Back to What is news?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is news? by Michigan State University

This course will guide you through the basic elements of professional journalism and the news values and ethics of covering real-world issues and events. The overview and examples of the types of news coverage helps introduce the different types of journalism, such as social media, multimedia, print, visual and broadcast, and how professional journalists effectively use each format....

AG
Apr 26, 2020

Very good because it is taught about all the basics of journalists. Various case studies also train me to be able to think more with the mindset of a journalist. I highly recommend this class.

DS
Jun 7, 2020

I really enjoyed learning all of the different parts dealing with Journalism. I thought that the videos and the light reading made for a great learning experience. Thanks, Denise Shannon.

276 - 284 of 284 Reviews for What is news?

By Asmita T

Sep 6, 2020

it was good but not that informative as expected

By Celine V

Apr 17, 2016

interesting and clear.

By 吳艾蓁 A W

Jul 3, 2018

互評作業要等好久

By Stephanie K

Nov 4, 2020

Great introduction to the basics of journalism.

The course would really benefit from real moderation though, too many people write empty assignments, that really makes me wonder about the value of having the same certificate that they will get, despite actually putting the effort into it.

By Anton B

Apr 19, 2020

There must be some selective sorting for the peer-reviewed sections. Some folks are not coming close to addressing the prompts.

By Jo

Apr 23, 2016

Staff are incredibly arrogant bordering on aggressive. The very worst of the pontificating profession - and what we long term learners and educators know to be all too common. I couldn't stand it so I stopped. Would never recommend.

By Mimi S

Aug 26, 2021

I'm looking for a place to cancel my free trial and make sure I am not charged. This course is presented at a junior high level, at best. It's ridiculous. It would be great for junior high. I want out.

By Alejandro M P