Back to Customer Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Customer Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

Data about our browsing and buying patterns are everywhere. From credit card transactions and online shopping carts, to customer loyalty programs and user-generated ratings/reviews, there is a staggering amount of data that can be used to describe our past buying behaviors, predict future ones, and prescribe new ways to influence future purchasing decisions. In this course, four of Wharton’s top marketing professors will provide an overview of key areas of customer analytics: descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, and their application to real-world business practices including Amazon, Google, and Starbucks to name a few. This course provides an overview of the field of analytics so that you can make informed business decisions. It is an introduction to the theory of customer analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform customer analytics. Course Learning Outcomes: After completing the course learners will be able to... Describe the major methods of customer data collection used by companies and understand how this data can inform business decisions Describe the main tools used to predict customer behavior and identify the appropriate uses for each tool Communicate key ideas about customer analytics and how the field informs business decisions Communicate the history of customer analytics and latest best practices at top firms...

ND
Jan 30, 2019

Though I have worked on Customer Analytics with my previous work experiences and also on Surveys etc at George Brown College Canada, this module was more than insightful. Lots of learning to learn eh!

MA
Aug 4, 2020

This course includes a comprehensive overview of the all the basic models that are used to analyze data concerning customer behavior. The real-life examples made it easier to relate to those theories.

201 - 225 of 2,136 Reviews for Customer Analytics

By Shivam K

Nov 19, 2018

It was an amazing experience. Though the course won't provide much of a mathematical side to analytics but holds strong grounds in decision making and ways a person should think before landing upon the final decision.

By Candy N

Oct 4, 2020

The course is very well structured. It does give me a lot of insights. Expecially the last module on the application and case studies, that really help me to understand how to put the theories into practical actions.

By Marilyn N P

Aug 3, 2020

Muy buen curso, se comparten muchos conocimientos teóricos que se acompañan siempre de ejemplos y casos de la vida real. También se ven tendencias actuales y lo que se espera en el futuro. Lo recomiendo ampliamente.

By Md N A A

Jul 28, 2017

The idea and content of this course is excellent. The latest need of industry is considered in this course. I learnt many new things which was not known to me before doing this course. I want to thank coursera team.

By ifeoma n

Jun 6, 2020

I gained alot from this course and the tutors where amazing. Using real life situations to explain what would have seemed complex.

Thank you Coursera for the 7 days free trial that enabled me to learn this course.

By Nicolás G B

Apr 14, 2020

I'd die for an actual full course on data mining and market and consumer research. Very theorical, though I'm glad I now have a more wider concept on said subjects and can autonomously look to go deeper into them!

By Sidharth R

Aug 19, 2019

Great lectures and content that was explained very well for beginners to Business Analytics. I especially enjoyed the interesting topics discussed by Eric Bradlow about the applications and case studies in week 5.

By Lucas F d O S

Jan 16, 2019

One of the best introductory-level courses I've ever seen online: there is a fine balance between using entry-level language and concepts and, at the same time, providing high-level relevant information. Awesome!

By Abhijit B

Sep 7, 2020

Loved it! While I knew a lot of that considering I have been working for more than a decade and a half, but some parts were refreshers for me and I loved revisiting those grey cells.

Prof. Iyenger was very nice!

By Arnab C

As an engineer, stepping into the business world, it was quite a lot to grasp at the beginning. The tests also seemed a little harder than I expected, but the expert narration and course material got me through.

By Govind S

Oct 21, 2018

This is a very useful course for beginners, concepts are explained very nicely and at a very easy pace. The last week is used to explain the use of all those concepts and gives examples from day to day business.

By Rio H D

Jun 28, 2020

I learned a lot from this course especially in understanding the right thinking and process of using customer analytics. I also learned a lot of practical examples on where customer analytics are being applied.

By Jose M

Aug 21, 2016

Really Good course. Lecturers are brilliant explaining the concepts via samples which everybody can understand. You may need to have a little bit of statistic knowledge but it is not essential to do the course.

By Vanessa N

Jul 1, 2020

The wording and focal points of the questions on the quizzes are a little unusual and the course has room to survey more, but it provides extremely valuable information if you are new to this area of business.

By Okulov A

Jul 3, 2018

This course helped me to acquire general knowledge and the basics of customer analytics. I am very grateful to the lecturers of this course for the very accessible and interesting presentation of the material!

By Mark H

Sep 21, 2017

Great course. Engaging professors and real world content. I will apply concepts here to our Goodwill Industries of KY operation. We have a large retail presence and loads of data to study. Thank you - Mark

By Swetha J

Nov 10, 2018

Excellent course on customer analytics. The concepts and methodology to approach the customer analytics were explained in a very lucid and easily understandable manner. A BIG thank you for a wonderful course.

By Ameley B

Jun 24, 2020

Some of the quizzes were very challenging. I learned a great deal from this course. This being the first f 5 courses in the Business Analytics specification, I am looking forward to learning the next course.

By Nurul H I

Content is easy to follow. Lecturers are not boring. They are very passionate and delivering the lectures in distinctive ways that manage to capture my attention. Appropriate range of resources are provided.

By John U D

Oct 5, 2020

This has been the most educative video I have enrolled in the Coursera platform. Thumb up to all the instructors. and thank you very much for all the professors and teams in this course. thank you very much

By saeed m

Nov 6, 2020

it is a great opportunity to know a lot of stuff about customer analytics. I learned a lot. but application should be more easily available. the BTYD model has not easy to use help and i couldnt implement.

By Orlando C

Dec 11, 2017

Helpful for anyone currently in or seeking to enter marketing or product development as a profession. This course demonstrates skills useful for developing an analytical mindset around customer centricity.

By Kiet F

Dec 9, 2016

The professors deliver the content of the course in an easily consumable fashion. They provide real world examples of customer analytics. I truly benefited from this course and from the insights presented.

By Anton W

Mar 5, 2016

Great overview of the marketing analytics field, delivered by top lecturers from the academy. It helps extend understanding on the principles of descriptive, predictive, prescriptive and their application.

By WEYINMI K A

Dec 15, 2015

This was a eye opener for me. I can now make good sense of big data. I highly recommend this course. The value of the knowledge gained is mind-blowing and more resourceful than imagined. Thanks Coursera :)