126 - 150 of 1,760 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Jacqueline O

Apr 22, 2018

I really appreciated this course.

Jeanne is really interesting and presents the topic in a very appealing way. (I was so much motivated that I bouhgt the book and discussed with colleagues about this MOOC).

It helped me to approach problems in a new way and not hesitating to be confident about it.

By Loveleen M

May 07, 2017

There are not many Design Thinking courses available online- and this one is among the best. The graded activity at the end makes you think hard on the application of the DT tools. Reviewing other learners' work also gives one insights into the application of the Design thinking methodology.

By Sidharth R N

Nov 06, 2019

Highly organised and systematic lectures, with a fair share of real life examples and case studies, to give you a really good insight into the practical and theoretical aspects of Design Thinking. I loved being a part of this course, and enjoyed learning something that was totally new to me.

By Stela K

Nov 13, 2019

Very relevant and simple examples to be able to connect day-to-day life with the need and concepts of Design Thinking. The selection of videos is following a logical flow and as the weekly block is split into short video sections it makes it easier to follow and take breaks in between.

By Asebi B B

Oct 29, 2018

I am a young Engineering graduate seeking to venture into the Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The lessons in this course were quite simple and easy to comprehend despite my engineering background. Lessons were very practical and I intend to apply them in my future business operations

By Tom T

Jun 17, 2019

Thank you professors, guest speakers, team members for making such great course. I found a new approach to solve my real life problems. I have more confidence in working with innovation projects, and believe I can be creative too as long as I know how to approach & what tools to use.

By Thuraya

May 28, 2016

One of the best courses I have ever attended. I am really impressed with the presentation of the content and the creativity of delivering the ideas. I have purchased the book "GROWTH" from Amazon, to add on what I've already learned in a deeper manner.

Thuraya Al Souli

By Anais C P Q

Aug 13, 2020

Excelente contenido y forma de organizar el curso. Posee herramientas que quizás hayamos escuchado antes pero el desarrollo de las mismas y la forma de ejecutarlas y organizarlas para obtener un resultado o resolver un problema, es lo que se aprende con el diseño de pensamiento.

By Shubham S

Jul 16, 2020

Great course! A lot of intricate details that are generally missed out when making decisions are conceptualized and delivered in a really simple and interactive manner. This course would definitely help me see things from different perspectives and help me take better decisions.

By Alexandra S

Sep 13, 2017

Most inspiring! I was so excited about many of the topics and tools and examples, that right now, day and night, my mind comes up with quotes from the course and ideas where to apply and test what I learned there, determined to use every opportunity I have to use this framework.

By Zac W

Aug 10, 2016

Very good introduction to design thinking. Provides some useful tools that I have already used in my personal and professional projects and will continue to use in the future. Every video lesson was well done and tied the overall theme into the content well. Highly recommended!

By Leonor E d P

Jan 19, 2020

Great course on Design Thinking. Easy to listen and to go through. The professor is very didactical and the material is very well designed and presented. I would recommend this course if you'll like to broaden your knowledge in this area. It is a must-have tool for management.

By Laura M

Feb 17, 2018

Such a fantastic course. The videos were compelling and I learned so much without the stress of homework. Perfect for full time working professionals who want to learn about design thinking, but do not have hours to invest in assignments. The professor was really excellent.

By Madhu N

Aug 01, 2020

Initially I thought this is something about Designing, but as per recommendation from my company I had to finish it. Now I feel so happy to take this course. Jeanne Lidtka and her colleages very well articulated and given lot of insights into design thinking. Thank you Jeanne

By Iman S

Sep 15, 2017

Thank you Jeanne M. Liedtka Ma'am.

Thank you Coursera.

It was a good experience for me as an young novice entrepreneur. I have gained immense knowledge about the dos' and do not s', about approaching a market with a product, targeted customers, etc. Thank you all once again.

By Philein G Z

Mar 06, 2018

This course surprised me. I had reservations before as I had prior mindset that it is for the "creatives". But this course made me realize a lot about how we can shape our minds and hone our skills to better connect with the world! Thank you Coursera and Jeanne M. Liedtka!

By Teboho M

Jun 17, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the learning process and how it has made view Design thinking from a different angle. The Lecturers delivery of the content was amazing, from the way she spoke to the way she made use of visual aids. I am grateful to have learned so much through Cou

By Jean-Baptiste V

Feb 06, 2018

Very good initiation course offering examples and tools supporting a slightly different approach of Design Thinking than the usual 5-to-7-step one (Empathy, Define, Ideate, Prototype...). I would recommand this course as a first dive into this broad and bold methodology.

By TEJUS U M

Sep 06, 2020

Jeanne Liedtka's sessions were exceptional, insightful and set an important tone for following design thinking approach for creating products because it became evident from the course that designing the product and engaging with potential users is an intertwined process

By Dylan E

Apr 06, 2020

Great course! I learned the basics of design thinking, what design thinking look like in the real world, and had the opportunity to apply a concept of design thinking into my own work. Very beneficial course and I can see this impacting my work in the future. Thank you!

By Tim W

Apr 02, 2020

Excellent course material, well organised and highly informative. It has given me a genuinely valuable and practical framework that can be applied in real life situations - as well as some of the intellectual tools - to improve how I work. It was enjoyable to boot!

By Dipan V

Apr 28, 2020

I liked the course and am sure the knowledge gained here will be extremely useful in my work. And I realize, that learning and Design Thinking is a continuous process; there's so much to do and to learn!

I am grateful to Jeanne and the team that put it all together.

By Ricardo V

Jun 13, 2019

Design thinking really drives you to the process of asking better questions, to challenge status quo and have a different perspectives of common problems and how to solve them. have a huge respect and admiration for Professor Jeanne Liedtka and Ed Hesse. Thank you.

By Kerolles F H

Sep 29, 2019

This course made me know the secret of the success of the greatest companies, this secret is the design thinking and a lot of tools used together with visualization and storytelling and mental maps .. I am grateful to Coursera and for this course and instructors

By SADANALA B

Jun 14, 2020

perfect alignment of topics and best examples have been given which are in the real business world that actually happened. That showed how they did manage the situation to come out of it and how they succeeded in it. like kitchen story and, an app for fitness.