Back to Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript by University of London

In this course you will learn three key website programming and design languages: HTML, CSS and JavaScript. You will create a web page using basic elements to control layout and style. Additionally, your web page will support interactivity. At the end of the course, you will be able to: 1. Define the purpose of HTML, CSS and JavaScript 2. Make a simple web page using HTML 3. Use CSS to control text styles and layout 4. Use CSS libraries such as Bootstrap to create responsive layouts 5. Use JavaScript variables and functions 6. Manipulate web page content using JavaScript 7. Respond to user input using JavaScript In this course, you will complete: 2 assignments writing HTML, CSS and JavaScript, each taking ~1 hour to complete 4 quizzes, each taking ~20 minutes to complete 1 programming exercise~30 minutes to complete multiple practice quizzes, each taking ~5 minutes to complete Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes....

CM
Oct 10, 2017

Thought the course did a great job of teaching the basics without getting too ahead of itself. All of the sample code was well commented out to explain exactly what the code did which was very helpful

DA
May 26, 2018

This is an excellent course for the basics in html, css and js I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wanted to build a simple but interactive website using one of the many frameworks available

1176 - 1200 of 1,519 Reviews for Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

By Cherisa D

Apr 5, 2019

This is a very good course beginner's course for website basics. I learned more than I thought I would. It also briefly introduces you to JQuery, a JS library.

By Braden B

Jan 25, 2016

Great introductory course. Could be a bit longer, but considering the other available course and their close-knit curriculum this is not that big of a problem.

By Sofia G

Aug 23, 2019

Some of the tests aren't well done, It's been more than once that I get asked things I don't know just to have them explained in the next part of the course.

By Evgeniia R

Oct 11, 2015

I'd like to see more theoretical basics about HTML and CSS, not only "we can type this and do that" and "I encourage you to find this information in Google"

By Maricris R

Dec 27, 2015

More concrete weekly assignments with less vague objectives, and more in-depth training materials would be better. Otherwise, a decent introductory course.

By Siddhartha G

Jul 5, 2020

Really helpful, I just hope there'd me more of javascript taught, maybe it'll be in the next course. But overall a helpful introduction to web development

By Héctor M L

Jul 22, 2016

The course is quite good, but it if you already have some knowledge about the subject and want to go deeper in it, this is probably not your course

By Dev J

Jun 25, 2018

Course content is very good but some additional content is missing you have to add that content it will very helpfull for the student . Thank You.

By Lutz H

Oct 8, 2015

Good intro to the subject and good mix of technologies, I enjoyed the time learning.

Especially I did like the flexibility learning besides my Job.

By Hestia

Jun 6, 2020

Covered the basic concepts in a brief way. Assignments could have been better designed so that we could apply what we've learned into practice.

By Pranav D

May 16, 2016

Very nice indeed. I learnt CSS this time. I can only say this that instead of teaching Jquery you can teach us in the same javascript syntax.

By Tony G

Feb 11, 2018

Good introductory course. Would have like a bit more of a challenging initial javascript assignment, but I'm sure the difficulty will come!

By Billy S

Nov 19, 2015

Well presented material. Good combo of theory and code and good focus on practical coding side of things. Well laid out and easy to follow.

By Mohamed A T K

Feb 21, 2016

A quick and nice introduction to HTML, CSS and JS. If you have already done webdesign before, you can finish this course maybe in 1 week.

By Ritu B

Feb 21, 2016

Good class. Explanations are thorough and easy to follow. One improvement I could suggest is more specific projects than open ended ones.

By Aaron C

May 23, 2016

Great introduction to html, css, and javascript. I enjoyed it very much and will be continuing on with the rest of the series. Thanks.

By Emanuel d J C

Jan 2, 2021

The first instructor of the course outlined the content very weel. The second insttructur could be clearer in presenting the content.

By JD

Feb 23, 2016

Good course for someone with a little experience. Total newbies may be lost doing the assignments. Regardless I recommend the course.

By Caleb P

Jul 22, 2018

I liked the content taught. It was taught clearly, however the projects were too easy and did not fully test us on what we learned.

By Sankarshan S

Jan 25, 2017

some glitches with assignments uploaded on the course, apart from that it is very good for folks who are new to HTML/CSS/JS

thanks.

By Barry W L

Feb 10, 2016

I really liked the course as a review of basics. However, the final assignment seemed a bit of a stretch from the course material.

By Steven D

Apr 3, 2017

Good overview, use of simple programs to demonstrate specific features, and ample references to online resources to go further.

By Mikiodelg

Oct 13, 2015

Nice introduction course, i liked more the "style" and html part that the JS indeed, but both are need to make good things ^^

By Manorama S R

Sep 17, 2020

The course is good for people who already know some basic web programming as the topics covered in this course were brief.

By Saif U R

Aug 30, 2020

Week1 through week3 were quite easy and very well explained but week4 needs more explanation specially the jquery concepts