Back to Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript by University of London

In this course you will learn three key website programming and design languages: HTML, CSS and JavaScript. You will create a web page using basic elements to control layout and style. Additionally, your web page will support interactivity. At the end of the course, you will be able to: 1. Define the purpose of HTML, CSS and JavaScript 2. Make a simple web page using HTML 3. Use CSS to control text styles and layout 4. Use CSS libraries such as Bootstrap to create responsive layouts 5. Use JavaScript variables and functions 6. Manipulate web page content using JavaScript 7. Respond to user input using JavaScript In this course, you will complete: 2 assignments writing HTML, CSS and JavaScript, each taking ~1 hour to complete 4 quizzes, each taking ~20 minutes to complete 1 programming exercise~30 minutes to complete multiple practice quizzes, each taking ~5 minutes to complete Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes....

DA
May 26, 2018

This is an excellent course for the basics in html, css and js I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wanted to build a simple but interactive website using one of the many frameworks available

CM
Oct 10, 2017

Thought the course did a great job of teaching the basics without getting too ahead of itself. All of the sample code was well commented out to explain exactly what the code did which was very helpful

1126 - 1150 of 1,519 Reviews for Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

By Jozsef M

Jun 10, 2020

It is a very good and concise start into HTML, CSS and Javascript and a repetation of basic programming elemens (variables, if statement etc) and a nice bunch of examples and excercises to practice with. Passing the weekly quizes definitely requires some practicing.

By Sruthi S

May 9, 2020

This course is very good for those who are looking for a base in making of a responsive website.All the three professors were really good and lecture videos were simple and can be easily understood.Most topics were explained in a really good way.Loved this course!

By Oscar J D

Feb 18, 2016

Great way the info is presented. When we get the summary quizzes we sometimes get questions on subject matter that we did not cover and need to research the answers. I do like the assignment so far as it puts into practice what we have learned during the module

By Jonas Ö

May 14, 2020

Provides a great overview of HTML, CSS, Javascript, Bootstrap and jQuery. Pedagogical instruction videos. Some of the peer-reviewed assignments are quite easy, but overall I learnt a lot. I already know programming and completed the course in about 7 hours.

By Paul J

Jun 22, 2019

It's a bit easy. It is a great start but putting the solution in the comments of the source code files puts it on par with special needs grade school level difficulty (which I say literally, as I have participated in grade school special needs curricula).

By Kyle D

Feb 11, 2016

Very great intro to the 3 main languages of web design. I feel it has given me a solid foundation with which to keeping building this skill set. Some parts, particularly Jquery moved too fast for me, and I had trouble grasping/retaining the jquery rules.

By Milos O

Mar 6, 2016

A little bit more depth wouldn't hurt. I'll check also other courses in this specialization, so if this is just gentle introduction and then later courses goes deeper in the material, then fine, but if they keep the same difficulty level, then... hmmm

By Paige T

Oct 14, 2019

I think this first course provides a good foundational overview for HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The quizzes are definitely a challenge, you must pay close attention to pass. My only suggestion is to include more challenging assignments for practice.

By Adnan A

Sep 3, 2020

Wonderful course for Semi Level Computer Science Student or others who have interested in computer Web Development,In this course you will touch to get knowledge of CSS,HTML,Javascript,Bootstrap and jquery so best for luck for future endeavours.

By Peter S

Nov 23, 2018

I've enjoyed this course a lot. The one thing I would like is a bit more of dive into jquery and bootstrap from the standpoint of high level overview of the various features etc. I've found myself looking elsewhere to get a bit more knowledge.

By NABANITA D

Feb 4, 2020

The prepares you with the current know how and practices in front end web development. It assumes

a bit of know how in JavaScript though to fully grasp the implications of coding practices as prevalent

today. I liked and enjoyed the course.

By Raj K

Feb 2, 2016

Good overall high level view of HTML, CSS, Javascript, presented in a easy and understandable manner. You will need to take more courses beyond this to get a solid understanding and practically use it, but this is a good start.

By Franco ( L

Feb 28, 2016

The curse is good, but for me it only worked when I started some other larger courses of each topic separately; I mean, this works as a short overview of everythig, but otherwise, it jumps too quickly from a languaje to the next.

By Sergio M

Sep 12, 2020

Very good introduction to these different languages. However Javascript is a very tough one to begin with variables, if statements and loops, imho better look for a single course on Javascript.

Very useful material and quizzes.

By Amberdeep C

Sep 14, 2017

Brilliant course for understanding beginner level html/css/js. I believe the assignments for javascript have scope for improvement, they could have asked for more amount of effort and actually writing some amount of script.

By Sebastian D

Nov 16, 2015

It's a good course.

If I must complain about something is that, since the course covers a little too much too fast, the people that is not familiar with the subject might not understand the why or how of things explained.

By Scott H

Oct 24, 2015

Nice job of simplifying the content. Simple and clear examples provided removing all the code that is unrelated to the topic at hand! Well worth taking for those new and for those wanting to get a refresher on the topic.

By ANIRUDH S

May 31, 2021

This is course is extremely basic and for people who have zero idea about web development and programming. You can finish this asap. I did it in 2 days. Overall gives a good, basic start to your web development career.

By bhuvankarthik

Apr 23, 2020

beginner course is easy effective i have html,javascript,css in simplest possible way our instructors are very kind to solve our doubts and i looking forward to specialisation in responsive website

thankyou coursera!!!

By Tim j W

Jan 23, 2019

Good intro course. I like that it goes through Bootstrap. I would love to figure out how Material Design and other libraries either intersect or compete with Bootstrap and how to evaluate based on type of project.

By harsh s

Jun 4, 2020

course is awesome teaching scheme is also interactive so and professors are explain deeply, easy to understand and learn . i think this is very useful course for basic understand about html , css and java script.

By Patricia G

Jan 21, 2019

Some times the quiz has questions that are answered in the next video, which makes it kinda confusing for someone that is seen this content for the first time. Other than that it is a good course and I liked it.

By Braulio E A O

Sep 16, 2020

Good course to learn the fundamentals of programming with HTML, CSS and JavaScript. There are some topics that it could have been explained better, but if you search on your own, you can complete your learning.

By Philip

Sep 2, 2018

Great course but the javascript part of the course starts simple and rapidly becomes quite advanced and this might overwhelm beginners. I would say stick with it because it all comes together nicely by the end.

By Matthew T K

Dec 27, 2015

Good course on the basics and very helpful for just starting out. Foesn't teach too much programming theory, so for those who already know how to program, it's all you need to understand simple web development.