Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

MV

Dec 01, 2016

As a design manager I should say this course actually opened my eyes to a new world. I hope be able to make good changes in my world by using this knowledge more and more in my life. Thanks to All :)

126 - 150 of 1,019 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Amilkar T

Sep 30, 2019

Great introduction into Design Thinking from one of the leading voices of Design Thinking. Vastly exceeded my expectations and would strongly recommend it to anyone that is trying to solve any type of challenge

By Ran L

May 11, 2018

Jeanne has been one of the best presenters I've ever seen. The words from her mouth carry great depth of thoughts and passion for what she cares about. I'm definitely retaking this course in the coming future.

By Brijesh V

Aug 13, 2019

It was a wonderful experience to be a part of this course.

I have learnt many things new concepts & got clarity about many topics.

I am looking forward to implementing the teaching of this course in my career.

By Maria L G

Feb 12, 2016

So far, this is the best online course I have taken. Prof. Liedtka was engaging, their case studies were all interesting, and the pace was just perfect. From a course designer perspective, this one is tops.

By 苏晓佳

Jul 29, 2019

Very inspiring for me! All these things learning in the class can be applied to various aspects of my work and especially my life. I want to thank Professor Jeanne for your brilliant sharing and teaching!

By Abhishek G Z

Jun 24, 2019

It has helped in building my understanding about designing rather simply sketching it meant to me. It gave me a broad spectral view on coming across each product and to make resourceful ideas for the same

By Rajesh K

Nov 07, 2016

For a self paced, online course this is an excellent beginners course. The lectures are simple and examples given are very apt. I also liked the peer grading enforced as I could learn from them as well.

By Ignacio R

Aug 12, 2016

Excelente curso, aporta bastante material y conocimiento al tema. Las exposiciones de los instructores son muy interesantes. Buenos casos de análisis con información completa. Lo recomiendo ampliamente.

By Setyobudi

Aug 31, 2018

This is very good course for every body whatever your background, your education & your job role position. I highly recommend to get this training to change, gain & create your mindset for innovation.

By Jose M F

Feb 11, 2019

Concepts are presented in a straightforward and clear way, the examples and lectures are very relevant to the context and support the knowledge. Looking forward to using the tools in my activities.

By ERDEM M

Nov 30, 2018

Hi there,

I am very grateful to have attended this program because it contains a very inspiring and mind-blowing curriculum. As I attended classes, my awareness of the subject increased much more.

By Shaneen S

Aug 08, 2018

I enjoyed the ability to learn at my own pace and time. The videos, transcripts and resources are excellent. I highly recommend this course for Public Servants who deliver services or products.

By Paul D B

Dec 06, 2015

A very interesting course, with lots of good content. I am excited to learn more now about design thinking. The video featuring Dr. Hess was hilarious! I would love to take a course with him!

By Ashok K P

Apr 23, 2019

This course has been really helpful for me , mainly I like about the way mindmapping of customers has been explained , also I liked the learning launch tool, when time and cost is constraint

By Kutloano

Oct 30, 2017

This course has helped to unlock my true potential as a UX Designer. It will help me for many years to come.Especially in an increasingly changing world where we have to do more with less.

By Iva M

Jan 24, 2017

Really helped me to gain another perspective on different solutions and how thinking out of the box, and even in the box but from another perspective may be very productive and innovative.

By Xavi S

May 04, 2017

It was an excellent course to dive into Design Thinking and creativity. I'm more than satisfied about it and I'd love to enrol in courses that brings DT and creativity to the next level!

By Greg H

Dec 12, 2017

I really enjoyed this course! It's informative, insightful and focused on practical application. It will definitely help me inspire deeper application of design thinking within my firm.

By Shailesh G

Sep 13, 2017

It was a great experience while learning using coursera. The course I'd taken is nicely designed and I enjoyed all over. Thank you so much for providing this learning opportunity. Best!

By Diana H

Feb 13, 2020

I was very happy with my experience with the course. The information and videos taught me a lot about design thinking and the writing assignment was a great way assess that knowledge.

By Vijay R

Jul 31, 2017

This course gave me an opportunity to learn 'practical' Design Thinking directly from the inspiring teacher/professor , Jeanne Liedtka with very engaging course videos and exercises.

By Alejandro A L

May 07, 2018

It was an amazing experience. Very happy with it. Very well designed, and top quality in terms of content and - specially - technology. Applicability is high. I am totally satisfied

By Juanita B

Aug 22, 2018

The course includes several tools to implement the design thinking approach. Also gives some example on how big companies have resolved their own strategic problems using this tool

By claudio y

Jul 25, 2019

Muy buen curso con conceptos muy simples y faciles de implementar y que te entrega herramientas concretas para poder desarrollar una forma de pensar para prepararte para innovar.

By Hamsa P S

Jun 12, 2018

I've learned a lot of different techniques and gained perspective through this course that no other content on internet could provide me. This course is "Impact delivered"