Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AS
Apr 29, 2021

Learnt a lot of concepts in marketing that were hiding in plain sight. I want to thank all the professors who were part of making this course and Wharton online for making this accessible to everyone.

AT
Jun 8, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

101 - 125 of 2,024 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Steven H

Feb 3, 2016

Excellent course - I especially enjoyed the non-classroom, on-site lectures that are naturally more interesting.

I would recommend an update - while the core principles are relevant, the content is now 2-3 years old. I would also appreciate more video links to case studies and real-life interviews with insights into marketing in real-world practice.

By Kunal S

Aug 4, 2020

Most Amazing Course I have ever done in Marketing. I have learnt the various aspects of Marketing from Strach to Detail. Various Real Life Analysis were very Nice which help to have a proper vision and take a total feel of the Course. All the Instructor were really very Nice and their teaching was Excellent. I really enjoyed this Course very Well.

By soleimaniMarzieh

Jun 29, 2020

I can't say anything. Just I can say Coursera is amazing. I have loved the learning I have been able to do and look forward to taking many more classes with them. I have always been interested in Marketing and Coursera has given me the chance to take the classes that really interest me. I have never had any problems with them. Thank you Coursera.

By Ulkar J

Feb 1, 2019

It was very interesting and very useful for me. It was first time that I took marketing course and I really liked it and enjoyed during all sessions. I especially thank to all lecturers who shared valuable knowledge with very basic and simple explanations with me. I could not even imagine that marketing is such an interesting area. Thanks a lot.

By Alex

Jun 29, 2020

It is just amazing. Thank you so much for the opportunity to get the best knowledge from the best business school in the world. I want to point out professor Kahn. The courses were especially interesting and exciting. I look forward to confirming receipt of financial assistance for a new course in the specialization of "Business Foundations"

By Girish K

Jun 11, 2017

After completion of this course, I've had pretty good discussions with full-time and part-time MBA professionals and I felt I was decently on par with their knowledge of Marketing. Professor Kahn, Bell and Fader do an excellent job simplifying complex ideas into simple explanations. I have found myself gain a new found love for marketing.

By Carmina F

Aug 8, 2020

It was fun and essential. You'll learn a lot form this course, especially, to those who are new to marketing. It may be applied right away to your small business too. It has strategy, tips, ideas and even psychological aspects in dealing with your customers. Better keep this course and make notes for every important techniques given.

By Naeem F

Jun 12, 2019

Absolutely to the point, concise and succinct. The faculties did a great job of putting across topics clearly and objectively. I would recommend this course especially to working executives to take up this course as the topics covered are quite relevant and this will only help brush up those topics which you already knew.

By Surya K

Sep 24, 2016

I am a CS graduate student with a shallow knowledge on Marketing. I want to something different to think about during dinner time. So, I signed up for this course with no intension of completing and watched all videos in less than a week. The material is so exciting. Thank you Professors for sharing this course for us on Coursera.

By Shaday S

Oct 3, 2016

This was my first Coursera experience, and it was a great choice. The course was jam-packed with information, and I'm still reviewing to further process what I've learned. As an aspiring freelance business owner, I feel like it was an excellent crash course that can help you devise the right marketing strategy for your audience.

By Yash V

Jul 31, 2018

The course provides a basic glimpses of marketing and is very well structured. It starts with the very basics and talks about the continuous changes happening or has has happened and the Professor have been very crisp and to the point in giving details along with relevant examples.

I would surely recommend this course to anyone.

By Suryakant

Aug 23, 2020

Enriching course about how the market works. This course helped in understanding about brand, what it is, how to create one, why it's important. The content taught by Prof. Barbara Kahn, Prof. Peter Feder and Prof. Jagmohan Raju are enriching and uptodate and they give the real pictuture of market through various case studies.

By Luis G A P

Oct 24, 2016

It's a very interesting course, I learned a lot about marketing and now I have a much more broader concept in how to reach the client in terms of new technologies like social media. It's very interesting and I would recommend it to anyone that has no skills in marketing to take it. I would definetely go for the specialization.

By Colleen C

Oct 9, 2019

It appears that it's been 6 years since the course has been uploaded, so I think it would be nice for some of the content to be updated, especially since some of the things they said about certain brands has changed. Overall though, a really informative introductory course. Barbara Kahn is a very clear and concise lecturer.

By Bassam A

Nov 28, 2016

Great course with a lot of relevant information. The material was a fantastic addition to any basic marketing course as there was much insight beyond what you would get from the standard marketing textbook. I would improve the course by including more core concepts such as CLV with the appropriate definitions and formulas.

By Aryaman S

Mar 14, 2021

I found this course to be very informative and well structured. I believe this course should be beneficial for prospective MBA students as they can get well versed with the basics of Marketing, before starting their formal studies in a B-school, and especially so for those who have no business background (as was with me).

By Ajit P

Sep 24, 2017

A good course to learn STP(segmentation, targeting and positioning), customer centricity and branding. Concepts are explained in a concised manner. So many real life examples are presented in this course. I highly recommend this course to learn fundamental marketing concepts and advanced concepts like customer-centricity.

By Abul F

May 27, 2019

I would like to Thank Coursera for bringing up this course and Prof Barbara E. Kahn Did an amazing job in explaining the concepts, This course helped me in various ways and gave me an idea of how to segment market and where to focus.

The concept of Warm Tea that Barbra explained was simply brilliant

Team Wharton Kudos !

By Aravindan C

Apr 7, 2019

Extremely helpful in gaining insights to how a product must be developed and advertised and maintained in the long run. Videos were easy to understand though I had no previous experience in learning any of the topics discussed. Looking forward to learning more about all of the topics and to implement them in the future.

By Владимир

Mar 1, 2016

Very usefull course which gives the basics of what marketing is. Well designed material with rich cases from high-end professional lecturers! Thank you very much!

P. S. I highly recommend this course for web-marketers, because without understanding of basics of traditional marketing, you will lose in web–marketing. IMHO

By Waffa N

Apr 25, 2020

Amazing subject, very well explained. Barbara Khan is an excellent Professor and her explanations helped understand the main concepts and the rest of the course.

I learnt a lot about customer centricity and pricing and I would definitely recommand this course for anyone who wants to understand the basics of Marketing.

By Hector N S

Aug 12, 2018

The sequence is appropriate -- where you begin with marketing and continue with topics related to branding and others. The various weeks were taught by different professors, but they made reference to one another and there were connections between them. I enjoyed learning with this approach and recommend this course.

By Jessica X

May 7, 2017

Very good elementary education course by these 3 wonderful professors to those who has no knowledge but interesting in marketing. I work as a Marcom Executive in my current company and this course has helped me with gaining deeper understanding in the market and further my journey in my future campaigns. Excellent!

By Ujjwal G

Feb 9, 2020

It is an excellent course with lots of practical information. I loved the course and its contents. Everything was explained with examples and real-life situations. I would recommend this course to all those students who have an interest in marketing. This will give you knowledge of how deep the marketing field is.

By Denis B

Apr 13, 2020

As a new small business owner, I found this course very helpful as it quickly supplied me with fundamental knowledge on marketing. The course made me think about the brand of my business; it made me come up with lots of creative ideas on brand positioning, cross-selling, and pricing. This course is worth the time