Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

MK

Dec 11, 2015

Great! I am taking the course with almost no experience in this area. Really enjoyed this class and learned a lot. A lot of practical examples which helped me to understand all the parts. Thank you!

AT

Jun 09, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

176 - 200 of 1,897 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Eduardo G d M

Curso de extrema importância para qualquer iniciante na área de negócios e empresas, traz bases importantíssimas tanto para formação de uma marca forte quanto para sua manutenção com excelência, indo até a temas como formação de preços e alavancagem de receitas.

By kapil t

Jul 13, 2019

I have learnt a lot of new concepts which will help me view marketing in a different way. The instructors taught all the concepts with illustrations which we can easily understand so a big thank you. I hope this certification will help me in getting my dream job

By Shreyas R

Jun 24, 2020

Coursera is a great Platform to learn more thinks that you are interested in during your free time with best in class teaching and from Best Colleges in World. I'm making good use of this during Covid-19 pandemic, Looking forward to learn more in this platform.

By Ahmed M E

Aug 17, 2017

It is a great course illusrated by a great professors who a have the knowledge and experience that made every phrase they are saying is an addition for me . It was too interesting too have this course which is affected me positively and increased me knowledge .

By Tendi K

Feb 11, 2016

I am thrilled to have completed this course. Marketing is very important to the success of every business. Interestingly, I was taken aback when I met this new concept called customer-centric marketing; never heard of it until now. Great content. Great course.

By Kevin M

Sep 08, 2020

Such a great reminder of all the elements I love about marketing that I have since forgotten since my undergraduate days. I’m excited to complete this specialization prior to embarking on business school next fall as I feel I’m going to start off very strong.

By kajol n

Dec 21, 2019

This course was very helpful to me. I am a Marketing student and It helped me gain knowledge through real-world examples and the professors were very descriptive. The overall course was very interesting and engaging.

I thank all the professors for this course.

By Vatsalya A

Feb 05, 2019

It provided me with a brief yet holistic view of all the basic tenets of Marketing. I am extremely thankful to the course instructors, the Wharton School of Business and the Coursera Team for providing me with an opportunity to learn and enhance my knowledge.

By David N

Aug 20, 2018

Great course - If you currently have spend 2+ years in any leadership position, many of these concepts will be repeats, however, there were a great amount of knowledge tidbits. The teachers were great and for the most part, the presentations were enjoyable.

By Adishree M

Absolutely eye-opening! This course offered me a clear-cut view into branding in today's age! It was comprehensive of everything one can possibly know to start or run a brand right away. Special thanks to Professor Kahn, Professor Fader and Professor Raju!

By Elena B

Splendid, top notch and well designed course! I have learnt so much important information which will be very useful in my future job. All 3 professors are fantastic, I loved the way they communicate information. Thank you, that was such a great experience!

By Kinka M

Jun 14, 2017

The course content was very relevant and helpful to understand a whole new topic ,in a short time span, I got to understand several important aspects of marketing. I would definitely suggest this course to other who has interest to learn about this topic.

By Raghav B

I really loved the course. Truly amazing course for me as a beginner, learnt some very different topics under makreting that I didn't know came under marketing and enjoyed it. I really had fun learning about customer psychology behind different things.

By Luis A B

Mar 25, 2016

Great introductory to the world of marketing, I felt in love with marketing thanks to the professors, I used to think marketing was just advertising but is much more as it is centered in the core of the business you want to develop, highly recommended.

By Luciana B M

Jun 28, 2020

Excelente curso, superou minhas expectativas! Os professores são muito experientes, vindos daquele que é considerado um dos melhores departamento de marketing do mundo! Todo aquele que tem seu próprio negócio (ou pensa em ter!) deveria fazer o curso.

By Noor A

Apr 11, 2020

Excellent Course! There are so many new things like Customer Centircity, Pricing in a Brand, Brand Positioning, Price Elasticity. It is a really challenging course that will stretch your thinking, at least if you attempt in under 2 weeks, like I did

By Vatsal S

May 20, 2016

Really impressed with the conceptual clarity and the overall pedagogy of this course. This is a perfect prerequisite course before one starts off his MBA. Thank you faculty of Wharton for this quality learning experience.

Vatsal Singh

New Delhi, India

By Katy S

Feb 25, 2016

This course was very helpful at explaining what the different approaches a business can take. The professors were also very efficient and made it so the course easy to follow. I am now trying to take this knowledge and apply it to my small business.

By Sarah B

Feb 18, 2016

Really a great introductory course. There is a high level of professionalism and I find the speakers to be very credible. I'm very eager to take more Marketing courses from Wharton especially on topics such as B2B marketing and industrial marketing.

By Angela G

Nov 09, 2019

I found the information given in this course easy to understand and apply. Some of the course material could be updated, but the general principals are there and still relevant today. I look forward to taking additional courses by these professors.

By Devesh R

Sep 09, 2019

It is very good for beginners to gain insights about marketing. It really helps in understanding the tactics that one needs to incur to climb up the corporate ladder in marketing. Great work by all the three professors. Appreciate it! Thanks a lot!

By Aaditya K Y

Jun 24, 2020

Everyone should do this course even if you don't want to be in business. By taking this course you will not only gain marketing skills but also become better as a customer. You will be able to see what techniques businesses are using around you.

By Dennis F L

Apr 29, 2020

I must say this course has broadened my scope of thinking and approach to marketing. Marketing is evolving and hence you need to aquire new ideas to meet the high demands of recruiters and expand yourself. I'm grateful to have this at this time.

By Arnold F

Aug 28, 2019

Recommend this course to individuals attempting to gain a better conceptual understanding of Business. I really enjoyed the lectures and content taught throughout the weeks which provided a unique insight into the different aspects of business.

By Supriya K

Sep 16, 2017

Loved it ... almost through with the course and have found it to be a trove of key concepts and theories. In particular, each of the professors in this course were top notch and a treat to learn from. Thank you Coursera for making this possible.