Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AT
Jun 8, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

AT
Dec 2, 2015

Learned a lot of things in this course. Have already started changing the way I think about pricing in my current position. I hope we get the opportunity to apply these concepts in Capstone project.

226 - 250 of 1,920 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By SANJAY K D

Jun 12, 2018

THE LECTURE IS TRULY HELPFUL IN UNDERSTANDING THE BASIC OF MARKETING. GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO IMPROVE THE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT BRAND MARKETING. IT CAN ALSO BE USED IN THE REAL LIFE APPLICATION OR WORKING AS SALES ASSOCIATE IN ANY ORGANIZATION.

By Vikrant C

Apr 28, 2019

The course was really good and helped in understanding several marketing analytics concepts like calculating Customer lifetime value, lift in sales and many such concepts which will help someone wanting to work in marketing strategy.

By Lauma S

Apr 17, 2016

An excellent course. I learned a lot and it was very interesting. All the marketing concepts are clear and well explained. Professors are great!!! It was nice time sudying for this marketing course while gaining a lot of information.

By Gerrit K

Mar 15, 2016

This was a fantastic introductory course. I learned a lot of new and interesting concepts, as well as understanding some of which I had only had 'dangerous half-knowledge' as the Germans say.

Thanks a lot to the team and to coursera!

By Akshatha K

Jun 29, 2019

I was a complete newbie to marketing. This course helped me understand the concepts and various strategies with interesting real world examples which helped me relate better. I enjoyed learning from the experienced faculty as well.

By Liu C

Feb 24, 2016

Professional and easy-going course design for non-business background students. Highly recommended to the person who want to equip with the foundation of business knowledge and alter their career path toward business management.

By Manish R

Jun 25, 2020

It has indeed been a very comfortable learning experience, everything in the course material has been very helpful to gain fundamental insights into the world of marketing. Thank you UPenn for the amazing learning experience :)

By Giuseppe M

Sep 21, 2019

Insightful, comprehensive and thorough overview delving into the marketing world. The way this programme is structured, along with the reading and video lecture support, facilitates learning at ones own pace. Just wonderful!

By Leonor E d P

Feb 21, 2016

Includes the basic concepts of marketing but also the right amount of depth to learn way more than basics. Very didactic and gives tons of examples to understand more. A course that's very well structured and great professors!

By SAGAR P K

Sep 27, 2020

The coures is really good. My concepts of marketing are pretty much clear. Aspecially regarding brand and customer acquisition and how to position a brand. Thank you so much for giving me appournity to learn from this course.

By Agnes K

Aug 8, 2016

It's a good course and easy to understand especially for the beginner like me who don't have any background about businesses. Thank you so much University of Pennsylvania and Coursera for make this course happen in Indonesia.

By Amina B

Jun 21, 2016

I found this course very easy to follow, and with no prior knowledge of marketing I thought it was quite easy to understand all the concepts explained in this course. I would definitely recommend it to beginners like myself.

By Banu D K

Nov 23, 2019

I am so glad that Wharton offers such an opportunity worldwide. This course strengthened my marketing skills by giving me a different perspective. This will be very helpful developing my research thesis. Thank you, Coursera!

By Harsheel S

Jul 9, 2018

This is a fantastic course and covers a lot of material from ground up - you do not need any background to understand the concepts thought. The videos are self-sufficient to understand the concepts. Clear, lucid explanation.

By Ankur R

Nov 23, 2019

Great introduction to Marketing and well explanation of the concepts. The professors have taught using very modern day examples which was very interesting. Hoping to learn more from the coming courses in the specialisation.

By Jonathan H

May 31, 2018

Es un excelente curso de introducción, desde temas como las 4 P's de Marketing hasta Branding, recomendado para las personas que desean aprender con casos reales, sin lugar a duda tomaría otro curso de esta especialización.

By Mindy C

Oct 31, 2016

Very informative. I came from an academic and nonprofit background into consulting and needed to learn some business acumen. I was able to incorporate what I learn, and use it to synthesize my work environment, immediately.

By Guilherme C

Apr 25, 2018

This is an excellent course for those who want to learn about the principles of marketing. It was very useful for me, as I now have a deeper vision of the comercial activities I'm involved with. I recommend it very much.

By aulia

Mar 22, 2017

Really good materials shared by the lectures. Precisely what we need to understand the essentials of Marketing, and yet it is very broad. Now I found Marketing as a subject that is challenging yet fun to experiment with.

By Gabriel E M V

Dec 12, 2016

This is a recommendable course most especially to those young professionals who would like to start learning more on how the marketing world works. Kudos to the team who took an effort to deliver this course. More power!

By Kshitij K

Apr 29, 2019

Very useful, as a professional I found this to be full of relevant concepts, practically implementable and full of relatable examples. I'd recommend this to anyone who's trying to build professional marketing skill set.

By Satyukov S R

Oct 17, 2018

Это невероятно!

Я сам не верю, что потратил месяц на этот курс! Это стоило моих сил! Профессора великолепные, теперь я точно уверен, что разбираюсь в этой теме! Спасибо курсере за предоставленную возможность! Я Счастлив!

By Abhishek A

Apr 7, 2016

Very interactive and engrossing form of teaching .Even while sitting at home /office it feels like am in front of the professor in a classroom .Very good course to develop a basic idea about various marketing concepts.

By Luis M S

May 3, 2017

Excellent course!! It's very well -structured. I learned not only the basics of marketing, but also techniques on how to target specific customers as well as how to choose a significant name for a product or business.

By Vinod E

Dec 27, 2015

A crisp concise yet brilliant course on Marketing your brand. It says introduction but it is much more than that. I'm already able to apply the concepts readily to our businesses. Very happy to have taken this course.