Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AT

Dec 03, 2015

Learned a lot of things in this course. Have already started changing the way I think about pricing in my current position. I hope we get the opportunity to apply these concepts in Capstone project.

MK

Dec 11, 2015

Great! I am taking the course with almost no experience in this area. Really enjoyed this class and learned a lot. A lot of practical examples which helped me to understand all the parts. Thank you!

176 - 200 of 1,772 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Noor A

Apr 11, 2020

Excellent Course! There are so many new things like Customer Centircity, Pricing in a Brand, Brand Positioning, Price Elasticity. It is a really challenging course that will stretch your thinking, at least if you attempt in under 2 weeks, like I did

By Vatsal S

May 20, 2016

Really impressed with the conceptual clarity and the overall pedagogy of this course. This is a perfect prerequisite course before one starts off his MBA. Thank you faculty of Wharton for this quality learning experience.

Vatsal Singh

New Delhi, India

By Katy S

Feb 25, 2016

This course was very helpful at explaining what the different approaches a business can take. The professors were also very efficient and made it so the course easy to follow. I am now trying to take this knowledge and apply it to my small business.

By Sarah B

Feb 18, 2016

Really a great introductory course. There is a high level of professionalism and I find the speakers to be very credible. I'm very eager to take more Marketing courses from Wharton especially on topics such as B2B marketing and industrial marketing.

By Angela G

Nov 09, 2019

I found the information given in this course easy to understand and apply. Some of the course material could be updated, but the general principals are there and still relevant today. I look forward to taking additional courses by these professors.

By Devesh R

Sep 09, 2019

It is very good for beginners to gain insights about marketing. It really helps in understanding the tactics that one needs to incur to climb up the corporate ladder in marketing. Great work by all the three professors. Appreciate it! Thanks a lot!

By Aaditya K Y

Jun 24, 2020

Everyone should do this course even if you don't want to be in business. By taking this course you will not only gain marketing skills but also become better as a customer. You will be able to see what techniques businesses are using around you.

By Dennis F L

Apr 29, 2020

I must say this course has broadened my scope of thinking and approach to marketing. Marketing is evolving and hence you need to aquire new ideas to meet the high demands of recruiters and expand yourself. I'm grateful to have this at this time.

By Arnold F

Aug 28, 2019

Recommend this course to individuals attempting to gain a better conceptual understanding of Business. I really enjoyed the lectures and content taught throughout the weeks which provided a unique insight into the different aspects of business.

By Supriya K

Sep 16, 2017

Loved it ... almost through with the course and have found it to be a trove of key concepts and theories. In particular, each of the professors in this course were top notch and a treat to learn from. Thank you Coursera for making this possible.

By Carlos Z R

Jan 07, 2020

It is an excellent course! The instructors prepared with the high quality that distinguishes the University of Pennsylvania. Enriched with many readings, recommendations and videos. A lot of experience available to everyone. Highly recommended.

By keshav k p

Apr 28, 2020

it's a great course to know how the market structure works. as being from engineering background it was quiet interesting to learn about different marketing strategy. and I'd just like to thank to all the professors for their amazing insights.

By Laura D

May 22, 2016

Concise course covering core topics, with a good mix of fun applied psychology and drier business theory. All three professors are clear, engaging, and watchable. Excellent course and I look forward to taking part in Wharton's other offerings!

By Sahar B R

Jun 15, 2019

Thank you Coursera for this big opportunity. The course helped me in my first steps in Marketing, especially understanding the fundamentals and the theory behind, and now I am advancing more confidently asthe Marketing Manager of my startup.

By Oscar E S

Jul 23, 2018

Great updated view in the Marketing field, applicable to big corporations and smaller start-ups getting into the market. It was clear to me that most of the marketing aspects of a business where covered with mastery and great communication.

By Anurag S

Nov 13, 2016

The content is top notch, though mostly focussed on examples from the modern IT or eCommerce companies. Content is also a subset of a more comprehensive set of lectures, but all of it is very good as expected from a B-school of this caliber.

By NUERXIATIJIANG X

Apr 03, 2020

I really enjoy this course, I had the same courses two years back in my school but the professor did not explain some content very well, with this one offered by Wharton, the quality is very high and you can learn a lot through this course.

By Ahmed A A

Mar 14, 2019

awesome course , I really learned a lot from this course and gained so many skills in marketing.

Moreover it allowed me to understand the concept of marketing and how the STP is being obtained.

Thank you so much for this outstanding course !

By Priyank G

Jan 14, 2017

The course introduced me to the world of Marketing and made a base for me to rely on whether talking to anyone knowledgeable in the field of marketing. To whoever looking to learn basics of brand management, I would recommend this course.

By Alex M

Dec 30, 2017

A great introduction course, it covers a lot of concepts in an easy-to-access fashion. This perhaps makes the structure loose, but on the positive the courses are memorable, and very relevant in the context of the Wharton specialisation.

By 施倩倩

Sep 17, 2017

This course is really amazing, and I learn a lot of interesting case during this period. I will highly recommend my friends to take this course. In addition, I hope the professors could add more reading material to extend the knowledge.

By Hervé M

Great insights into the purpose of marketing within an organization. Coming from an R&D background, I never really understood how marketing worked, other than thinking it was synonymous with advertising. This was a really great course!

By Yash M

Jun 07, 2017

The professors explained and elaborated every thing related to subject very clearly and briefly. I liked the course very much and will definately refer to my friends. I from the depth of my heart appreciate the efforts of the lecturers

By Rafiq Z

Apr 10, 2017

I love the fact that you can download the lectures and also that you provide the text so you can read it while professor is talking. Also the fact that professor stays on screen the entire time makes you feel more like the class room.

By Abhishek B

Feb 14, 2017

Prof. Fader is a genius. His interpretation and composition of the markets and his explanations are simple, precise and accurate.

His interpretation of Customer centric approach will sure help me in my thinking and growth in my company.