Back to Introduction to Financial Accounting

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Financial Accounting by University of Pennsylvania

Master the technical skills needed to analyze financial statements and disclosures for use in financial analysis, and learn how accounting standards and managerial incentives affect the financial reporting process. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to read the three most common financial statements: the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows. Then you can apply these skills to a real-world business challenge as part of the Wharton Business Foundations Specialization....

EY
Sep 19, 2019

The course is very easy to understand, and most importantly it is fun to learn accounting! I find this course covers basic yet comprehensive contents compared to other basic accounting online courses.

MM
Feb 3, 2016

I took Brian Bushee's course and found him to be one of the BEST INSTRUCTORS I'VE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. If you've had trouble with accounting courses in the past, HE IS THE INSTRUCTOR FOR YOU!!!

1651 - 1660 of 1,660 Reviews for Introduction to Financial Accounting

Apr 19, 2016

N

By Diana G

Jan 13, 2021

The lectures are long and not as efficiently or logically organized as they could be in order to impart the basic understanding that the quizzes ultimately ask for. I found myself using the PDFS and it was easier to follow that way.

By Edward T

Nov 14, 2020

I'm actually a big fan of learning all subjects out there. Typically, I will take a course and learn to appreciate the content and enjoy the new perspective of seeing the world. I definitely cannot say the same about this course. It has got to be one of the most poorly taught classes that I have ever taken, and I have taken many courses, including undergraduate, graduate, and online courses. This professor clearly did not put much effort in trying to communicate the concepts effectively. In fact, he went out of his way to create an animation of students who are clearly caricatures of students who have annoyed him in the past. Most of the time, the animated students' input is a waste of time and seems to be put there so that Buchee can entertain himself while acting like a complete fool by patronizing animated characters that he himself made. Honestly, this course was a pain to finish and I stepped away from Coursera for weeks on end due to the absolute boredom and nausea of having to sit through this guy's videos. If you're taking this course for the specialization, get ready because you're about to be bored and annoyed to death. My advice, get through the course as fast as you can before you completely lose interest, step away, and have to once again torture yourself in reviewing the material.

By Krista I

Jan 27, 2021

The information in this class is really mismanaged. When presenting math and policy, state them first, and then allow students to work through how to apply them. What I marveled at through the two modules I took before I gave up is how much effort it takes to screw up the presentation of something as linear as equations, rules and procedure. Present cheat sheet for printing at the beginning of the course and then give us problems to work through. I spent way too much time guessing at obscure nuances through the quizzes.

By Erin S

Jul 24, 2021

Coursework did not give adequate information to be prepared for exams. Generally unhelpful information.

By kealeboga b k