Back to Writing your World: Finding yourself in the academic space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing your World: Finding yourself in the academic space by University of Cape Town

Throughout the world, writing serves to express, record and even create meaningful moments. In academic spaces, writing becomes the bridge between ourselves and the world of ideas. In this course, we provide practical insights into how to write an academic essay. We show you how to develop the academic skills needed to be a competent academic writer. You will have an opportunity to engage with texts written by academics, and to see how some of the ideas in these texts are used by students in constructing an academic essay. We address some of the challenges these students face with respect to academic writing and offer you the opportunity to practice and to develop your own writing style. For this course, we centre our lessons around a specific topic - the concept of identity, since it forms such an important feature of how we locate ourselves in an ever-changing global world. In other words, this course teaches academic writing skills through getting you to write and reflect on your understanding of identity. So if you are thinking about studying at a tertiary institution, or if you just want to brush up on your academic essay writing skills, this course is for you!...

AP

Sep 04, 2018

The Corsera program really help me to acquire new skills for essay writing and to develop a sense of responsibility and regularity in my work. Thank you Corsera :)

IP

Jun 14, 2019

It is a good course for those who want to know better how to qualify his/her skills to write essay for academic approach

1 - 13 of 13 Reviews for Writing your World: Finding yourself in the academic space

By RUTH W

May 31, 2018

it was very helpful with my writing skills my essay marks improved as I was able to apply what I learnt from the mooc

By Meghna

Jan 29, 2019

Its a really beneficial course for those who are aspiring to be a writer in future.

By axelle p

Sep 04, 2018

By Siyamthanda D

Apr 29, 2018

It is helpful but it is long and boring.

By Sardalova D A

б

о

By NORVYS G

Apr 30, 2018

Excellent course. I have learned a lot. Thank you so much!

By ikhona k

By MD. R A

May 26, 2019

By Brandon M

Jul 14, 2019

It's a real life saver that's sure to ramp up prospects of employment

By Iwan P

Jun 14, 2019

By Leonardo M V S

Oct 13, 2019

Excellent course! I have learned useful resources for my writings and academic projects. Thank you very much University of Cape Town!

By Soraya V W

Sep 25, 2019

It has been an interesting course that has highlighted some of the knowledge I was lacking in terms of writing an academic thesis.

By Mu'minah V

May 07, 2018

It was okay but the honors activities are long