Back to Ethical Leadership Through Giving Voice to Values

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Ethical Leadership Through Giving Voice to Values by University of Virginia

This course offers an action-oriented introduction to Giving Voice to Values (or GVV), an exciting new approach to values-driven leadership development in the workplace, in business education and in life. GVV is not about persuading people to be more ethical, but instead it starts from the premise that most of us already want to act on our values, but that we also want to feel that we have a reasonable chance of doing so effectively. Through positive, real life examples, pre-scripting, rehearsal and peer coaching, GVV builds the skill, the confidence and likelihood that we will act on our values more often and more successfully. Based on research and practice, with over 1,000 pilots in educational settings and companies on all seven continents, GVV helps answer the questions: “What if I were going to act on my values? What would I say and do? How could I be most effective?” This course was developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and is taught by top-ranked faculty. You will come away from GVV with an expanded toolkit, as well as practice, in a variety of methods and techniques for voicing and enacting your own values and principles. You will develop and practice leadership skills in "peer coaching” with other learners. Through cases and stories based on recognizable workplace, classroom and life values conflicts, you will apply the GVV techniques and “re-frames”, expanding your repertoire for possible action as well as identifying and rehearsing responses that are likely to be most effective. Through this practice, you will gain greater confidence and competence in voicing and enacting your values effectively....

JN

Jul 23, 2018

The content in this course matches what you will face in the real world and gives an accurate portrayal to the true dilemma in ethical behavior in organizations. I very much enjoyed this course!

KP

May 13, 2018

Loved it. I looked forward to doing the work because it made me think through real challenges I was facing in new and productive ways.

26 - 36 of 36 Reviews for Ethical Leadership Through Giving Voice to Values

May 05, 2020

cool!

By Mona A A

Jun 21, 2020

good

By Laboni D

Nice

By Kylie P

Jan 19, 2018

The Course is great. It gets you thinking about ways to handle uncomfortable situations. I did learn a lot. However, I greatly dislike that the quizzes and projects are locked. This means that I'm not able to buy the course certificate later once I have money. I watched every video and would have taken all of the extra content and paid for it once I could afford it. Now I have no way to get recognition even thoug

By GOORE B K B F M

May 31, 2019

Very useful to implement in daily life. This course give me enough knowledges to address carefully and effectively conflicts that may occur in workplace or everywhere.

Thanks

By Meisan

Jun 07, 2020

I enjoyed the course tremendously and would recommend it to anyone who is a problem-solver.

By Seydou S

May 10, 2019

C'etait très interessant

By Ananya D

Good and little tough

By Alex G

Jul 08, 2020

Interesting course, but a lot of users violate the Honour Code and are operating fraudulently. I had my submission plagiarised multiple times (which I could tell because of the unique wording I used to express the situation).