Back to Writing your World: Finding yourself in the academic space

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing your World: Finding yourself in the academic space by University of Cape Town

Throughout the world, writing serves to express, record and even create meaningful moments. In academic spaces, writing becomes the bridge between ourselves and the world of ideas. In this course, we provide practical insights into how to write an academic essay. We show you how to develop the academic skills needed to be a competent academic writer. You will have an opportunity to engage with texts written by academics, and to see how some of the ideas in these texts are used by students in constructing an academic essay. We address some of the challenges these students face with respect to academic writing and offer you the opportunity to practice and to develop your own writing style. For this course, we centre our lessons around a specific topic - the concept of identity, since it forms such an important feature of how we locate ourselves in an ever-changing global world. In other words, this course teaches academic writing skills through getting you to write and reflect on your understanding of identity. So if you are thinking about studying at a tertiary institution, or if you just want to brush up on your academic essay writing skills, this course is for you!...

AP

Sep 04, 2018

The Corsera program really help me to acquire new skills for essay writing and to develop a sense of responsibility and regularity in my work. Thank you Corsera :)

MN

May 09, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. The concepts have been discussed with such detail. This course is a must for all those who want to pursue academic writing.

1 - 25 of 30 Reviews for Writing your World: Finding yourself in the academic space

By Iwan P

Jun 14, 2019

It is a good course for those who want to know better how to qualify his/her skills to write essay for academic approach

By RUTH W

May 31, 2018

it was very helpful with my writing skills my essay marks improved as I was able to apply what I learnt from the mooc

By axelle p

Sep 04, 2018

By GAIJINLUNG P

Jan 03, 2020

one of the best online course ever..thank you university of Cape Town

By Rosilin D S S

Sep 14, 2020

I am grateful for the course offer, it helped me learn how to write my essay systematically. And the course had lot of flexibility to complete my work in my own time that was great. And both the instructors were exellent in helping us understand the procedures of writing step by step. Over all i am happy and feel confident to write my essay now. Thanks a lot

By Megha N

May 09, 2020

By Leonardo M V S

Oct 13, 2019

Excellent course! I have learned useful resources for my writings and academic projects. Thank you very much University of Cape Town!

By Kabelo P M

May 23, 2020

Great course. I am very confident with dealing with Academic literacy and writing in Academia going forward

By Shivani R

Aug 07, 2020

I absolutely loved the course. Please try to add more such courses. Looking forward to it.

By Meghna M

Jan 29, 2019

Its a really beneficial course for those who are aspiring to be a writer in future.

By Alpha A

i throughoutly enjoyed this course... thank you to everyone who made it possible

By Sholo P

Greatly put together and well presented. Very happy with it. Relevant for me.

By Shraddha R

Aug 05, 2020

This course gave me an insight on how to go about writing an Academic Essay.

By Brandon M

Jul 14, 2019

It's a real life saver that's sure to ramp up prospects of employment

By Flora G

Jul 18, 2020

A very in detail course upon how to write an academic essay.

By NORVYS G

Apr 30, 2018

Excellent course. I have learned a lot. Thank you so much!

By Ravi M M

Aug 05, 2020

Best course for learning how to draft an essay

By Siyamthanda D

Apr 29, 2018

It is helpful but it is long and boring.

By Sibahle

Apr 27, 2020

The course was insightful.

By ikhona k

By MD. R A

May 26, 2019

By Nadia O

Jun 03, 2020

It was a great experience to learn the right way to write an academic essay. A concert example of identity was the topic to respect in our writings.

And now, after almost four weeks of practice and learning, I can see the huge difference in my English writing and even reading phases.

Thank you really.