Back to Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript by University of London

In this course you will learn three key website programming and design languages: HTML, CSS and JavaScript. You will create a web page using basic elements to control layout and style. Additionally, your web page will support interactivity. At the end of the course, you will be able to: 1. Define the purpose of HTML, CSS and JavaScript 2. Make a simple web page using HTML 3. Use CSS to control text styles and layout 4. Use CSS libraries such as Bootstrap to create responsive layouts 5. Use JavaScript variables and functions 6. Manipulate web page content using JavaScript 7. Respond to user input using JavaScript In this course, you will complete: 2 assignments writing HTML, CSS and JavaScript, each taking ~1 hour to complete 4 quizzes, each taking ~20 minutes to complete 1 programming exercise~30 minutes to complete multiple practice quizzes, each taking ~5 minutes to complete Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes....

DA
May 26, 2018

This is an excellent course for the basics in html, css and js I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wanted to build a simple but interactive website using one of the many frameworks available

CM
Oct 10, 2017

Thought the course did a great job of teaching the basics without getting too ahead of itself. All of the sample code was well commented out to explain exactly what the code did which was very helpful

176 - 200 of 1,483 Reviews for Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

By Abdulrahman A

Mar 1, 2017

Awesome Class. It did not add anything new to my experience because I am a computer science student; however it did refreshe my memory, I am super glad that I took this course though.

By Neeturaj S

Jul 28, 2019

Very good content and great assignments which let us think on a point and help us understanding it completely. Concepts got cleared easily. really nice course covered in lesser time.

By keelia

Sep 18, 2017

easy to understand, really basic and useful knowledge about ui design.It's just first step to learn front-end design, i'd like to learn further about related courses about this area.

By Luis M R G

Apr 8, 2018

Aunque es básico, es muy bueno el curso, hace referencia sobre css y javascript y da las bases para seguir aprendiendo por nuestra cuenta con unas excelentes bases aprendidas aquí

By Prem S

Sep 3, 2017

This course gives a good overview of the web technologies even if you are a programmer in different discipline. It was informative and cleared some of the basic confusions I had.

By Edwin M V

Jan 4, 2016

A great course teaching you the very beginnings of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

Probably best for those with no prior knowledge in the fields, as it is on a very introductory level.

By J S

Jul 3, 2020

This course teaches you to create a basic website with HTML , CSS and JavaScript . They give us assignments and references which are more useful to us ,also they teach us well .

By Rebecca M

Apr 25, 2019

Great course that really helps you get started with the basics. A little bit more information how jquery works "behind the scenes" would be helpful to get a better understanding

By Jad M

Jan 2, 2017

I'm totally new to programming and it's something completely different from my major.

This course taught to make pretty cool things. Special thanks to my instructors and peers (:

By Erotokritos M

Feb 5, 2021

It's a good beginning for someone to start learning how to create responsive websites. I suggest this course for sure to anybody who wants to follow the web development career.

By Gary L

Sep 28, 2015

What I have seen so far I think it is a good introduction on the topic. The lecturers are lively and clear in their instructions. A casual yet professional feel to the program.

By Ryuma J N L

Jun 6, 2016

This module gives all the basics needed to understand the required skill set to work as a front end web developer. Each student is responsible for how deep he/she wants to go

By ADITYA V S

Nov 11, 2018

It was just awesome, everything explained so easily and i enjoyed the class, it was really very helpful to understand the basics of html, css and javascripts. Thanks a lot.

By Rabil M

Feb 27, 2021

Finally done with the certification by Dr. Matthew Yee-King, Dr. Marco Gillies, Dr. Kate Devlin. Great course to cover the basics in-depth! Though a bit long but worth it.

By Chencheng H

Sep 27, 2017

The courses are easy for beginners to achieve basic knowledges and methods for web development. It also provides materials, links and directions for further self learning.

By Karan J

Jun 11, 2020

Excellent Website Basics course for beginners and intermediates. JavaScript fundamentals and approach are quite appropriate to some of the students. Loved the experience!

By Jared

Jan 6, 2016

The content was simple and well organized out for a good introductory course. The first step is often the most difficult one to take, so it's nice that they kept it easy.

By Shohanda A

Jan 1, 2017

I loved the course so much it covers many areas, and by the end of it you will see that you made a great progress and you are able to make a very nice simple website.

By Thomas J

Feb 21, 2021

Very good for the basics. I find, that the practice tasks of week 3 and 4 are to simple and don't have anything to do with JavaScript. But everything else is fine.

By Avinash

Sep 30, 2017

this one is my first course from coursera and it,s Great i really enjoyed it and it helped me a lot..

thanks a lot to Coursera for providing these valuable courses

By Kaif A K

Apr 11, 2021

It is very useful for me to learn the basics concepts of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

The Instructor is very well and the explanation of the topics was very good.

By Silvio V

Dec 18, 2015

Excelent - Now I can say that I started learning how to build a responsive home page.Excelent - Now I can say that I am start leraning how to build a home page.

By Sachin P

Oct 16, 2017

I really enjoyed learning from coursera and the way you describe the content of course, its definitely going to help in my career.Thanks for wonderful guidance.

By bba4vu

Dec 6, 2015

This was a fantastic course! I really enjoyed the quizes after every video. It helped me stay focused during videos and provided a good mental break at times.

By Karl W

Oct 1, 2015

Currently on Week 2 and have been learning a lot. Couldn't have picked better instructors for this course, they put lessons in a very easy to understand manner.