Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AT

Jun 09, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

AT

Dec 03, 2015

Learned a lot of things in this course. Have already started changing the way I think about pricing in my current position. I hope we get the opportunity to apply these concepts in Capstone project.

101 - 125 of 1,874 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Girish K

Jun 12, 2017

After completion of this course, I've had pretty good discussions with full-time and part-time MBA professionals and I felt I was decently on par with their knowledge of Marketing. Professor Kahn, Bell and Fader do an excellent job simplifying complex ideas into simple explanations. I have found myself gain a new found love for marketing.

By Carmina F

Aug 08, 2020

It was fun and essential. You'll learn a lot form this course, especially, to those who are new to marketing. It may be applied right away to your small business too. It has strategy, tips, ideas and even psychological aspects in dealing with your customers. Better keep this course and make notes for every important techniques given.

By Naeem A F

Jun 12, 2019

Absolutely to the point, concise and succinct. The faculties did a great job of putting across topics clearly and objectively. I would recommend this course especially to working executives to take up this course as the topics covered are quite relevant and this will only help brush up those topics which you already knew.

By Surya K

Sep 24, 2016

I am a CS graduate student with a shallow knowledge on Marketing. I want to something different to think about during dinner time. So, I signed up for this course with no intension of completing and watched all videos in less than a week. The material is so exciting. Thank you Professors for sharing this course for us on Coursera.

By Shaday S

Oct 03, 2016

This was my first Coursera experience, and it was a great choice. The course was jam-packed with information, and I'm still reviewing to further process what I've learned. As an aspiring freelance business owner, I feel like it was an excellent crash course that can help you devise the right marketing strategy for your audience.

By Yash V

Jul 31, 2018

The course provides a basic glimpses of marketing and is very well structured. It starts with the very basics and talks about the continuous changes happening or has has happened and the Professor have been very crisp and to the point in giving details along with relevant examples.

I would surely recommend this course to anyone.

By SURYAKANT

Aug 23, 2020

Enriching course about how the market works. This course helped in understanding about brand, what it is, how to create one, why it's important. The content taught by Prof. Barbara Kahn, Prof. Peter Feder and Prof. Jagmohan Raju are enriching and uptodate and they give the real pictuture of market through various case studies.

By Luis G A P

Oct 25, 2016

It's a very interesting course, I learned a lot about marketing and now I have a much more broader concept in how to reach the client in terms of new technologies like social media. It's very interesting and I would recommend it to anyone that has no skills in marketing to take it. I would definetely go for the specialization.

By Colleen C

Oct 09, 2019

It appears that it's been 6 years since the course has been uploaded, so I think it would be nice for some of the content to be updated, especially since some of the things they said about certain brands has changed. Overall though, a really informative introductory course. Barbara Kahn is a very clear and concise lecturer.

By Bassam A

Nov 28, 2016

Great course with a lot of relevant information. The material was a fantastic addition to any basic marketing course as there was much insight beyond what you would get from the standard marketing textbook. I would improve the course by including more core concepts such as CLV with the appropriate definitions and formulas.

By Ajit P

Sep 24, 2017

A good course to learn STP(segmentation, targeting and positioning), customer centricity and branding. Concepts are explained in a concised manner. So many real life examples are presented in this course. I highly recommend this course to learn fundamental marketing concepts and advanced concepts like customer-centricity.

By Abul F

May 27, 2019

I would like to Thank Coursera for bringing up this course and Prof Barbara E. Kahn Did an amazing job in explaining the concepts, This course helped me in various ways and gave me an idea of how to segment market and where to focus.

The concept of Warm Tea that Barbra explained was simply brilliant

Team Wharton Kudos !

By Aravindan C

Apr 07, 2019

Extremely helpful in gaining insights to how a product must be developed and advertised and maintained in the long run. Videos were easy to understand though I had no previous experience in learning any of the topics discussed. Looking forward to learning more about all of the topics and to implement them in the future.

By Владимир

Mar 01, 2016

Very usefull course which gives the basics of what marketing is. Well designed material with rich cases from high-end professional lecturers! Thank you very much!

P. S. I highly recommend this course for web-marketers, because without understanding of basics of traditional marketing, you will lose in web–marketing. IMHO

By Waffa N

Apr 25, 2020

Amazing subject, very well explained. Barbara Khan is an excellent Professor and her explanations helped understand the main concepts and the rest of the course.

I learnt a lot about customer centricity and pricing and I would definitely recommand this course for anyone who wants to understand the basics of Marketing.

By Hector N S

Aug 12, 2018

The sequence is appropriate -- where you begin with marketing and continue with topics related to branding and others. The various weeks were taught by different professors, but they made reference to one another and there were connections between them. I enjoyed learning with this approach and recommend this course.

By Jessica X

May 07, 2017

Very good elementary education course by these 3 wonderful professors to those who has no knowledge but interesting in marketing. I work as a Marcom Executive in my current company and this course has helped me with gaining deeper understanding in the market and further my journey in my future campaigns. Excellent!

By Ujjwal G

Feb 09, 2020

It is an excellent course with lots of practical information. I loved the course and its contents. Everything was explained with examples and real-life situations. I would recommend this course to all those students who have an interest in marketing. This will give you knowledge of how deep the marketing field is.

By Denis B

Apr 13, 2020

As a new small business owner, I found this course very helpful as it quickly supplied me with fundamental knowledge on marketing. The course made me think about the brand of my business; it made me come up with lots of creative ideas on brand positioning, cross-selling, and pricing. This course is worth the time

By 陈良煜

Mar 08, 2016

It's a good course. The professors not only have a variety of wisdom, but also are very patient. I have learned a lot about band, marketing, positioning from this course. By the way, it help boost the confidence for studying marketing. Thanks the financial aid, I can't get the latest marketing theory without it.

By Sriharsha R

Oct 06, 2017

I must admit there is indeed a lot I could learn just from the comfort of my home, thanks to Coursera. The learning and exposure gained from these online classes by some of the leaders in academia, itself is inspiring. I am now confident of gaining immense understanding of marketing from completing this course.

By Christopher P

Oct 01, 2017

This was a great recap of some materials and great introduction to new materials I wasn't familiar with. I really enjoyed the lectures from all three professors and thought the production value of their videos and teaching materials excellent. Really looking forward to putting some of the new knowledge to use.

By Kaylyn

May 15, 2020

The professors were fantastic. Barbara Kahn was so organized that it made me gasp in excitement to see her reappear in the last segment. So happy to have taken this, really couldn't have asked for better (although, I have little to compare it to as I did not focus on studying business in college). Well done.

By Wang Y

Feb 24, 2020

the logic of the course especially in week 1 is so clear and help me figure out the connections/ differences between the marketing concepts I knew ( which could be confusing). A very good course for start-ups and also for marketers to review the basic and fundamental knowledges to support us for future work.

By Kenneth W

Apr 29, 2020

A refreshing learning experience with the professors providing up-to-date and relevant insights in modern day marketing. I wish there is a way to review your answers after every assessment. Right now, you an only view what you got right or wrong. U can review the other answers if you get the question wrong.