Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AT
Jun 8, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

AT
Dec 2, 2015

Learned a lot of things in this course. Have already started changing the way I think about pricing in my current position. I hope we get the opportunity to apply these concepts in Capstone project.

26 - 50 of 1,920 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Dimple S

Dec 28, 2015

This course was a great refresher from my Higher National Diploma, 17 years ago. I learned up to date information on sales online and their impact, and learned some exciting statistics with all the Professors (Professor Kahn, Professor Fader and Professor Bell) who can really make you understand and break down the content. Being a busy mom of two little ones (3 and 6) and working full time, I used to study on this course at night and managed to pass with a high mark, and feel a great sense of accomplishment

By José M A O

Mar 21, 2020

Nice introductory course, the concepts learned make a lot of sense and are very easy to follow, without being shallow. The strategies provided are up-to-date and have a lot of practical applicability by any company looking to increase its market share. The quality of videos is very good. I'll give Kudos to all three professors for their clear, straight-to-the-point explanations and use of many examples from real companies to illustrate the different ideas. I am satistied and recommend this course.

By Anshul V

Sep 26, 2018

This course has opened up a new way of thinking for me. I now view every business with a different mindset and try to categorise it in my head, look at future options and how to best improve the business. The professors were really knowledgeable, and complemented the coursework with a number of real world examples, which in my opinion is extremely important in a marketing course. I am sure i will be referring to this material and the books again in my life when i am using these techniques.

By Anna G

Jan 29, 2016

I enjoyed studying this course. The professors give a lot of interesting information about marketing and how it is applied to the real conditions of nowadays business. The information is clear, well-organized and contains a lot of examples of big brands everyone knows very well. Besides, the professors are nice people themselves and it is a big pleasure to watch the learning videos with them.

If you are interested in the basics of marketing, I advice you to enroll in this course for sure!

By Daniel M C

Apr 30, 2019

This is an excellent introduction for the non-specialist. I believe you could become a specialist if you keep studying this program. Having 3 different professors with different personalities and lecturing styles kept the material interesting and lively, and also provided a variety of different voices for those of us who are not native speakers of English. I used this MOOC with my university ESL students in Thailand, so that linguistic input was definitely a factor. And they got it.

By Gursharan B

Jan 28, 2016

Even for someone like me, who knows next to nothing about business, it was very easy to follow along. But at the same time I felt like it gave me a firm foundation. I liked that they had different professors each week, so we could really see the various perspectives on the subject. I'd recommend that after finishing this course students should read either a couple of mainstream marketing books or maybe just one good textbook to gain breadth of understanding.

By Joanna B

Aug 7, 2016

Well-structured, thoroughly-prepared and very well-presented course. It provides a solid overview of the basics, and at the same time guides the learners through a spectrum of the most recent marketing theories and trends. I personally enjoyed the branding classes most, which are packed with theory, but are presented in an extremely accessible manner, as well as the customer-centricity segment, full of practical use cases. A commendable course, thank you!

By Florian, C C

Jun 30, 2019

It was very pleasant to learn about this very new topic for me (with a very engineer background working on Oil platform). I trully enjoyed the energy of each professor and I was constantly looking forward the next lesson. They managed to make this courses very friendly and act as each class was in 101.

Thank you very much dear Professors.

By Han Z

Jun 30, 2019

Really perfect course providing a very first overview of Marketing. As an employee working in Luxury retail domain, this helps me build a basic marketing/business vision. Many thanks to all 3 professors and looking forward to another challenge ! Thank you

By David A A

Feb 23, 2019

Informative Course, updated concepts and teachings. The programme was more grilling than i thought but its worth it.

By David P

Jun 24, 2019

Great course! Tons of in depth knowledge and interesting case studies.

By Sujatha K

Jul 10, 2020

opened several windows into marketing .Thanks to all the professors!

By Jaime M

Jun 24, 2019

High-quality course from a top university offered by top professors.

By Anand m

Jun 26, 2019

i m feeling glad that warthon offers us a world class knowleadge .

By Suganya M

Dec 14, 2018

very useful , i learned lot of new thinks in market, prodcut .

By vikram k

Jul 6, 2019

Very informative.It opened a completely career option for me

By Alison Z

Jul 2, 2019

Great intro course to morden marketing concept and mindset.

By Osako O M

Jul 2, 2019

Every topic was well delivered. Thank you all

By Shery R R

Jul 8, 2019

上完课咋还收钱呢

By Case C

Jul 6, 2019

I thought the course was excellent. Some of the reviews complained about the professors... they were all easy to understand. Another complaint I saw was about questions. They were complaining info was introduced after questions, this did not happen in quizzes just in lectures much like when a professor might ask if anyone knows an answer before introducing the idea.

By Tanmay S

Jun 21, 2019

It was great. It will give me a kick-start in my business management career.